It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to know when the rapture will occur?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
There are three positions that are held by Christians (pre trib, mid trib/pre-wrath and post trib)

Chris White delves into the scriptures to give an in depth study on when the rapture will occur (with no specific dates) by proving that certain events must take place before Christ returns. Jesus will only return after the antichrist is revealed to the world and he proclaims himself as God. This is the abomination that causes desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

The tribulation according to scripture occurs after we suffer persecution from the antichrist and his followers but before the wrath of God. As Christians we will have to endure a time of persecution that has not been seen since the beginning of creation (this includes the holocaust of the Jews). After we have endured this persecution Jesus will then cut it short by rapturing us away and leaving the wicked to face God's wrath.

Here is the video presentation:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Here is my contribution to the Rapture thread.......

I don't believe in the rapture...

Des

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

Prophecies are only intrepreted clairvoyance.
Clairvoyance is a hallucinatory perception of future possibilities.

No one, but God, knows when the rapture will actually occur.

Eta: Sorry, I see now that you are only reffering to signs and not when. Your title is misleading.

Eta2: Signs are not given so that you can figure out when it will occur - they're given so that you will have hope - not despair.
edit on 11/28/2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
OK, I'll bite.

Jesus will only return after the antichrist is revealed to the world and he proclaims himself as God. This is the abomination that causes desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

The anti-Christ has been revealed, Monsanto comes to mind, the NWO, illuminati, all anti-Christ organizations currently, the time when Jesus is to return. Monsanto says, No food shall be grown that we don't own. Sounds like a proclamation of "God" to me. Never mind how the TV promotes many things to worship and praise.

After we have endured this persecution Jesus will then cut it short by rapturing us away and leaving the wicked to face God's wrath.

Taking his time isn't he? A lot of relatives and friends are sick and have cancer huh?
Could many of your friends and relatives be "the wicked"?

I have long brown hair and a brown beard. I have taught blind men to see.... using Google links. They have learned to "see" the genocidal agendas at hand they were blind to before.

I've "raptured" people away from the toxic areas into places of clean air and harmonious health.

Unless I did things like - walk on water - or - raise the dead - which can be interpreted as metaphors, I could be Jesus incarnated now and none of you would believe it. If I even claimed it, I'd be ridiculed like David Icke was.

HypoChristians, you wouldn't believe your savior has returned even if he jumped up & down and shot lightning out of his hands on Jay Leno to prove it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I, for one, hope The Rapture is real, and it happens soon.

A world without Christians, I suspect, will be all the better for their absence, plus the FFA for all the schwag they live behind will be a bit of fun almost like a Hunger Games scramble for the opening game goodies.

Homelessness will be solved with all the free and open homes left over and available to squat.
Unemployment will be solved with all the abandoned positions now in need of replacements.
Hunger might be solved as well with the sudden disappearance and absence of over domesticated, over fed, over weight American Christians.

Yeah. Let the Rapture happen, soon, pleasethankyoum'kay?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
i like the "ignorance is bliss" option. i just can't see knowing a specific time could be a benefit in any way other than getting the chance to gather your family together so you could go out with those you're closest to.

everyone and their predictions, bible scholars and their infinite wisdom.. they're all nuts. i mean study for yourself, take in any information you can then come up with your own interpretation and understanding because these people are dangerous to the weak-minded and the dependent because they'll believe you blindly. i believe this wholeheartedly "to increase knowledge only increases sorrow". we where given "signs" to follow and it's the best we've got but think about it.. in the weeks and months maybe even days after the Crucifiction of Jesus people where already giving dates on His return, already expecting the Second Coming Of Christ and here we are... anyone who tells you they comprehend the bible is hurting you because you need your own belief not someone else's ideas. try to enjoy life, show your family you love them, be as good a person you can and most importantly.. don't worry be happy. HA i couldn't resist that last part.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I would agree that even if the books your using to justify a belief in this idea
are true, they actually contradict your possibility for anyone even being able
to see signs that this will occur.

