It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Errrr, I haven't recently 'seen a book with minor procedural and tactical secrets in it ... destroyed by the DOD'. That's a new one for me, what book exactly? Or is it conveniently MIA and therefore only apocryphal now? I hope for your sake you have the only remaining copy, should be worth a bunch by now.

There were only two copies left extant that I know of. One is in the State Dept library now and the other was for sale by someone who nabbed it from the press, and if rumor serves me, it was also bought by the DOD. Let me go get the details for you - the what and why were flying around about a year and a half ago...

Ok. Your reference is: LTC Anthony Shaffer, "Operation Dark Heart". The first run was "not approved" and was printed, the DOD got word of it, "obtained" one prior to the book leaving the printer, bought the entire printing run and destroyed it. Subsequent copies were redacted by the DOD. You cannot get a first edition.

Corso's book was written when he was nearly on his deathbed (IOW little worried about subsequent damage) and while I'm sure there's a lot he left out, he certainly pointed in a 'UFO's exist' direction. Sure anything the government or individuals in general publish can be as much disinfo as info; you have to take it all in context and sort through it and come to your own conclusions.

Yet, you saw (maybe not unless you were in the community...) a bunch of handwringing and angels dancing upon pins when No Easy Day came out - it wasn't clear at first if we could buy the book and read it without violating a number of security directives. It was made clear initially that it would be better to not, and that if we did, discussing it WAS a violation. I think they finally decided that it would be ok. Not that I'd buy books on sea mammals anyway. And the same when wikileaks started dumping documents - you will NOT go there, you will NOT read that, you will NOT discuss it. I wouldn't go to the wikileaks site from one of my computers if you paid me, because I'm morally sure they're tracking IPs to see who goes there, and one of them is not going to be mine.

However, when Corso's book came out, not a peep. No one cared.

What part of Corso's book was technologically garbage? I read it years ago but don't remember much in the way of technology at all, more so it was a memoir written by someone who was technologically not savvy at all.

Please enlighten us, and with something more useful than 'clown shoe' comments. And I never mentioned Greer, so don't go there.

I'm not at home. My copy's 1800 miles away, more or less. There weren't many statements that were accurate, or that fit reality - it's more like 'what part WASN'T technologically garbage'. You could tell that neither Corso nor Birnes were technically competent, reading it from an engineer's point of view.

Oh, and Greer and the so-called Disclosure Project are relevant - the same things apply to them. No one cares what they say. That's a bad indication for their truthiness.

edit to add: Shaffer is a farm graduate, and you used to see him out in Tampa. Some of the stuff he tried to blow in his book was old Able Danger info, I could outdo him here but the three amigos would get a call. I wonder how they redact a run of ATS? Do they burn your backups?

edit on 29-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry man, I'll give ya some breathing room
Hell, when half of what you think you know about the subject has come from trawling the posts of a couple well informed ATS members you've got every incentive to keep at it. I just wish I had been a member back when truth1000 was still posting, the guy seemed to have some interesting things to say...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm a yes to all!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hand on heart, I don't think so. I can't bring myself to believe that an alien race so advanced would allow it. Put it this way, if my phone gets stolen, I can track it through the internet, I can choose to find out its whereabouts, switch it off, turn its camera on, even delete the contents completely at the touch of a button.

And yet aliens can't do the same thing?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

To expand a bit more -

consider. You've got the Shaffer thing, you got the recent movie Act of Valor (ugh) that got a lot of flack from the DOD because they didn't know the guys were doing that. You got all the strife over wikileaks. You got Matt Bissonette being threatened with prison time and confiscation of all his profits.

These things - most of them were just crap. Some of the wiki info was bad because it named people, which is a no-no. I've seen congresscritters get burned off their prestigious committees for blowing projects when they were campaigning, and no, I can't tell you what because there's at least one cite still extant of exactly what the guy said, and that project's still running.

Back in 2004 (if you want REAL apocrypha) I had a dozen threads get burned off another forum and some Sandia press releases removed when I "expanded" on what the releases really meant. And there were some other things too, I got my leash yanked and now I don't tell things outright like I used to. But some of these things you see happening around you. And it's usually for crap stuff, like foxtrot tactics and training or Able Danger info, like Shaffer.

These things really yank DOD's chain. And they're Secret level. Not even TS, except for some of the wikileaks stuff, certainly none of it's SAP/SCI level. But for some current S level stuff, these guys are burning book runs.

Contrast that to Corso. If what he was saying was a "true expose", it would be material from the biggest, tightest, most compartmentalized project EVER. That sort of thing is covered by 18 USC 794, which is read to you word for word when you are read onto an SCI project. It provides for executing your nappy ass without a jury trial for disclosing that sort of thing. They get real aggressive about that sort of issue.

So you have to ask yourself - they're all angsty about small S level stuff, but if Corso, Greer and his "real live military guys who are one day going to disclose all this stuff they know" doesn't provoke at least a warning shot across their bows, when they've got the friggin' death penalty in their playbook for this sort of thing, what does that tell you about the data?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Aliens came here using extra dimensional technology which helps them travel the great distances necessary. Meanwhile the UFO's everyone sees and claims to be the US government are actually government sponsored projects but that's only because the extra dimensional beings are actually part of the government.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I had forgotten about Truth1000! He would have been interesting to have for the Apollo Hoax threads.

