It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Tornado In Taranto, Italy on 11-28-12 (Developing)...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What the heck is going on with the weather all over the globe lately? Freaky stuff happening with all these monsterous storm systems!

Stay safe Silo.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
has this ever happened before in your part of the world?, if it has, has it ever happened so late in the year?.
It seems incredibly strange that something as severe as this happens without the input of a warm front, i thought this was meant to happen in late summer.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What are they clocking this thing at? Category and such.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Crap that tornado was huge!

I have cousins that live there. I am going to try contacting them to see what is going on.

Thanks for posting the info and updates.

Mille grazie Silo.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
First - thank you everyone who wished me safe - it was quite a night here! That being said I lost power so obviously I wasn't able to do any updating. I'm going to go look now and see if I can get more information in English.

To answer a few questions though: No, the tornado isn't that rare but it's rare enough and one so huge and this time of year? From all reports on this end that's the 'strange' part.

Also I feel I need to state - Folks, look. I'm not here looking to garner sympathy or attention (I got a pretty nasty U2U with someone calling me a 'drama queen' over this thread and my Mt. Etna thread).

So - what are my reasons for posting 'these threads'? You. Pretty simple that. My reasons are You. ATS. I know that's what I come here for - first hand information ASAP. In return I give what I get and as much of it as I can give you. That IMO is what makes ATS great. Enough said on this I don't want to throw this thread off subject.

Be right back with some updates - in English I hope!

peace

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Tornado Hits Huge Steel Factory In Italy

There is a GREAT video at the site above - I'll try to find same one on YT to embed here.

A freak tornado has smashed into Europe's largest steel plant in the Italian city of Taranto, leaving one person missing and dozens injured.

Video footage shows the storm rolling in off the sea and tearing through the port city before hitting the huge IVLA site.

(pic from link source)

The sudden storm filled the sky with grey swirls of cloud that ripped across the harbour - and it is the latest blow to IVLA, which has become one of the most pressing issues confronting the government of Prime Minister Mario Monti.

Interesting that - 'freak storm' - 'biggest problem' - make's me wonder about fate or...something else...

Workers had stormed the plant on Tuesday to protest about a planned closure announced on Monday. Managers have been attempting to address health concerns amid reports of an elevated incidence of cancer in the area.

Unreal coincidence. If you believe in coincidences.

peace

edit on 29-11-2012 by silo13 because: added pic

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Taranto, Italy Tornado: Rare Fall Twister Hits Steel Factory (VIDEO)

Description of the video by YouTube poster Daniele Carbotti roughly translated from Italian:
"A tornado was seen, pointed at the industrial port of Taranto, that lifted considerable material from the ground... In fact, you see a flash caused by damage to electrical equipment... Now you hear a lot of ambulances, certainly within the industrial center to administer first aid... THE KIND OF THING I HAVEN'T EVER SEEN. I just hope no one was hurt."

The whole of Italy and the western Mediterranean is under the sway of a powerful fall storm. Weather observations from nearby Grottaglie show stormy weather starting at 0700 UTC (through at least 1200 UTC) Wednesday, including strong southeasterly winds, thunderstorms and downpours.

I have to preen a bit. Huffington post - you're a day late.

peace

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
silo13, thanks for getting the info up for us, as for someone calling you a drama queen, ignore them, i for one appreciate the effort you made in getting this info up.
It does seem so very odd that this is happening now, four weeks away from the shortest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, the time of year when there is the absolute least amount of solar input into weather systems.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Nothing unusual. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
As long as i remembered as a child in Italy, Fano Italy never had any such weather nor Tornados.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Portugal had Tornadoes this month too. We are seeing extreme weather that has reached heights never seen before in many countries this year.

tornado-causes-pandemonium-in-algarve-city

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Eerily beautiful, and scarily close... amazing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join