It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Tornado In Taranto, Italy on 11-28-12 (Developing)...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Details are continuing to emerge, but I wanted to get preliminary information posted so that you could take a look at this amazing site in the South of Italy. Note the multiple vortex structure at several points, especially around 1 minute into the video. You can also see transformer power flashes from time to time:

A littler farther south here in Sicily - my whole place is abotu to blow away! It's insane weather!

The tornado up north has klled a few - a lot of damage and some kids were hit in a school. I'm not going to post the info from the local news station (RAI) as it's all in Italain - so you'll hve to take the info off the blog (above) staying within T&C.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm posting this in pieces as my electricity keeps clicking on and off.

Here's another video -

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Be careful and stay safe. Weather looks nuts. That tornado in the second video looks massive. Is it the same as in the first?
edit on 11/28/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is Taranto in the Umbria region? I have been all around Umbria and it is a beautiful region. Hope this storm does not do too much damage or hurt too many people......

Just figured out it is a lot farther south that I thought. Really crazy weather for that area either way.
edit on 11/28/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
In november? Is that normal?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here's the link to RAI News.

What I'm hearing is - though it's not as rare as you might think - this happens to be the largest 'tromba' on record - (the blog link says the same) - but I'm looking for more info.

So far it's reported a steel mill was hit very bad - along with a school. If I don't lose power I'll try to get you more info but it's getting crazy here.

Oh - maybe I should post a map - there's one in the blog but here's mine:

I'm going to try to get some video of here once I get may animals all set. I've been here 15 years and seen nothing like this.

EDIT TO ADD: Freaky part is look how far up the area of the tornado is (in red square) then down where the 'heart' is (where I am) - And the wind is just freaking going balistic here!

peace

edit on 28-11-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good luck with that and stay safe. I have to confess i didn't know Italy suffered from tornadoes so i have just done a bit of research - it seems they are quite rare (and tend to happen above Rome, so more Northern Italy) but that when they do happen they seem to be big, including some suspected F5's!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Please be careful and stay safe.
Keep us updated when it's safe to do so.

Thanks for info!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You can here the ladies in this video saying 'Mai cosi' - (never like this).

Wow...

Wow wow...

peace
edit on 28-11-2012 by silo13 because: Added another video

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
stay safe friend! i was in an f-3 in ontario canada. it ain't fun,and now i have a BIG phobia of tornadoes!
please be safe!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is not something I would ever have expected for Italy, or Portugal. Its very suspicious to me.

Please stay safe. Blessings, prayers, keep alert and safe.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I realize this is only a coincidence but a hurricane taking place in the exact location on the anniversary of The Royal Navy's attack on the Italian fleet really caught my attention. Take care of yourself friend.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for documenting this
This is one of the reasons I joined ATS
S & F

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
First time ive ever known 1 to hit youtube before the global incident map .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo Thanks for Posting this thread! Stars n 1 Flag.... More Stars to come as long as to stay safe!!!!!! Between Etna and her new lava chute the earth quakes you have in your area the last thing you need now is Weather!!!! We have been flooding here so bad we have no train tracks that is keeping the trains from going beyond Taunton Somerset. No trains for Devon and Cornwall only buses connect the hours drive between the two stations but the home owners who are pumping n sweeping water out of their homes AGAIN.... on the books is unaffordable Flood Insurance. We are safe being on top of the hill albeit 12 years ago we lost 20% of our garden that feel 275 feet below on the train tracks stopping the trains for 30 days between Exeter Devon and all point Southwest inc Cornwall! On Thanksgiving Day (22 Nov) a lady was killed outside her home - her tree fell over and well you get the idea!

Off topic? Sort of my point beside the obvious demoed in your videos - we don't always appreciate how dangerous this foul weather is! Silo you are (as all members) important to ATS, your score card is beyond impressive and the point is that score is what you give to our community!!! You are needed here!!!!! I know you are dashing in and out putting animals where they need to be!

TAKE CARE LOOK LISTEN and please be safe
You are in my Prayers

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow, stay safe! Pretty gutsy to get out there and film it... I'd be hunkered down somewhere!
I can't watch the second video. I click on it and it says "This video is private."

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I'm sorry the video you're refering to has already been taken down. I'll try to find a copy but my electricity is really scetchy at the moment...

As soon as I can I'll see if I can get another copy.

And it's still so windy here I can barely stay online.

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I'm sorry the video you're refering to has already been taken down. I'll try to find a copy but my electricity is really scetchy at the moment...

peace
Stay safe!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

peace

All four videos are working for me.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Those videos look really terrifying, I hope you are okay.
How is the situation by now? Do you know anything about the damage it caused?

Hope you are and stay safe!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join