It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Humans To Cy-Borgs???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Do you enjoy sex? Do you enjoy having emotions, and being able to consider yourself as an individual? Love, lust, etc.? Did you know, that the powers that are, in power, are seeking to take all individuality away from you???

It has been predicted, that by 2045, we will no longer be humans. No. Instead, we will all be one. A cyborg-race, if you will. The worst part about all of this, is that you will have no say so, in this transformation. With nanobots the size of the cells in your body, you will be taken over by these machines, and lose all senses of emotions, and sex. To have the ability to live forever, be free of all infections, be able to hold your breath for hours on end, and to truly live forever.

Whether you like it or not, these technologies are being worked on, and developed. This is a very real reality, no matter how bogus you think this may sound. No more offspring, no sense of being different. The powers that be, are aiming to take all of what makes us human, away from us.

This is a very real threat, and not that of science fiction. God will come way before this happens, I am sure. Man is trying to act as God, trying to replace God, but this is not possible.

This may be hard for some to imagine, or conceive in their minds, but this is being sought after. We are supposed to occupy until The Lord Christ Jesus comes again. While we are still alive, and breathing, it is ultimately up to us to make sure we do not become a cyborg-race. Again, this is very real, and not science fiction.

Some people may want to live in their delusional reality, but such things that are almost impossible to comprehend, are making there ways to the surface of reality.

Science is trying to take the place of God, but this will not happen. Thank The Lord God, Christ Jesus that He is coming soon. You would not want to live in a world without Him, because without your consent, and control, this cyborg-race of humans, would be the future. Thankfully, God will come back before any of this can happen.

Many things take place behind closed doors, and the powers that be laugh at the ones who are easily controlled, by thinking all these truths are just from the minds of lunatics, but these things are very real, along with many other wild facts of the world we live in.

As long as I'm alive, I will do all that is in my power, to benefit humanity, and see to it that we stay human, and not some nano-cyborg, human race.

They said I was crazy when I talked about U.F.O.s, and Spirits in high-school. What will they think now? haha

I really don't care. I'm getting the information out, as fast as I can find documents, or documentaries to back up what I speak of. It can either be pushed aside, and ignored now, or it can be confronted when it's too late, or confronted now when we still have a chance to make a difference.

Even If someone is not saved in the Blood of Christ, they better Hope to God, that He is coming back, because you're not going to want to live to see the next fifty years.

People can laugh at me, but the joke is not on me, it will be on them. Research the topic for yourself. If someone really cherishes life, their heart might sink when they learn how real this future could be, if Christ does not return before then.

Again, we must occupy until he comes, and that means, we must do all we can, to prevent this very real future possibility, of losing everything that makes us, "Human".

Get to researchin'. No one likes ignorance.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I refuse to live that way and would kill myself. Screw that.

Dont bring this god bull# into this. Utter bull#

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeatMasta

It has been predicted, that by 2045, we will no longer be humans. No. Instead, we will all be one. A cyborg-race, if you will.

This may be hard for some to imagine, or conceive in their minds, but this is being sought after. We are supposed to occupy until The Lord Christ Jesus comes again.

Some people may want to live in their delusional reality, but such things that are almost impossible to comprehend, are making there ways to the surface of reality.

Science is trying to take the place of God, but this will not happen. Thank The Lord God, Christ Jesus that He is coming soon. You would not want to live in a world without Him, because without your consent, and control, this cyborg-race of humans, would be the future. Thankfully, God will come back before any of this can happen.

As long as I'm alive, I will do all that is in my power, to benefit humanity, and see to it that we stay human, and not some nano-cyborg, human race.

They said I was crazy when I talked about U.F.O.s, and Spirits in high-school. What will they think now? haha

Even If someone is not saved in the Blood of Christ, they better Hope to God, that He is coming back, because you're not going to want to live to see the next fifty years.

People can laugh at me, but the joke is not on me, it will be on them.

They will still say you are crazy. I think you have touched on every aspect of paranoid delusions in your post....congratulations! Absolutely none of this will happen....I am as sure of that as you appear to be of Christ coming to save us all from becoming cyborgs. That would make a great "B" movie from the backyard though.

Seek help.....and stop giving advice.....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They won't rid the human race of emotions and sex, scientists are humans too, no human would do that.

Man is trying to act as God, trying to replace God, but this is not possible.

Exactly, you can't replace something that doesn't exist.
edit on 28-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Yeah the singularity is going to be AWESOME!

Imagine being able to share an emotion or experience with someone just by thinking about it, imagine being able to share a full body intense orgasm with someone on the other side of the world. Imagine being able to close your eyes and 'jump' your consciousness into somebody else s body to experience exactly what they are as they jump from the stratosphere and freefall. Image what it would feel like for a bloke to jump into the consciousness of his wife during labour so they can experience childbirth together. Imagine being able to 'know' anything you want, all the secrets.

