It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's team caught attempting to buy fake evidence of global warming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this is not a political issue, it is a science issue.
this is not about one man, it is about all of us

don't stick your head in the sand.

the proof is all aorund us

this is absolutely a political issue, why do you think there are so many scientist on the government dole studying this.
i'm wondering how much govt money al gore's organization gets.

yes this absolutely a science issue, as far as pertaining to what the cause is. but most of the paid govt. scientists ignore the natural causes, and try to shift the focus, and say it's a man made so the governments can pass laws that control us, and put money in their pockets as well as their friends.

no this is not about one man, it's about a group of govts ,or individuals who want control of world resources, and yes that is absolutely about all of us.

to think other wise i say would be having your head in the sand.

absolutely there is proof, but who's proof, the pro man made warming crowd or the natural causes crowd.

on a side note cool avatar, I think 2112 is the best album ever made.
i fly the red star in my sig.
you know maybe you should, think about how the priests of the temple have taken care of every thing.
you know, "the words you read, the songs you sing, the pictures that give pleasure to your eye"

hell, i'll just post the album, click show more for lyrics
and this was written in 1976, wonder where peart's mind was back then.
here's a wiki.Rush 2112

edit on 29-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is ZERO "evidence" that ANY climate change is occurring due to mankind.....do we pollute - yes. However, it is LAUGHABLE to presume that anyone on this planet can claim that they KNOW - based on less than 200 years worth of data (and almost 100 years of THAT is Farmers Almanac data) - what causes the climate to change on a planet that is a BILLION years old. That's like saying that I can determine what causes a 50 year old individual's behavior based on observing that individual for less than a second......laughable.
I suggest that all you "Gore-ites" read up on a little thing called "The Little Ice Age" (which was preceded by "The Medievel Warm Period")......that's right, we have a VERIFIABLE, HISTORICAL RECORD of an example of rapid climate change PRIOR to the Industrial Age.

DENY IGNORANCE - LOOK AT THE HISTORICAL RECORD

Was this rapid climate change caused by an overuse of non-renewable carbon fuels - BEFORE the internal combustion engine was even invented??? NO - it was a NATURAL process of the Earth.

There are Marine Fossils in the Desert Southwest of the United States - was this due to the Dinosaurs'
over use of personal watercraft?? NO - it was a NATURAL process of the Earth

Lastly - COMMON SENSE: if YOU were Al Gore, and you KNEW, without a shadow of a doubt, that AGW was REAL and was the "Biggest threat to human civilization" (as he claims) - how would YOU act? Would YOU still jet all over the world spewing more carbon into the atmosphere? Would YOU still travel in fleets of SUV's ? Would YOU still own a home in Tennessee with a monthly power bill the size of a WALMART??

Al Gore has a bigger "Carbon Footprint" than everyone I know - COMBINED!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Talk about exaggeration...

This (as someone else has said) is a NON-ISSUE.

You deniers are really reaching now, huh?

Once again... the pot calls the sugar black.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TSZodiac

Right on!
Gore is responsible for one of the biggest scams ever foisted on not only the American people, but anyone, anywhere who's stupid enough to fall for his b.s.
He was in Manila this week. Why do so many people believe this jerk?

Watch Gore here:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Your topic title is incredibly misleading. "Gore's team caught attempting to buy fake evidence of global warming".

This insinuates that they knew it was "fake evidence" (whatever that means), which is not true. They requested the use of his material. What they planned on using it for, was not determined. He could have used that video as evidence of man made fires ... who knows. Certainly not you.

"Context: Mr. Gore often shows photos and video of wildfires in his presentations. This video would augment that section". This was a video of a wild fire. I don't see how on earth you got the title to this post, other than willful neglect of information and biased views.

Don't spread ignorance on this forum please.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

Gores 'presentations' are on global warming. Get back under your rock. Men are talking.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Your topic title is incredibly misleading. "Gore's team caught attempting to buy fake evidence of global warming".

This insinuates that they knew it was "fake evidence" (whatever that means), which is not true. They requested the use of his material. What they planned on using it for, was not determined. He could have used that video as evidence of man made fires ... who knows. Certainly not you.

"Context: Mr. Gore often shows photos and video of wildfires in his presentations. This video would augment that section". This was a video of a wild fire. I don't see how on earth you got the title to this post, other than willful neglect of information and biased views.

Gores 'presentations' are on global warming. Get back under your rock. Men are talking.

Gore's presentation could be about your mother, how do you know what he has planned? The point of my post is not to assume. The facts are very blatant in the article, you should give it a look.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Well, if you have no real evidence, because what you are trying to push is fake anyway, then I suppose fake data is the only remaining option!
I saw video of that fellow, that got the "fire tornado" shots, talking about this incident. Kudos to him for standing for the truth!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by deessell

Well, if you have no real evidence, because what you are trying to push is fake anyway, then I suppose fake data is the only remaining option!
I saw video of that fellow, that got the "fire tornado" shots, talking about this incident. Kudos to him for standing for the truth!