In the bible for instance it states that no man
will know the time of the second coming, which means we can not know or
it would not happen, even having signs that it may be true would bring
difficulty into the equation as anyone who suspected a certain date would
then eliminate said date as one human knowing disqualifies a date
automatically.

unless you want to nitpick and say suspecting doesn't count then sure why not.
the rapture will happen when you say it does, do one thing for me tho, drink
a red bull before you go, that way we can say red bull really does give you wings!!
wooo!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It seems as though I have attracted quite a tough crowd. The presentation does take quite some time to watch, so I might wait for some people that have actually taken the time to watch it before replying to individual comments.
edit on 28-11-2012 by ConspiracyNutjob because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The rapture can only happen now.
When you realize that there is only presence you will be swept away. The presence is 'your' absence.
Yet no one wants to die, everyone wants to live forever. The individual that you 'believe' you are is a false identity that makes life unbearable. The 'extra' self is the one that lives in time - the 'true' self is timeless being (presence).

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I like your name

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
I like your name

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

There are three positions that are held by Christians (pre trib, mid trib/pre-wrath and post trib)

Chris White delves into the scriptures to give an in depth study on when the rapture will occur (with no specific dates) by proving that certain events must take place before Christ returns. Jesus will only return after the antichrist is revealed to the world and he proclaims himself as God. This is the abomination that causes desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

The tribulation according to scripture occurs after we suffer persecution from the antichrist and his followers but before the wrath of God. As Christians we will have to endure a time of persecution that has not been seen since the beginning of creation (this includes the holocaust of the Jews). After we have endured this persecution Jesus will then cut it short by rapturing us away and leaving the wicked to face God's wrath.

Wouldn't the anti-christ NOT do all of these things because he/she/it would know that those are the expected things of him/her/it to do, therefore if he/she/it had any chance in even remotely succeeding as a being here on Earth, he/she/it wouldn't do those things...right? Otherwise he/she/it would be stopped/exiled/brought to justice.

The tribe has spoken.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I happen to know exactly when the rapture will happen.

I attained this knowledge during a near death experience when I was 5 years old. I was jumping on my bed, the top bunk. When I fell and landed on my head. I was unconscious for 2 days.

Long story short, the rapture will happen precisely at 3:42pm exactly two days after.....

.....Never.

The end.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Humans believe in time so ask 'when' does the rapture occur. An occurance can only ever happen now. The happening is happening now. But humans are always waiting, anticipating. They are not aware that nothing can happen without (their) presence.
Presence is the happening. Past and future never happen. Past and future are just words that arise presently that make believe their is another time - humans live in this make believe world, they believe they live in time and will die in time.
There really is only presence, there is nothing else but presence.
When you come to this realization the rapture will happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Wouldn't the anti-christ NOT do all of these things because he/she/it would know that those are the expected things of him/her/it to do, therefore if he/she/it had any chance in even remotely succeeding as a being here on Earth, he/she/it wouldn't do those things...right? Otherwise he/she/it would be stopped/exiled/brought to justice.

The tribe has spoken.

Satan has no way out.

God knows the outcome before it takes place, it is written. Much like a script that has already been played (at least in the mind of God).

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I happen to know exactly when the rapture will happen.

I attained this knowledge during a near death experience when I was 5 years old. I was jumping on my bed, the top bunk. When I fell and landed on my head. I was unconscious for 2 days.

Long story short, the rapture will happen precisely at 3:42pm exactly two days after.....

.....Never.

The end.

That's okay.

You will be able to watch it burn after you see the followers of Jesus disappear in the twinkling of an eye.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

The 'followers' of Jesus are 'understanders' of Jesus, they are not just following him blindly, they actually understood what Jesus spoke.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The 'followers' of Jesus are 'understanders' of Jesus, they are not just following him blindly, they actually understood what Jesus spoke.

When did I imply that they follow him blindly?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Do you understand his message?
Do you know what Christ consciousness is?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Do you understand his message?

Yes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join