What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have not seen any 100% conclusive evidence but I'm not saying no as I have not looked into all proposed evidence and if I had to put a stamp on it I would have to say "inconclusive". I don't lean either ways because saying no would be premature as I simply do not know.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Why, OJT of course. How does YOUR company do it? It's not like you can take "propulsion systems integration" at uni, it's a LocMar company training course.

/Ok, class, take out the blue manual with the skunk logo and open to page 1

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

I gotta go with 'yes'. Col. Philip Corso's book 'The Day After Roswell' puts an end to the speculation all by itself, unless you think that people with the ear of the President of the United States and the highest level security clearance possible are delusional and can continue in their jobs for 30+ years that way.

And yet, you've recently seen a book with minor MINOR procedural and tactical secrets in it have every book purchased and destroyed by the DOD. You've seen a SEAL ostracised for the same thing. But you believe Corso can write a big expose of extremely compartmented info and nothing nothing at all happens.

If you were technical, you'd see the Corso book as the piece of garbage it is. Likely Corso wore clown shoes for you as his last service to the country. How better to get you to keep buying the whole "UFOs diddit" thing? Greer and his bunch, same.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Damn, damn, damn,

You know, we all have our sort of 'internal-thought-playsets' (we do, right?).

You know what I mean. stuff we really like to think about, because maybe it stretches our minds to think about it.

If we were to land on an 'answer' and resolve the problem then it wouldn't be as much fun or provide as much entertainment value anymore.

So this OP sort of asks me to do that, and i want to participate, but it is so hard to decide which it is this morning.

So, if I have to decide right now? I am going to say yes, they have something from somewhere else that they are studying and trying to understand and develop.

I say this because I work in the medical field and and I have encountered some 'materials' in the course of my career that have always left me with questions.

For instance, nitinol, known as the 'memory metal', I am sure plenty of you have heard of it. It is commonly tied to the Roswell 'event' because nitinol has 'memory' properties like the 'foils' reported to have been found at Roswell.

I see it all the time in my line of work, but here is the deal. You would think such a wonder material would pop up in everything, wouldn't you? I mean, how useful is it to have a metal that returns to its original shape? A metal, that in fact, can switch from one shape to another, dynamically, with no diminution of structural integrity?

Fact is though, the metal is based on a concept of metallurgy, and titanium and nickel are just the best two that we can find at the moment. And those two, titanium and nickel, are ultimately subject to stress fatigue and cannot be used in critical components.

Are you getting me on this one? We will need a metallurgy pro to fully straighten us out on this, but it seems to me that we have the concept of this metal, not a working existing model of it that we understand. And our best effort to mimic it , to date, uses titanium and nickel. Which ultimately fails for anything we would need to depend on.

And so to this day, nitinol is predominantly found in non-critical components of instrumentation sets. Like guide wires and that sort of thing. Then the manufacturer rep holds it up and says, "Look, it's made of nitinol" and everyone goes, "Oooooo". And then the newbies have fun watching it return to shape after it is autoclaved.

I have smelled a rat on that one for years.

So one yes, although you may have to put me down as a 1/2 yes because I am not sold on it being extra-terrestrial.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Likely Corso wore clown shoes for you as his last service to the country. How better to get you to keep buying the whole "UFOs diddit" thing? Greer and his bunch, same.

Indeed, Bedlam. Most of our modern UFO mythology has come from those in the employ/service of our intelligence apparatus which definitely includes Corso. It's a point to deeply ponder---they've almost single-handedly created the current modern narrative.

Makes one wonder just who, or what, they are fronting for. Certainly not trustworthy sources of information imo.

Great line, let's see it one more time:

Likely Corso wore clown shoes for you as his last service to the country.

Excellent point about that SEAL book, too.

edit on 28-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Based on the information we have now - nope

That's the best answer.. because there may be information 'we do not have' or - ofc there is such, but there may be info that exactly proves their existence and contact with the Earth. That's why it is wrong to be certain they do not exist when one doesn't have all the classified information.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Of course we have. Psssst....you're using it right now.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

This is my position as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The UFO/Alien agnostic in me has no choice but to sit firmly on the fence for now:

50-50

Sorry - I won't help your survey, won't hurt it either...
edit on 11/28/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

nitinol is a good example.
Alon is another good one. AlON = Transparent ceramic
The company is Surmet.
The material has a long formula.
Transparent Ceramic

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

But what exactly do the research history of SMA's (shape memory alloys), Nitinol, and Roswell have to do with each other?

