It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to know when the rapture will occur?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

Well, never, knowing that the bible is just a made up story....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
this is how the rapture will start

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
With all due respect, the rapture is a man made creation of the 1800's. It just won't happen but other very major stuff will.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have read many, many interpretations of "the rapture". As a Christian I find this information of extreme interest. And I have found you can make a case both for AND against each interpretation. Pre trib, post trib, midtrib, etc.

Heck, you can make a case against revelations being one big allegoray just as much as you can make a case for it being a description of litteral future events.

I beleive they are literal events. The history of Israel alone give testament to this.

But exacly HOW, and WHN, these events will unfold, and in what order, remains to be seen.

I HOPE for a "Rapture", but I don't count on it, we could just as easily be here for the main event. I also don't think this is a salvation affecting doctrine, although I suppose if there is not a "Pretribulation" rapture alot of people might start questioning their faith, and that could be the "falling away" which I suppose could mean the Rapture theory is the "strong delusion", but even that remains to be seen. Because it's all a mystery as Paul wrote. We will see signs, but no one knows the hour or day these events will start, and that's from Christ Himself.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Actually the bible states that the wicked the tares will be removed first. No rapture just the 2nd coming of Christ.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Flags 0

Seems about right, stop worrying you are trapped in religious culture.

Think about it religion is just luck. Take Christianity for example, if you were not born in the right place with the right people to guide you to the bible you would be going to hell....because you didn't accept Jesus as your savoir.

So if I you were born in Islam you would just be damn unlucky because you are born around people who will guide you to Allah and according to your religion the only true saviour is Jesus, so they are going to hell by bad luck.

Then there are kids ages 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 who die young never hear of religion and ...oop there in hell now. Didn't get their savoir Bad Luck, I don't want to hear oh Jesus protects the innocent and will save them automatically,,,,why! why does Allah or Buddha not get these unwitting souls.

The fact is religion was not meant to go on this long, The internet is here connection information around the world so we can see the bigger picture....yet some people unbelievably cannot see the obvious even all the contradictions.

Oh yeah I am probably just one of the devils demons he's working through me trying to sway you from the lords path...that you are on by luck...witch means you fate was already predetermined before you incarnated so you cant really be being judged as this would make gods job as judge obsolete.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ask Ronald Weinland.... no wait, on second thoughts, he's in prison and hasn't got a single prophesy right yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is my contribution to the Rapture thread.......

I don't believe in the rapture...

Des

I love people like you. First one to post and proclaim "I don't believe in the rapture", but I just felt compelled to post and mock on a thread I don't believe in because?.... exactly. Just couldn't move on to another thread that you might be able to contribute to in a constructive manner , had to troll and be the first post and set the tone for further mockery. Typical.I always seem to expect more from a member who seems to have been here for quite some time and developed quite a following. Yet still it amazes me at the complete immaturity and lack of respect that I still witness daily on this site.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Flags 0

Think about it religion is just luck. Take Christianity for example, if you were not born in the right place with the right people to guide you to the bible you would be going to hell....because you didn't accept Jesus as your savoir.

So if I you were born in Islam you would just be damn unlucky because you are born around people who will guide you to Allah and according to your religion the only true saviour is Jesus, so they are going to hell by bad luck.

Then there are kids ages 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 who die young never hear of religion and ...oop there in hell now. Didn't get their savoir Bad Luck, I don't want to hear oh Jesus protects the innocent and will save them automatically,,,,why! why does Allah or Buddha not get these unwitting souls.

The fact is religion was not meant to go on this long, The internet is here connection information around the world so we can see the bigger picture....yet some people unbelievably cannot see the obvious even all the contradictions.

Oh yeah I am probably just one of the devils demons he's working through me trying to sway you from the lords path...that you are on by luck...witch means you fate was already predetermined before you incarnated so you cant really be being judged as this would make gods job as judge obsolete.

Flags 0?

