It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I would have to say look at the advances in circuit chips, fiber optics, lasers, night-vision equipment, super-tenacity fibers (such as Kevlar plastic armor), stealth aircraft technology, in a relatively short period of time......

Answer being - Absolutely 100% convinced

tom

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I believe it is possible. so yes.

Like others have said there has been a technology explosion in the blink of an eye after many thousands of years of small steps. lets not discount the possibility they got it through ancient knowledge or found something that was already here, it doesn't have to mean shooting something down that has been visiting recently.

but i believe they found something that could be alien in origin that gave them knowledge and tech previously unthought off. but i don't discount the other possibilities maybe it was knowledge once held by a previous civilization. maybe most advancements has naturally suddenly been discovered mainly in the last 150 years. but maybe they did find something that aided it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Don't see why not. It's not even a matter of proof, but of logic.

We are sending probes into deep space. We are exploring Mars. Since the end of WWII, technology has taken a giant leap. Unmanned aircraft, space stations, stealth, etc.

If we are able to advance technologically as humans and explore space, it would be arrogant to think that we are alone in this endeavor. There could as well be another civilization somewhere, which is far more advanced than we are. Maybe they are sending probes as well. It's likely that their probes are more intelligent than ours.

Famous astronauts claim the same things. Just Google it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
LETS SEE ....

FIBER OPTICS

LASER

INTEGRATED CIRCUIT

NIGHT VISION GOGGLES

Yup! It must be aliens ....

Originally posted by wutz4tom

I would have to say look at the advances in circuit chips, fiber optics, lasers, night-vision equipment, super-tenacity fibers (such as Kevlar plastic armor), stealth aircraft technology, in a relatively short period of time......

Answer being - Absolutely 100% convinced

tom

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
yes I do

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

if you said those things to anyone in history past 100 years ago they would all have no idea what your talking about.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why is it supposed to be arrogant to think that we are alone. I think you are trying to shame other people simply because you don't want others to say anything that goes against your personal belief. Shame on you for not believing in God, shame on you for not listening to you mother etc ... Basically you are using shame to support your argument for your belief. Every person who claims that it is arrogant to NOT believe in spite of lack of any evidence is in my opinion a cultist, an extremist. I shouldn't be surprised though since it is a conspiracy message board. Conspiracy message boards compromised of many such individuals.

If we are able to advance technologically as humans and explore space, it would be arrogant to think that we are alone in this endeavor.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What is the point you are trying to make ? Have you seen how computer power has exponentially exploded and then all of the sudden came to almost a halt. Are you going to claim now that it was the aliens again who invented microchip technology?

Originally posted by lifeform11

if you said those things to anyone in history past 100 years ago they would all have no idea what your talking about.

edit on 29-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yes I believe The US has recovered ET craft and technology.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

yes and proudly, because you seem to think that it is wrong for others to have an opinion you don't agree with.
if you think we can do it and they can't or that we are the only thing in this universe i respect your opinion, i am not going to try and imply your silly with my comments.

edit on 29-11-2012 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
I think you are trying to shame other people simply because you don't want others to say anything that goes against your personal belief.

If we are able to advance technologically as humans and explore space, it would be arrogant to think that we are alone in this endeavor.

I frankly don't care about other people's beliefs and religions. People can say and think whatever they want. It does not change logic or reality.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yes I believe they definately do.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The difference between your argument and mine is logic vs faith. You can't "make fun of me" because your conclusions to witch you came about are based on flawed logic.

