It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define yourself? An AMAZING video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

If there were no eyes, the sun wouldn't be bright? The sun would be exactly the same regardless of whether we can see it or not.

A tree's hardness is only measured by the softness of our skin? No it isn't. A tree is softer than rock and harder than water. We have nothing to do with it.

The sun wouldn't be bright if there were no eyes, because nobody would see it, therefore it is not bright, but yes it's still the same sun, just not bright.

The hardness of trees is MEASURED by the softness of skin, if there were no skin how would it be measured, therefore it's measured by us.
edit on 1-12-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree

reply to post by Lightbringer38

If there were no eyes, the sun wouldn't be bright? The sun would be exactly the same regardless of whether we can see it or not.

A tree's hardness is only measured by the softness of our skin? No it isn't. A tree is softer than rock and harder than water. We have nothing to do with it.

The sun wouldn't be bright is there were no eyes, because nobody would see it, therefore it is not bright, but yes it's still the same sun, just not bright.

The hardness of trees is MEASURED by the softness of skin, if there were no skin how would it be measured, therefore it's measured by us.

Right. The sun wouldn't be bright without eyes to see it. Again, so what? Isn't this just stating the ridiculously obvious? Could I make millions in stating such unprofound observations? Where there is an UP, you will find a DOWN. It is very cold only where there is no heat. Am I wise or what?!!

Yep, we measure things. So what? How is this revelation supposed to make us a grand creation in the grand scheme of things?

There are so many reasons to count ourselves as special and unique. Watt's definition just isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thank you for an amazing video.

Humans are truly extraordinary beings.

We have so much potential.

We have so much good inside us.

We just have to realize that we are all one.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not here to change your mind, if you fully understand what's being stated that's fine.

I find it more than interesting we have the power to give then sun it's brightness or a tree it's properties, the sky it's colour or the crashing of waves their sound. Taken as individual things may not seem impressive but that's not the point of the theory, it's the overall point of the theory that is impressive in my opinion.

edit on 1-12-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Isn't this just stating the ridiculously obvious?

Not exactly. You not only have to state the ridiculously obvious, but also show pretty pictures, play beautiful heart-wrenching music, and include lots of word salad specifically intoned in a warm, gentle, non-threatening voice to pull the heart strings of New Agers.

Well done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join