You think I am here for a popularity contest?

You can keep your stars and flags, I would rather be correct than popular.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

A world without Christians, I suspect, will be all the better for their absence

ahhh.. yes..

give a little time and the true colors will show..

thanks for this !

ETA: so, what you're saying is .. even without the rapture .. you'd agree to slaughter all those that are of the christian religion ? ... is this what you're saying? because it's the message I'm receiving.. and if that's what you're saying then what what about all the other religions of the world .. ?

should just slaughter ALL people of all faiths and then we can go on living your lives in peace ..?
edit on 29-11-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Flags 0

Flags 0?

Flags are meant mainly to bump up the views a thread gets buy keeping it around on the main page so other people can see its worth reading, not just because people like what you say...hence the word flag for attention.

Obviously you are letting your ego get the better of you as I wrote a couple of paragraphs and you only commented on the first two words I wrote. Just saying you are correct doesn't mean anything at least rebuttal on the points made you close minded, arrogant child.

I can prove to you that religion is full of crap just book a LBL session with a therapist and you will see how deluded you are.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Flags 0

Flags 0?

Flags are meant mainly to bump up the views a thread gets buy keeping it around on the main page so other people can see its worth reading, not just because people like what you say...hence the word flag for attention.

Obviously you are letting your ego get the better of you as I wrote a couple of paragraphs and you only commented on the first two words I wrote. Just saying you are correct doesn't mean anything at least rebuttal on the points made you close minded, arrogant child.

I can prove to you that religion is full of crap just book a LBL session with a therapist and you will see how deluded you are.

Labelling me a deluded arrogant child does not help your cause, especially if you are trying to convince me that your opinion is accurate.

2000 years ago a man conceived by the holy spirit came into the world. He drew such a following that ten's of thousands who followed him died for their faith. His influence has been far greater than your influence will ever be, I make no apologies if that is a let down for you. If you can raise yourself from the dead, walk on water, heal the sick and live without sin then give me a call.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

There is lots of people with more influence than me....but I thought you said this was not a popularity contest?(0 flags) so its not something you want but it is something you admire then. I have no need to follow the person everyone else is, like the cool kid in school. I have something far greater individuality.

I do not have a "cause" I am not a religious babbler, trying to recruit for Jesus...a man they are TOLD was great so now they must follow him.

Take this site for ex\ample how many times have we see something amazing for it only to be shot down when a couple of people start digging and revel it as a sham. Now we are connected to the world threw internet, we can pick apart anything when we put are heads together.

If Criss Angel was born 2000 years ago I bet you would be following him right now.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

ahhh.. yes..

thanks for this !

ETA: so, what you're saying is .. even without the rapture .. you'd agree to slaughter all those that are of the christian religion ? ... is this what you're saying? because it's the message I'm receiving.. and if that's what you're saying then what what about all the other religions of the world .. ?

should just slaughter ALL people of all faiths and then we can go on living your lives in peace ..?

Wait. What?
Slaughter who?

I'm sorry, but, it's the big 3 that are fond of getting all stabby, witch burny, crusadey, head choppy, etc.

I'm simply stating that should some Christians get exactly what they're hoping and wanting to get, the world would likely be a much better place.

I'm not condoning violence on anyone from anyone else.

If all Jews, Christians, and Muslims could magically finger snap themselves off to whatever fairy land after life with fat naked babies floating around on wings playing harps, or virgins in abundance to violate, then, I wish them well.
The world will be all the better without their rivalries, hatreds, fanaticisms, violence, intolerance, bigotry, and attitudes of entitlement and exclusivity regarding their own slanted bias about some make believe magical invisible guy in the sky.

Were it possible to build machines that could open portals to whatever eternal reward each faction believes in, I'd be happy to volunteer time, for free, on any assembly line that helps them all get exactly what they want where those desires also result in the liberation of this planet from all their twisted, violent, intolerant, superstition.