Did he ever generally disclose who he was? I knew but I don't know if he dropped the shoe on the forum.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think that they have recovered craft and I think that they have alien technology. It is my feeling that they have been given technology from some aliens and reverse engineer technology from others.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Haha, I'll second all of Tajlakz' post and

Originally posted by Tajlakz

I'll give ya some breathing room

Just haven't been this interested in anything online in a long time.

I haven't gone through any of truth1000's posts yet, now I'm intrigued. Bet that can satiate me for a bit...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by framedragged

Truth1000 and I had some fun discussions about nuclear weapon technology and radar designs.

I'm more transparent some ways than just using "shiny" a lot, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Believe it or not, he actually had a facebook page for awhile. I don't think he ever disclosed his name on ATS, but he did upload a bunch of photos. It's a damn shame that the majority of replies he got here were so unnecessarily aggressive; I feel like he had a lot more beans to spill

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by framedragged

His threads "Hello, I am back to explain a bit more about the Dulce Canyon facilities" and "HED physics" are particularly interesting...

Topic question: I'm still on the fence
edit on 30-11-2012 by Tajlakz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Having browsed some of truth's posts he seems like someone you could talk to about a whole lot of very interesting things.

Uh, as to the thread topic: no, no I don't. People always cite the distances between stars as the main reason aliens wouldn't be here, but given the assumption that they can travel among the stars on 'short' timescales that reasoning breaks down a little. I prefer to think of it as a volume/density game. Assuming the aliens can travel quickly, why would they travel here? There are so many star systems, the odds of them choosing this one is, well, astronomically small. This reasoning applies before and after I had been exposed to some other fairly believable reasons to think that anything exotic is 'us'.

So no, I don't think we have any captured alien tech.

edit: I'll be sure to check those out

edit: aww, I can't send u2u's

edit on 30-11-2012 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Weather tracked by satellites and Doppler Radar.
Nuclear tests tracked by satellites and seismographs.
I can walk up to a F-117 at an airshow and all but touch it.

But, I'm to believe that outside of Roswell, in 1947, a "weather balloon" crashed, and much of it is still classified in 2012. Okay.

That is a awesome point which points out how stupid it is and why it is so easy to tell it was a lie about the balloon.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I believe multiple countries, including the U.S., have recovered craft that was developed to appear to be "alien". It was a deception.

My answer is NO

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I know its highly possible they recovered a craft and greys and use their technology it would explain our sudden jump in Science and Electronics .

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by framedragged
Assuming the aliens can travel quickly, why would they travel here? There are so many star systems, the odds of them choosing this one is, well, astronomically small.

Who knows how many alien races there could be, or how long they've been around, or how close to us they are. We can't determine the odds without that information. If there are many races, who have been around a long time, eventually they would have stumbled upon us (and that's assuming they don't have ways of detecting which star systems have life). Or, if they came to Earth before we were here, then the need for them to have "found" us is eliminated, and so is the idea that they wouldn't travel here just to see us puny humans. People make far too many assumptions about ET, when really we have no clue. That being said, no I don't believe we have recovered an alien craft, as I believe the phenomena is probably non-corporeal/inter-dimensional, "angels" and "demons".
edit on 30-11-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

Where is that?
I watched some weird videos on the net about night vision UFOS etc I found it intriguing.
Limbo

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I say no. There really isn't any hard evidence for it at all. It seems a lot of people just believe it just cause it's something cool, or something they saw that they couldn't explain. Seeing something you can't explain and making it equate to aliens isn't very good reasoning, IMO. I think it could be possible, but haven't been provided with any truly convincing evidence.

Side note: If they did find UFOs with sweet floating and flying capabilities, where the heck are the flying cars they got our hopes up for??

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by framedragged
...you were offered a more hands on role in the project, at which point you were told the awesome story you enjoy hinting at?

I was actually told the story several times in bits and pieces before I got the whole read. A chunk here, a chunk there, then all at once. You always hear Army stories (this ain't no s...t...), though. Most are obvious bs, some are interestingly spooky.

The first time was in the Army when I called an AF colonel a liar (more or less) and he got pretty po'd, then later pulled me aside and gave me a demo of something minor, but it was...unexpected and didn't fit into my worldview.

The next was after the Army when I was about to graduate, I'd done some contract work for the government during school instead of being a lab instructor (heh). They must have liked me because I got hit up by a technical TLA for a job as a field agent back in Europe on graduation, and was told (likely the reference someone posted earlier) that "we're going to fill you in on the entire REAL story when you join us - but here's a few highlights".

Got another chunk at LANL while I worked there, which more or less agreed with the TLA guy's come-on.

Then we did a job with an aerospace company during which there was a "screw with the contractors" episode, and we got an awesome, inspiring, full-on throw-a-rock-and-hit-one jaw dropping holy crap demo. Not to be forgotten.

Then other stuff sort of happened, further deponent sayeth not. Except Ben Rich was right. I can't believe he said that.

It would be probably help to tell everyone on this thread who Ben Rich was.
He was the guy at Lockheed who ran Skunkworks. That's the black project division.
He said that everything you have seen in Star Trek and Star Wars has already been done.
He also said that the U.S. Military is traveling to other stars and that it would take an
act of God for the information to be released.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join