yes and proudly, because you seem to think that it is wrong for others to have an opinion you don't agree with.
if you think we can do it and they can't or that we are the only thing in this universe i respect your opinion, i am not going to try and imply your silly with my comments.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Kind of strange that we have went from horse and buggy to wandering who created microchip technology in such a short period of time. What kept us from being this advanced 1000 years ago? something had to set it off.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You making it sound like what I told you is just a belief of mine while yours is based on logic. It's quite the opposite really. Your is based of belief mine is based on lack of evidence. So yes people can have their opinion but don't expect me to sit here and listen to opinion I don't agree with and just pretend everything is just fine and dandy. As far as I know most people don't tolerate stupidity too well. I feel offended to know that many of my fellow ATS members are gullible and plain stupid. This is the conclusion I came to within 2 days of my interaction on ATS. I have been lurking ATS for probably at least 10 years now but never posted. However never have I imagined what I will discover by interacting with some of you. I am sad for you and I am sad for myself because I wasted 10 years of my lifetime dedicated to discovering the truth as I imagined it to be, only to find out later that I was completely wrong but most importantly delusional.

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman

Originally posted by stanislav
I think you are trying to shame other people simply because you don't want others to say anything that goes against your personal belief.

I frankly don't care about other people's beliefs and religions. People can say and think whatever they want. It does not change logic or reality.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I have a hard time believing that Aliens or interdimensional beings would allow humans to get their hands on their technology......unless they wanted us to.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
LOL! Really? You are asking HOW? It's called E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C-I-T-Y! Without the inventions of electricity we would have been still in the dark ages (pun intended).

Originally posted by yeti72
Kind of strange that we have went from horse and buggy to wandering who created microchip technology in such a short period of time. What kept us from being this advanced 1000 years ago? something had to set it off.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

here is a scenario for you that occurs all the time on our own planet. America has some great tech which they use in surveillance of other countries and war, i am pretty certain i read not long ago that they were trying to create a self destruct on the tech if it went down in enemy Territory.

Maybe i misread the article but nether the less, technology falling into other peoples hands can be replicated, copied, or even if you are unable to do those things you can still gain a greater understanding and knowledge from it. secrets get revealed.

so doing this with alien tech shouldn't be hard to believe.

we have advanced a lot more than any other time in history in a very short space of time, in fact if i just think back to when i was a kid compared to now the advancement is great. this is evidence of a explosion in knowledge and understanding.

so the only question is, where did this sudden explosion in knowledge and understanding come from. this is where people are going to differ. and a part of that is affected by whether you believe we are alone in the universe and that this planet has never been visited in its entire history, even before man was around.

if it were visited before man was around how would we know unless we stumbled across something.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't.

We haven't made any huge leaps in technology that were NOT based on other known technology.

...like going from stone knives to guns in a matter of 20 years. In that case, I'd suspect an intervention. But that kind of leap hasn't happened.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Okay let me put it this way to you so maybe it will be easier for you to understand. Seriously I feel like I am talking to children here. Maybe you are maybe not but anyways ....

Suppose we did find advanced alien technology, there is no possible way in the world that we could ever back engineer something that is millions of years ahead of us. Not even for another 1000 years. Can you only imagine what kind of technology we could invent in a million 1,000,000 years from now considering you said we advanced so much in just 100 years?

Here is another scenario so that you could understand better the picture I am trying to depict here. If you were to give the early Egyptians an iPhone, do you think they would understand what it does or what to do with it? Once the battery died? And that is just ~5000 years of evolution in which only in the last 200 years we begun to advance exponentially.

here is a scenario for you that occurs all the time on our own planet. America has some great tech which they use in surveillance of other countries and war, i am pretty certain i read not long ago that they were trying to create a self destruct on the tech if it went down in enemy Territory.

Maybe i misread the article but nether the less, technology falling into other peoples hands can be replicated, copied, or even if you are unable to do those things you can still gain a greater understanding and knowledge from it. secrets get revealed.

so doing this with alien tech shouldn't be hard to believe.

we have advanced a lot more than any other time in history in a very short space of time, in fact if i just think back to when i was a kid compared to now the advancement is great. this is evidence of a explosion in knowledge and understanding.

so the only question is, where did this sudden explosion in knowledge and understanding come from. this is where people are going to differ. and a part of that is affected by whether you believe we are alone in the universe and that this planet has never been visited in its entire history, even before man was around.

if it were visited before man was around how would we know unless we stumbled across something.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join