If there was a portal to a planet Earth reality/alternate universe devoid of religion beyond a simple superstition, I'm fairly certain such a place would be a Utopia.

Slaughter though?
No.
I'll leave those past times to all the Christians, Muslims, and Jews who've demonstrated over thousands of years their addiction to blood, brutality, fanaticism, and intolerance.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by Komodo

ahhh.. yes..

thanks for this !

Wait. What?
Slaughter who?

I'm sorry, but, it's the big 3 that are fond of getting all stabby, witch burny, crusadey, head choppy, etc.

I'm simply stating that should some Christians get exactly what they're hoping and wanting to get, the world would likely be a much better place.

I'm not condoning violence on anyone from anyone else.

If all Jews, Christians, and Muslims could magically finger snap themselves off to whatever fairy land after life with fat naked babies floating around on wings playing harps, or virgins in abundance to violate, then, I wish them well.
The world will be all the better without their rivalries, hatreds, fanaticisms, violence, intolerance, bigotry, and attitudes of entitlement and exclusivity regarding their own slanted bias about some make believe magical invisible guy in the sky.

Were it possible to build machines that could open portals to whatever eternal reward each faction believes in, I'd be happy to volunteer time, for free, on any assembly line that helps them all get exactly what they want where those desires also result in the liberation of this planet from all their twisted, violent, intolerant, superstition.

If there was a portal to a planet Earth reality/alternate universe devoid of religion beyond a simple superstition, I'm fairly certain such a place would be a Utopia.

Slaughter though?
No.
I'll leave those past times to all the Christians, Muslims, and Jews who've demonstrated over thousands of years their addiction to blood, brutality, fanaticism, and intolerance.

I have a few serious questions for you...

By using taxpayer dollars are the western governments in the modern era responsible for more violence than the aforementioned religions?

Would you agree that propaganda can be used by individuals as well as government institutions? If so, is it possible that some individuals that claim to be from particular religions or sects are actually deluded and simply misleading the public for their own gain or agenda? eg terrorist's, paedophiles, etc...

Do you believe that all christians are bloodthirsty tyrants or do you embellish or exaggerate your observations in order to try and make a point? If so, why would you resort to such tactics? Surely the truth is a more powerful weapon than a lie?

edit on 30-11-2012 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2012 by ConspiracyNutjob because: more info added to reply

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

By using taxpayer dollars are the western governments in the modern era responsible for more violence than the aforementioned religions?

1. Tax dollars + responsibility for more violence than religion?
I doubt it as it applies to modern times.
You may wish to review the statistical data regarding List of Wars and Anthropogenic Disasters by Death toll

Thirty Years' War of the Holy Roman Empire from 1618- 1648 accounts for 3,000,000 - 11,500,000 deaths.
French Wars of Religion from 1562 - 1598 account for 2,000,000 - 4,000,000 deaths.
The Crusades from 1095 - 1291 account for 1,000,000 - 3,000,000 deaths.

These are numbers in the MILLIONS.
Add to that the genocides also detailed in the link where some either targeted or were the result of Religious discrimination.
There's even numbers listed for human sacrifice and mass ritual suicide.

Certainly included in the list are dumbfounding numbers attached to political disputes.
War can and do indeed occur without religion.
In either case, religion, or no, the death of Millions of people is inexcusable.
Religion, of course, has done it's own part and is no less guilty for it.

Would you agree that propaganda can be used by individuals as well as government institutions? If so, is it possible that some individuals that claim to be from particular religions or sects are actually deluded and simply misleading the public for their own gain or agenda? eg terrorist's, paedophiles, etc...

2. Propaganda/Marketing/memes/sound bites/social programming/group mind control/celebrity status and other methodologies can be used by anyone toward any goal. People rather enjoy manipulating others while for the most part other people rather enjoy being manipulated. If people didn't really enjoy being programmed and controlled, it wouldn't be so easy to do it.

