It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't know, but I am ready to believe. It's things like the Ben Rich quote that gives me pause for thought. I think most things people see are secret military, but others may be from elsewhere, I just don't know.
Until I see something myself, I am on the fence but with one foot in the E.T. yard. That is the more fun universe to live in than the "There is nothing there" camp. They seem so humourless. Sure, this side has all the whackjobs, but whackjobs can be very entertaining!

The Ben Rich quote:-
Ben Rich, former head of the Lockheed Skunkworks. Just prior to his death, he stated to a small group after a lecture: "We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity..." He went on to say, "Anything you can imagine we already know how to do."

edit on 30/11/2012 by Lucas73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/11/2012 by Lucas73 because: added quote

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by framedragged

You only need one more post to u2u

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

The old NASA space shuttles have been moved into museums. I wonder what the next
generation of space shuttles will look like? Maybe they will transport us to the moon.
We already have a cool spaceport in New Mexico.
Spaceport America

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You should have created two extra posts under your main OP, then have people star one post for yes, the other post for No. ATS should really allow polls in posts like alot of other forums allow.

That said, I believe the Government has advanced technology, but I dont believe they are in contact with ET's.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Who knows how many alien races there could be, or how long they've been around, or how close to us they are. We can't determine the odds without that information. If there are many races, who have been around a long time, eventually they would have stumbled upon us.
edit on 30-11-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

You're right, we can't determine the odds without that information. We can, however, determine the odds of how likely that information is to be true. The number density of stars ranges from 1/cubic parsec nearby to ~50,000/cubic parsec in the galactic center. If they have just 'stumbled' upon us randomly then there's at least some number of them incredibly nearby or there's a huge number of them far away who've been around for an astronomically long time. The first assumption seems fairly unlikely based on the numbers given above. The numbers suggest that it is very likely that there are a huge number of them, but only if one goes far beyond the solar neighborhood. The second assumption does not seem at all likely due to the fact that the probability of catastrophic galactic events skyrockets with time.

In other words, they could be here, but only if there were at least some nearby in the first place, or a lot of very old ones far away. But there simply is not much nearby and getting to be that old is a feat in and of itself.

Originally posted by Tajlakz

You only need one more post to u2u

I figured it was 20 or so, didn't want to just make a 20th post just so I could send one. This should work though.

Turns out I have read a fair number of truth1k's posts. I'd more or less glazed over them because it seemed like Bedlam was schooling him on certain things but I've quickly changing my stance. Oddly enough the HED thread has been one of my favorites for a long time. But I'm really glad you pointed me to the Dulce threads

edit on 30-11-2012 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
It would be probably help to tell everyone on this thread who Ben Rich was.
He was the guy at Lockheed who ran Skunkworks. That's the black project division.

That. Sorry, I generally assume everyone's up to snuff on basics. Yes. Ben inherited the Skunkworks from Kelly Johnson. Kelly was the king of the SR-72-like aircraft, Ben ran the development of stealth from inception to somewhere around what you've been told today.

He said that everything you have seen in Star Trek and Star Wars has already been done.
He also said that the U.S. Military is traveling to other stars and that it would take an
act of God for the information to be released.

Did, didn't he. Wow. It's a good thing he didn't have a miraculous recovery, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by Lucas73

The old NASA space shuttles have been moved into museums. I wonder what the next
generation of space shuttles will look like? Maybe they will transport us to the moon.
We already have a cool spaceport in New Mexico.
Spaceport America

The silent anti-gravity electromagnetic warp driven chevron shaped spaceship!!! You only retire your farraries if you have something thats well tried and tested and much better!!!
edit on 30-11-2012 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73

Ben Rich, former head of the Lockheed Skunkworks. Just prior to his death, he stated to a small group after a lecture: "We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity..." He went on to say, "Anything you can imagine we already know how to do."

Somehow I don't think that the reported vhs recording of that speech at UCLA's graduation ceremony is ever going to surface... Be it because he actually gave it or because he didn't. Might be a lot easier to try and track down one of the graduates attending the speech and get their thoughts on the matter.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by framedragged
Turns out I have read a fair number of truth1k's posts. I'd more or less glazed over them because it seemed like Bedlam was schooling him on certain things but I've quickly changing my stance. Oddly enough the HED thread has been one of my favorites for a long time. But I'm really glad you pointed me to the Dulce threads

Truth's strengths lay in other directions, but he knew a lot of people and had a good memory for stories.

