It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define yourself? An AMAZING video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Once again my favourite youtube user has created yet another inspiringly beautiful video. I was deeply touched by this video and hope you are as well it is very well made. The speaker is Alan Watts one of my favourites.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Lightbringer38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This really needs to be seen!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Alan Watts, one of my top philosophers, his books and recorded lectures are amazing.

I'v heard this section before, but none the less thanks for sharing so that others can hear him speak

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

Ahh. Lovely.

For over 40 years I have taken much strength from knowing I contain atoms from the original stars. Thanks for reminding me I owe that knowledge to Alan Watts. (Must've been him, right?)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

That was awesome! Thank you lightbringer

I'm going to have to hear more of what this guy has to say. His voice sounds pretty familiar.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I had some heavy realizations while watching this video, thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Very nice video put to Alan Watts lectures. If you haven't read or heard any of Alan Watts work then you should...great philosopher and plenty to get your mind rolling.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Nice reminder.

People have a hard time wrapping their head around it because we just left the Kali Yuga or darkest point in the cycle.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Rockin'.

Thanks for posting this OP. It made my day!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Rockin'.

Thanks for posting this OP. It made my day!

No problem!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I really wish this had gotten more attention ;(

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

You shared the message which is all you can do. Your good deed has been done. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subconsciously Correct

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

You shared the message which is all you can do. Your good deed has been done. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

Touche'!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Lightbringer38

Ive always been fascinated by Alan Watts he is such a mesmerizing man..Thank you so much for posting this video it was beautifully executed ..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That was an awesome video. I have never, to my knowledge, heard of Alan Watts. After that oh so brief insight, I will be listening to many many more of his ideas. Might have been the music, might have been the backdrops, might have simply been the words spoken...but something about that video sparked something positive in me, which is rare these days.

Fantastic side-road to all the doom and gloom lately. S&F for you, OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Subscribing to this to view the video later, but thank you for sharing!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
He is one of my favorites, watched every video on youtube.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Beautiful.

For a while now I've known about this theory/fact, how we are all made from the big bang and how we are made from the same 'stuff' as the stars but I've never seen it put together so well, by word and by the form of media (incl. song).

Great, thanks

edit on 1-12-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Crap! Why do I always have to be the bad guy??? I read all of the replies here, and not one of you recognized the flaws in this clip.

If there were no eyes, the sun wouldn't be bright? The sun would be exactly the same regardless of whether we can see it or not.

A tree's hardness is only measured by the softness of our skin? No it isn't. A tree is softer than rock and harder than water. We have nothing to do with it.

Sure, we are part of the process of the Big Bang, but so is rock and carbon and hydrogen and fire... How does this make us more special than any other thing in the universe?

I'm not trying to bash this type of thinking. I just don't want to go off attributing a specialness to life where it doesn't deserve it. We can be special to one another. We can be special in the sense of caring for nature, for wanting to know everything there is to know about this marvelous and mysterious universe.

The idea that we are part of the Big Bang. Okay, so what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join