Do you have a cell phone? Unless you've taken extreme measures to neuter your cell phone, you've willingly lapped up the fruits of convenient technology that allows anyone with access to the right tools to spy on pretty much everything you do.

Have you tagged friend's faces on Facebook? If so, you've willingly contributed through social programming (mind control) to the development of a facial recognition databaseand system that extends out beyond the standard database that only contains known criminals.

Control, programming, and manipulation is everywhere you look, especially if you know how to look.

Do you believe that all christians are bloodthirsty tyrants or do you embellish or exaggerate your observations in order to try and make a point? If so, why would you resort to such tactics? Surely the truth is a more powerful weapon than a lie?

3. No, not all Christians are blood thirsty rabid animals. Nor are Jews, or Muslims.
The institutions of these faiths, however, breeds, fosters, and even supports fanatics who are.
Besides the numbers of actual recorded deaths resulting from religious conflicts, there the transparent issue of religious catalyst as a social platform where attitudes and trappings associated with faith X simply cause suffering and misery where there needs be none.
Quibbling issues over Gay Rights and Abortion, among others are common trifles that would be a non-issue were it not for primarily Christian busybodies.
To some various degree or another Jews, Christians, and Muslims condone the treatment of women like chattel. this is especially obvious in Muslim culture, but is still extant with Christians and Jews.

Each faith thinks it holds exclusivity over some magical candy land beyond the rainbow, and they can all get quite ugly about it.

As a social and cultural platform, the trappings, teachings, and influences of these mythologies, though having some 'good' philosophies, are essentially rotten to the core and have no place in dictating societal norms for everyone, or anyone when it comes to law and governance. Adherents to such faiths are welcome to pay observation to their own superstitions, but, pushing any of it off on anyone else that wants nothing to do with any of it, and making them accountable to religious laws they don't recognize or believe in is intolerable.

In the end, I'd love to never hear another thing about Christians vs. Muslims vs. Jews vs. whatever ever again.
Thus, if the rapture happens, I'll be happy for all the Christians, as well as happy in seeing them go.
I'm sure the Jews and Muslims will be happy to see the Christians get gone too where then they could get to the business of one-on-one mutually assured destruction.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

1. Tax dollars + responsibility for more violence than religion?
I doubt it as it applies to modern times.
You may wish to review the statistical data regarding List of Wars and Anthropogenic Disasters by Death toll

Thirty Years' War of the Holy Roman Empire from 1618- 1648 accounts for 3,000,000 - 11,500,000 deaths.
French Wars of Religion from 1562 - 1598 account for 2,000,000 - 4,000,000 deaths.
The Crusades from 1095 - 1291 account for 1,000,000 - 3,000,000 deaths.

These are numbers in the MILLIONS.
Add to that the genocides also detailed in the link where some either targeted or were the result of Religious discrimination.
There's even numbers listed for human sacrifice and mass ritual suicide.

Certainly included in the list are dumbfounding numbers attached to political disputes.
War can and do indeed occur without religion.
In either case, religion, or no, the death of Millions of people is inexcusable.
Religion, of course, has done it's own part and is no less guilty for it.

Propaganda/Marketing/memes/sound bites/social programming/group mind control/celebrity status and other methodologies can be used by anyone toward any goal. People rather enjoy manipulating others while for the most part other people rather enjoy being manipulated. If people didn't really enjoy being programmed and controlled, it wouldn't be so easy to do it.
Do you have a cell phone? Unless you've taken extreme measures to neuter your cell phone, you've willingly lapped up the fruits of convenient technology that allows anyone with access to the right tools to spy on pretty much everything you do.
Have you tagged friend's faces on Facebook? If so, you've willingly contributed through social programming (mind control) to the development of a facial recognition databaseand system that extends out beyond the standard database that only contains known criminals.

Control, programming, and manipulation is everywhere you look, especially if you know how to look.