SMA's were first researched in 1932. 15 years before Roswell. While Nitinol wasn't manufactured until the 60's it still falls well within the progression of research in SMA's in general. I don't see any indication of ET tech being responsible for SMA's or Nitinol.

The first recorded observation of the shape memory transformation was by Chang and Read in 1932. They noted the reversibility of the transformation in a gold alloy, AuCd, by metallographic observations and resistivity changes, and in 1951 the shape memory effect (SME) was observed in a bent bar of AuCd. In 1938, the transformation was seen in brass (copper-zinc). However, it was not until 1962, when Buehler and co-workers discovered the effect in equiatomic nickel-titanium (Ni-Ti), that research into both the metallurgy and potential practical uses began in earnest.

Shape Memory Alloys
edit on 28-11-2012 by Slave2Fate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

SMA's were first researched in 1932. 15 years before Roswell. While Nitinol wasn't manufactured until the 60's it still falls well within the progression of research in SMA's in general. I don't see any indication of ET tech being responsible for SMA's or Nitinol.

No doubt, that's the problem with my theory.

What I find odd about it is that it seems to be a metallurgical concept that has never really seen its fruition.

It's like they have the idea but can't achieve its potential with the 'materials at hand', titanium and nickel being our best shot at it.

So that's what throws me, I understand that Arne Olander may have observed this phenomenon in metals and then others set out to fulfill its potential in engineering. But to date it has not been accomplished.

Seems funny to me and sends up a bit of a red flag, in my mind. But I'm kinda superstitious around technology and I don't mind admitting it.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i vote for YES, we have alien tech and have been actively reverse engineering it for decades.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'll throw my hand in and say that I believe the US military has extra-terrestrial craft in their possession.

I'll cite the Roswell Incident and the testimony of Bob Lazar as my rationale for this.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If we did have ET tech in a vault some where all these years i would be salty, because we're still using fossil fuel and crappy ass nuclear power plants.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
No doubt, that's the problem with my theory.

What I find odd about it is that it seems to be a metallurgical concept that has never really seen its fruition.

It's like they have the idea but can't achieve its potential with the 'materials at hand', titanium and nickel being our best shot at it.

So that's what throws me, I understand that Wang and Buehler may have observed this phenomenon in metals and then set out to fulfill its potential in engineering. But to date it has not been accomplished.

Seems funny to me and sends up a bit of a red flag, in my mind. But I'm kinda superstitious around technology and I don't mind admitting it.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

While it may be possible that Nitinol was 'influenced' by material found at Roswell, such a thing can't currently be proven or disproven. Given that it took another 15 years after Roswell to develop Nitinol (30 years after SMA's began being researched) I'd honestly have to say that seems a reasonable amount of time to have come up with the idea ourselves. If Nitinol had been trotted out just shortly after Roswell it might lend more credence to the idea and would be the 'gap' in technology that people keep going on about. You'll have to forgive me if I have my reservations about the Roswell memory metal being an example of introduced alien technology.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I dont believe in E.T's at all, i believe its technology created here on earth.

I dont think aliens exist.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
I dont think aliens exist.

You might want to put on a flak jacket and a kevlar helmet. It could get ugly around here.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Uh, I don't know man, this is looking even fishier with your addition of information.

Turns out that they 'discovered', later, in the 50s, that an alloy of copper and zinc, will display these properties as well..

Listen, I don't claim to understand all of this. The origins of SM alloys may be entirely terrestrial.

But something sure seems funky. have you ever heard of 'piezo-ceramic composites'?

They seem to be the next wave in SMAs. They are trying to create aircraft that can 'morph' dynamically in flight. Amongst other applications.

www.sawe.org...

It just seems strange to me that these folks 'discovered' this phenomenon of metals but they are still trying to figure out what to do with it.

Yeah, I am still down with 'from somewhere else'. But I could be swayed, maybe it's just all 'us', I am sure that we 'discover' technology all the time that we don't know what to do with.

I'm sure it was pure luck that Röntgen was taking photographic x-rays of his wife's hands the same year he discovered x-rays.

P.S. I know, a little snarky, but I am being sincere. For all I know this is truly just us at our best.

I say that because we would have to be. I will try to explain: for us to have made a discovery like that, and then for us to have to go out and actually create the technologies needed to create the materials necessary to fulfill the potential of said discovery? That, IMHO would push us to the edge of our abilities. I hope that's what's happening.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

i think advanced alien technology (here on planet Earth) is a pipe dream....
human beings think the stuff up and create the hardware to do the advanced technology

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join