I'm guessing that the fake stuff being pushed you're talking about is global warming stuff.

Then how about the FACT that for the first time in 1100 years the permafrost is melting. There's a conference going on right now in Qatar with evidence of this. You remind me of one of those fundamentalist christians that reckons a scientist that gives the age of a fossil as "between 4 million and 6 million years old for example". Then comes out with the comment of "how stupid are scientists, they can't even be more accurate". When really, the scientist is trying NOT to make outlandish statements but instead tells only what is available. Date of rock igneous strata below fossil layer = 6 million years. Date of first igneous rock strata above fossil layer = 4 million years. Hence fossil is between 4 and 6 million years old. This shows the IGNORANCE of these christian morons and imo the inability to accept that the climate is warming with overwhelming evidence to show this, shows the IGNORANCE of such climate change deniers.
Hang on, didn't I read somewhere "deny ignorance"

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Text Whitereply to post by deessell

Meaning no offense to anyone denying the effect of humankind on our planet I'd simply state; if a significant majority of the Earths scientists (in a position and/or educated to know) support as fact our races expedition of the earths spiral towards de-counstruction/implosion, I'd certainly be inclined to accept their rendering over all the geniusus who inhabit the Inter-World spewing forth nonsense and making up evidence along the way! Just for the record folks, though so many (esp., far right) have made fun of Gore and make it sound as though he's only in it for the money, fortune and fame, please consider that he's been speaking of and about our deleterious effect on the planet since the early 1970's. It's not new to him or any other real environmentaist who's truly paying attention and attempting objective reasoning in an effort to learn/remain teachable. Strange how so-o many people take themselves too seriously whilst Rome is burning before their eyes! Frankly, I don't think we have much of a chance, as there are too many variables far beyond our control and as long as people choose to remain ignorant (this and multiple other issues) we don't need rescued. Humans are a Parasite to earth and it's about time for her to clense herself (again) in order that she may survive to carry on till such time as determined by (pick your reasoning) GOD IMHO to be removed from existence or to be once again re-populated, hopefully with a species that cares as much about her and her inhabitants/others as it always seems to care about it self-deluded, aggrandizing, omnipotent and ever-present "my precious."

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to correct you.

Tangey, owner of Alice Springs Film and Television, in an email interview with TheBlaze explained that the first time he was contacted by Gore’s team, they were seeking rights to the footage for five years to be used in PowerPoint presentations. The second time the Climate Reality Project crew reached out, which was last week, it was for a 24-hour webcast taking place this Nov. 14 through 15.

Tangey also stated that:

Like most documentary filmmakers, Tangey said that context of the footage matters. “Ultimately it is all about context. If you are talking generically about snakes, it really doesn’t matter. If you are talking about a particular snake in a particular habitat and you are actually shooting it in a zoo, you are a liar.” When asked if others have tried to draw a climate change conclusion from his fire tornado footage, Tangey said no.

We also asked Tangey if he could point the Climate Reality Project members to nature footage that would better document man-made global climate change, and he said he couldn’t think of anything specifically and noted “which is sort of the whole point.” NT News reported a member of the Climate Reality Project saying their work was “grounded in science” and that Tangey’s footage would be used to ”invite conversation and discussion”.

www.theblaze.com... ed/

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OBone

Meaning no offense to those who blindly follow whatever a greedy, bloated politician tells you to believe in - allow me to remind you that 600 years ago, the VAST All-knowing wise "science" of the day had SETTLED the matter that the world was FLAT - and that the Earth was the center of the solar system with everything else revolving around it.....and anyone who was a "denier" was punished (much the same as the "Gore-ites" believe should happen NOW).
You discount the 30,000+ scientists who signed a petition read into the Congressional record by Ron Paul of Texas stating that AGW is a SCAM.
Again, I suggest that EVERYONE who believes that the sky is falling DO A LITTLE RESEARCH on your own. You will find that there is a VERIFIABLE HISTORICAL RECORD of periods of rapid climate change WELL BEFORE the Industrial age, when human populations were in the hundreds of millions - not billions. Just take 15 minutes and google "The Little Ice Age" - "The Medievel Warm Period" - research Doggerland - research the Viking settlements in GREENLAND (want to know WHY its called "Green-land" when its full of ice and snow?? Its because when the Vikings COLONIZED it 1000 years ago - it wasn't full of ice and snow!)

DENY IGNORANCE

SPOILER ALERT: Carbon legislation and taxes DO NOTHING to prevent ANY changes in the environment ! The legislation does NOTHING to stop Pollution! The ONLY thing it does is create a NEW set of taxes to make greedy, bloated politicians richer !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join