No, not all Christians are blood thirsty rabid animals. Nor are Jews, or Muslims.
The institutions of these faiths, however, breeds, fosters, and even supports fanatics who are.
Besides the numbers of actual recorded deaths resulting from religious conflicts, there the transparent issue of religious catalyst as a social platform where attitudes and trappings associated with faith X simply cause suffering and misery where there needs be none.
Quibbling issues over Gay Rights and Abortion, among others are common trifles that would be a non-issue were it not for primarily Christian busybodies.
To some various degree or another Jews, Christians, and Muslims condone the treatment of women like chattel. this is especially obvious in Muslim culture, but is still extant with Christians and Jews.

Each faith thinks it holds exclusivity over some magical candy land beyond the rainbow, and they can all get quite ugly about it.

The Holy Roman Empire was the combination of state and religion, true christians were martyed while the phonies used religon as a guise for conquest and suppression (using taxpayer money).

You mention the millions killed by the holy roman empire, how many millions died in world war 1 and world war 2? How many Jews were exterminated by Hitler using taxpayer dollars?

Ponder this one for a moment... How many people have been killed by christian organisations that are seperate from the state? I am sure there would be a few that have been led by some nutters but certainly not on the scale of the aforementioned governments.

When Jesus was arrested by the Roman soldiers he had this to say:

"Am I leading a rebellion," said Jesus, "that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me?"

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I take you were skimming whereby you never clicked the link and you missed the part where I said:

Certainly included in the list are dumbfounding numbers attached to political disputes. War can and do(es) indeed occur without religion. In either case, religion, or no, the death of Millions of people is inexcusable. Religion, of course, has done it's own part and is no less guilty for it.

I could care less what Jesus said. You can quote the native American Coyote Spirit, Buddha, Vishnu, Thor, Anubis, Marduk, Zeus, Guan Di, for all it matters.
It's mythology.
In your case; Christian Mythology.

In actuality, there will be no rapture. My posts in this thread are based on speculative humor.
While a world without Christians, in my opinion, would be nice, such thing will sadly not be happening.
Debating about it, from my perspective, is like attaching undue significance to speculation regarding the next Star Wars movie.

People that are adherents to a fan-attachment of the StarWars franchise, however, don't have a history dating back thousands of years stained in blood.

You're welcome to believe what you will. Have at it. If it makes you happy, then by all means, believe in it. My personal opinion regarding religion, however, is that it stinks, no matter it Christian, Muslim, or Jew.
Please don't take any undue offense. I'm not attacking you or anyone. I'm just saying that in my opinion, I think the world would be better off without, at least, the big 3.
I don't mind the Hindus, except for their lousy caste system, but otherwise they seem all right. Buddhists are pretty chill and low key too, so, there's no huge concern over Buddhists strapping bombs to themselves, shooting doctors at abortion clinics, or acting impolite any other means.

It's mainly the big 3 that all sprang from the same filthy desert nomads, that are all essentially interrelated yet fighting with everyone, even people that could care less over who's invisible man in the sky is better, that are problematical.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I take you were skimming whereby you never clicked the link and you missed the part where I said:

Certainly included in the list are dumbfounding numbers attached to political disputes. War can and do(es) indeed occur without religion. In either case, religion, or no, the death of Millions of people is inexcusable. Religion, of course, has done it's own part and is no less guilty for it.

I could care less what Jesus said.

It's mainly the big 3 that all sprang from the same filthy desert nomads, that are all essentially interrelated yet fighting with everyone, even people that could care less over who's invisible man in the sky is better, that are problematical.

Yes, I am guilty of skimming your post. I do apologise.

I take it that you are unfamiliar with Christ's teachings? At a guess you have probably never even skimmed the bible?

I am making some assumptions here so please forgive me if I am wrong.

Filthy desert nomads? Resorting to name calling is the lowest form of wit along with the use of sarcasm. I am going to take a guess that you are trolling by using this type of statement. If you would like to have a more civilised conversation then I am willing to continue.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yes, I am guilty of skimming your post. I do apologise.