There's just so many issues - not sure how you quantify any of it. One, how much older are any of the stars in the local group that can support life? Noting that it'll have to be an Earth-like planet, since the stories rarely seem to involve environmental suits or, oddly, non-anthropomorphic aliens.

As you say, either they have to be really close, or really old. It takes a long time to search every likely star for life. And what's the average lifetime of a race? They'd have to be old enough to develop FTL, but young enough not to be extinct. They'd have to be adventurous, which we are but you couldn't expect every race to be, and curious, same argument, and willing to expend a lot of resources on nothing but exploration. But somehow vulnerable to lightning. (?)

And, on top of which, your technology would have to be understandable to a vacuum tube technology. Seriously, the transistors we use today would not be something you could look at and directly re-engineer to...a point contact transistor.

Now, oddly, a point contact transistor is very VERY close to a point contact diode, with a few changes. And we were using those in radar receivers before Roswell. Heck, there was a big push to develop better silicon for better radar diodes. You can, in fact, turn an old point contact diode into a point contact transistor if you've got the right sort of wire and a steady hand.

Personally, I'd bet if you got out there, you'd find a lot of Mars-y planets with no real atmosphere, or planets something like Earth but with reducing atmospheres where chlorophyll never was evolved, or maybe old oxygen atmo worlds where everyone is...gone. Maybe you'd find nothing but cliff dwellings and adobe huts, and you'd never be sure if it was intelligent life that just liked mud huts or some sort of bower-bird critter that built mud dwellings out of instinct.

What you wouldn't run into would be planets full of humans with head or nose lumps that speak English.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Somehow I don't think that the reported vhs recording of that speech at UCLA's graduation ceremony is ever going to surface... Be it because he actually gave it or because he didn't. Might be a lot easier to try and track down one of the graduates attending the speech and get their thoughts on the matter.

That might work. Unless they're all under NDA now.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
UFO is simply known as Unidentified Flying Object, does not necessarily pertain to aliens in general. However, I do believe that the government has managed to get some kind of craft and study it, then later managed to replicate the technology from it.

reply to post by SplitInfinity

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I believe so too. Its just too convenient to put our faith in the sheer intelligence of mankind alone to have come out with the technologies that we have seen since the 1940's.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I thought it would be interesting to see what percentage of ATS Members believe the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft as well as E.T. Tech? I will use the responses to this Topic to calculate a Percentage. I know this will not give me an accurate Percentage but it is the best I can do.

Split Infinity

The phrase "where there is smoke there is fire" comes to mind and I would put the percentage at 67% ATS'rs believe yes...we do have recovered craft and we do have the technology.

I was going to say 2 out of 3 as well! There was a time when i was'nt so sure whether UFOs were extra dimensional, extra terrestrial or just terrestrial! I was leaning towards terrestrial but as i did more research now i believe that there are aspects of all three especially considering the different types of characteristics and vehicles documented!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The evidence has always been too esoteric *for me* to draw firm conclusions. Wikipedia articles don't even mention the reverse engineered technology as possible prior art for anything. In 1996 someone published a compelling study that among other things claimed the effect Earths gyrofrequency and magnetic field had on the ionosphere made it more likely that ET signals had been used in a secret patent. So I would have to say Yes that I am a believer and that there is a story that still needs to be told. The people that told me stories about this ET stuff back 50 years ago apparently planned on taking their secrets to the grave.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

That might work. Unless they're all under NDA now.

Heh, indeed.

I'd imagine 'they' could convince such a large group to sign such a document with relative ease. I can just imagine someone involved in one of the projects doing a spit take upon hearing the quote lol. "John! Ben Rich spilled the beans! Get the A-team on damage control NOW!"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sigh....

Can't get the video I wanted to post.

edit on 12/1/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73

That VHS tape will probably be the first clip played when the real Disclosure takes place.
Ben Rich was a busy man. I'm glad he gave us a heads up on the truth.
-----
The 2nd tape to be played will probably involve the Roswell crash.
The 3rd tape will be the President Eisenhower 2 Day Air Show at Muroc AFB February 20-21,1954.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i have seen real ufo's and heard that they are reverse engineering craft i think yes.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought it would be interesting to see what percentage of ATS Members believe the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft as well as E.T. Tech?

I don't believe in it. (It'd be nice to talk about the reasons, but that would be a long story. )

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join