There will be no corruption, no money, no wars, the evil people in charge will be no more, the human race will finally be free to transcend time and space and take our place in the galaxy.

Or you can stay fearful of change, ignorant & keep believing in that mumbo jumbo religion, stay locked in slavery and unnecessary wars and let the human race stagnate until we finally self extinct on a little blue green insignificant spec orbiting a little insignificant star in the arse end back waters of the milky way.
edit on 28-11-2012 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The ignorance in this thread is overflowing.

Bone up on transhumanism and realize that robots or cyborgs are not what you think, not even in the slightest. You have no clue what enhancement could mean, you're simply focusing on the negative. Can you imagine emotional stimuli that is enhanced in all ways? Can you imagine skin that feels just like the real thing but is more receptive to all forms of touch? Can you imagine youthful bodies that maintain the look and feel of the regular human bodies but have additional features that are both discrete and powerful? Can you imagine?

If I had more time, I'd sit down and argue these points. You're swimming in ignorance for the sake of fear. You have no clue what waits in the realms of artificial selection.

(spoiler alert: believe it or not, you're already a complete machine) I'll revisit this thread on principle later, because it has rubbed me the wrong way due to elderly fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Some points to consider.

I used to also be fearful of this future. Not anymore. You'd be surprised how quickly your opinion changes regarding biotechnology when you or someone you love starts to experience real health issues. FYI, someone walking around with an artificial heart is still very human...

I used to also view biotech progress as separate from nature. This is a fallacy. The same natural powers that have given us our biology are the same ones that gave us the ability to reason/advance technology-wise, to create amazing technology, build cities, etc. Our cities are just as natural as bee-hives, in that sense. I do think we abuse our planet and will regret this, but again, that's another topic.

There are plenty of valid social concerns in the tech space. For ex., I don't think Facebook is good for us socially as a species. But to blatantly reject all technological advances in a space as large as the the health space is foolish.

The final reason I have embraced biotech is that I fell it's our natural destiny, for a secondary reason to what I said above. As we have progressed, we have all but eliminated natural selection. There really is no going back, unless we want to revert to more barbaric times. We no longer have this pressure from nature. Many live who would have not in the past, insane a,punts vs. 100 years ago, many of which go on to have babies with genes prone to the same problems. As individuals we are great full for is life-saving technology when it saves someone we love.

Our only way forward is to solve our problems with science. And we are capable of doing just that.

Technology's already saved you 100x over, you're just not thinking straight. Ever benefitted from medicine?
edit on 11/28/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
p.s., I'm not saying mistakes won't be made when tampering with genetics or exploring nanotechnology. There are some very dangerous possibilities there. But given the number of people on the planet, I'm confident we will survive and be better in the end.

An example: I thought it was very foolish for scientists to declare large sections of our DNA "junk DNA" because they didn't know it's purpose after some years (when nature's been working with this DNA for millions of years). Nature is very efficient/doesn't like to waste, and hopefully we don't engineer some characteristic of our humanity away by making careless assumptions...
edit on 11/28/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Isn't the real argument about the origin of consciousness?

en.wikipedia.org...:

Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.[1][2] It has been defined as: subjectivity, awareness, sentience, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind.[3] Despite the difficulty in definition, many philosophers believe that there is a broadly shared underlying intuition about what consciousness is.[4] As Max Velmans and Susan Schneider wrote in The Blackwell Companion to Consciousness: "Anything that we are aware of at a given moment forms part of our consciousness, making conscious experience at once the most familiar and most mysterious aspect of our lives."[5]

Given this definition, regardless of how we exist in a physical form, what would prevent us from having any of the current cognitive and emotional qualities which we have in our current bodies?

Robots have to use defined algorithms to try to solve problems. They simply look at data and use their programmed decision making tools to do work. Cyborgs would be mechanical beings with a portion of soft-bio humanity left in them. Cyborgs might not have the problems which reduce the flexibility of robots.

I wonder if the origin of emotions is related to the nature of a separate soul, ie consciousness, or if it is purely biological programming. This is the big debate in current brain science. Does the brain make us who we are or is a field of consciousness present which the brain tunes into like a radio, making us perceive our natures as individual?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Bone up on transhumanism and realize that robots or cyborgs are not what you think, not even in the slightest. You have no clue what enhancement could mean, you're simply focusing on the negative. Can you imagine emotional stimuli that is enhanced in all ways?

I have to agree with you.

Whenever I hear about cyborg augmentations I kind of get excited.
I think the benefits in terms of the disabled alone would be tremendous.

I think people confuse the notion of cybernetics with turning someone into a full blown solid steel emotionless automaton.

Still...for the sake of shameless fear-mongering...I predict that a powerful corporation will force test subjects to become cyborgs, but all of them will resits and go insane.

Except for Alex Murphy of course.

- Lee

edit on 28-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

top topics

join