I take it that you are unfamiliar with Christ's teachings? At a guess you have probably never even skimmed the bible?

I am making some assumptions here so please forgive me if I am wrong.

Filthy desert nomads? Resorting to name calling is the lowest form of wit along with the use of sarcasm. I am going to take a guess that you are trolling by using this type of statement. If you would like to have a more civilised conversation then I am willing to continue.

You are wrong in such assumptions. I'm fairly familiar with The Bible, the Koran, The Tanakh, the Apocrypha, as well as The Upanishads and Mahaburata of Hinduism, Norse Mythology, Greek/Roman mythology, Egyptian mythology, Buddhism, Native American and other tribal First peoples/Aboriginal cultures and many more mythologies, some dead, some still in practice.
In the case of the bible, I've probably read it cover to cover in different versions at least 4 times. There's no significance to this as I've done the same with a number of cultural literatures describing their mythologies and only so out of abstract interest.

In the Apocrypha, for instance, your Jesus tames dragons. He also had a gang where spitefully killed a kid and then brought him back to life (according the stories).
It's all fun stuff and fascinating, but, no one mythology is more right or true than any other.

Consider the Hundreds of Millions, possibly Billions of people living in civilizations bowing and scraping to any number of fanciful beliefs before Judaism, Christianity, and Islam was ever invented. How many hundreds of millions, and even perhaps into the Billions of people over the course of the entirety of the history of this planet have taken stock in something completely different and unrelated to the big 3? Was their faith any more or less true, relevant, or worthy of their attentions?

Hinduism, for instance, can trace back as anywhere from 6000-8000 years ago with stories depicting events ascribed to occurring 10,000 years ago like the disappearance of the original city of Dwarka beneath the waves.
it's the oldest continually practiced and observed religion on the planet.
As a matter of precedence, since it out-dates/pre-dates all the other major religions, shouldn't it be more true and relevant since it and it's god, avatars, heroes, and characters came first?

What makes Christianity, Judaism, or Islam any more or less relevant, true or important?

My point being, they aren't any more or less true, relevant, or important than any Aztec gods that had hundreds of thousands of blood sacrifices, nor any Sun or Thunder gods, nor any animal spirits, nor any revered ancestors, nor any Pantheonic groupings of families of gods, or any other system of belief or faith.

Billions of people all over the planet over the course of the entire history of humanity have been born, lived, and died with one faith or another, and sometimes many, or even none at all.
Nothing anyone believed was any more or less relevant, true, or important to them than anything else believed by someone else they've never heard of on some other part of the planet at any point in the entire history of mankind.

As far as calling the progenitors of the single god faith that developed into Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, in that order, filthy desert nomads, that's exactly what they were. The Norse were filthy, bloodthirsty, coastal dwelling thugs. A number of Native Americans were filthy mud-wallowing primitives that quite literally smeared their bodies with mud among other things.
Saying so doesn't denote any lack of respect for whatever cultural philosophy they held important. It's a simple matter of perspective, and they were what they were.
As far as the Desert Nomads were concerned, they were also slavers, rapists, polygamists, incest prone genocides.
What city was that the Lord God in the old Testament ordered the Israelites to destroy where no one and nothing was to be left alive; not their donkeys, nor their sheep, babies at the teat, men, women, children, servants, slaves, camels, everything and everyone, even into the total destruction of stores of food, grain, grapes and olives on the vine in orchards was to be slaughtered, killed, trampled, burned and destroyed?
Sounds like genocide to me.

Anyway, good luck with all that.
Happy rapture to you if it ever comes, which from the long historical perspective and pulse of civilizations rising, falling, dying, to be replaced by another that rises, thrives, falls and dies, will be never.
Happy rapture to you none the less. May all your dreams and/or fantasies come true.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join