It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I would say no. If other worlds didn't exist how did we come to be.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I want my vote in....

My vote is YES..... We have recovered alien tech and craft.... the story is..... we recovered "beings" not of this Earth as well.

The world is filled with mysteries and I love it that a way.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes I believe they have recovered at least one craft. But as far as how much tech they have back engineered from it probably not much if any at all. It is likely that the technology is so far advanced we just have no clue how to even go about even trying to comprehend what we are looking at.

Picture a class 5 nuclear powered submarine falling into the lap of say the ancient Egyptians. Their most advanced tool was the copper chisel. Do you think they could build another one even with one sitting right there? Not an ice cube chance in hell. Good luck even getting into the sub with a copper chisel and a hammer!! hahahahaha!!

So, although we might have gotten a few basic ideas from the craft(s) I don't believe we have made any significant advancements (if any) in the back engineering of the craft.

I mean hell the above analogy might be very off. The craft we recovered might be more like this analogy......

Say I dropped my cell phone in an ant pile.....

-Alien

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'd like it to be the case.

After seriously studying the creation of technologies that were supposedly "back-engineered", in every case, I have seen technological growth through progressive understandings, many being formed up to a hundred years prior to the technology.

So, from me, a no.

edit on 28/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You have garnered many responses, OP. From what I have noticed, about 85% (roughly) believe in the the possibility/or alien life in general; and a lot believe that we have alien technology. It will be interesting to see at threads end, what the total percentages are by the number of responses.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I doubt that a being capable of faster than light travel (If we have been visited for arguments sake) would have traveled galaxies just to crash into a planet because of a little gravity. But lets say they did. Maybe they were shot down (chortle). We have no sign of sudden technological advancement. And we all know how much power comes with money. No one and nothing could stop someone from using advanced technology for financial gain.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
100%, the evidence from witness testimony and my own life experiences make it clear to me

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Absolutely. We have advanced super-fast, even the civilian tech.

Yes everything exploded technologically from 1950 up to now....always wondered about computers...I know, I know.... there is actually a timeline that dates back to 1936 for the first computer, however the first commercial computer was in 1951 and able to "pick presidential winners." (The History of Computers About.com) I always had a feeling that we were able to progress in this area so much quicker with a jolt from "alien" technology!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit on 28-11-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

A planet with newly acquired ready for war radar that wouldn't care about directing powerful waves at anybody in sky, wouldn't catch an advanced civilization off guard??? The galaxy is huge my friend! Religion is a brain wash into thinking that some one mighty being that we imagined in caves cares about little O us or that we are so advanced we reign over the whole galaxy. Ants we don't care about, why would somebody far more advanced care about us, until we evolve??
edit on 28-11-2012 by furono because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Government knows about ET .... However I don't believe they communicated ... Or extracted any alien artifacts, bodies etc.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, you got those polls that show 44% say this, 46% say that, and 10% are undecided.

I am undecided..not through ignorance of the subject, but perhaps information overload from both side that truely brings up questions without satisfactory answers from either side.

Although, if I would have to weigh in...sort of a gun to the head scenario, I would say yes, but not the USA..rather, the Sumerians

But ya, undecided would be the most accurate catagory for me...actually its why I came here..and after many years, still undecided (but I want to believe..if that counts)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think they have aliens and craft.
second line

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
No I don't believe it for a second... as a matter of fact I think a case can be made for someone or something or a group of someones or somethings has actively done everything they can to hold us back in certain areas for the last 80 years or so!

Some of this can be written off to inventors without the good sense god gave a mule failing to bring their superior technologies to fruition but not all of it by any means!

Maybe all of you that believe in this alien technology moving us ahead faster myth should:

1: Give more credit to humanity. We are pretty damn smart and capable
2. Ask yourself who would benefit from convincing people that not only is technology not being suppressed but
but that there is instead an outside source responsible for much of our technological progress.
3. Question why you are being conditioned to believe that humanity isn't capable of making said advances
without outside help.
4. And finally you should ask yourself who benefits from all of this? And how do they benefit from all of this?
And is this just a continuation of a multi generational campaign to keep the common man from seeing that
not only is there plenty to go around for everyone, but that even with our current technology there is no excuse
for the squalor and starvation that runs rampant on this planet!

Once you have done all of these things you should dust yourself off and look around and try to do your part to not just push the cutting edge even further even faster but also ruthlessly deal with anyone who attempts to keep humanity from reaching it's full potential for their selfish gain in power or prosperity!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have really tried to keep a balanced perspective on this issue and over the years I have had the opportunity within the engineering and science fields to ask others about this enigma. ( hmmm, haven't used that word in awhile ! ) I've also had the chance during a flight ferrying an aircraft to Texas to meet someone who was assigned some pretty cool jobs in the service. Piloting tankers for inflight refueling for the SR-71 and working with Chuck Yeager and some of the astronauts during their training and test flights of some real old metal.

He wasn't really interested in the latest UFO stuff as he had already seen and heard much of the engineers and scientists from Lockheed, Hughes, Northrup, Grumman and others describe the materials from WrightPat and the Big Brass that he hauled between many of the bases discussing 'our visitors' and their technology.

It's not just his descriptions but others I've spoken with from LLL, Sandia and another one which will not mention because he still works there.

I don't need convincing and I can put up with those who say they don't exist because it doesn't matter....We have lived this long with 'them', whatever their agenda is and we can probably keep on being human (and stupid) just fine thank you. Ignorance is more comfortable for some though, thats for sure...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm in the no camp , not to say governments worldwide haven't bust a gut trying to "capture" whatever the phenomenon is however these days, I am of a mind they know as little and often a lot less, than many of us the great unwashed. I strongly suspect they deliberately put out false information to make out they have such evidence for a number of reasons.

1, Control freaks run governments and the military, it's a prerequisite of being in those positions, ergo their very psyche is built on the foundation of "If I don't know you don't know however, I am never going to admit that we don't know,, so the subject is ridiculed, ignored and probably both at the same time".

2. Certain arms of government, in an effort to ascertain whether some of us, the great unwashed, have access to information they don;t put out false rumours in order to curry favour and attempt to tease out what an individual might know that they don't. That is, "If we say that these documents exist then someone else who has actually made their own studies might float to the surface publicly and have information we want we don't already have"

3. There are undoubtedly a few cases where they can write off secret new craft as UFOs, so that has its' uses

4 Propaganda. The USA used both Atom Bombs they had in 1945 and not for wholly strategic reasons. They used their whole arsenal, in part, to convince the Russians they had loads and could afford to drop them any time. Likewise, by planting false rumours such as the, totally mythical TR3-B. the USA has constantly played on idea that they might have something no-one else does, in terms of technology and therefore are not to be messed with.

There's one cheap, made for TV, alien film which has a fascinating passage in it. Sorry can;t remember the name of the film , the one part did stand out for me though. Some high ranking secret military bod is explaining about the alien threat to the film's hero and the hero asks about the "Roswell incident"

The military bod replies something like.

"Oh damn ,don't talk about Roswell, the damned ship responded, in part to thought processes and some darned fool was viewing it thought, "Methane Gas" and the damned ship evaporated in front of our eyes and was flushed our of the A/C system.".

That did make me chortle and sometimes I suspect, something similar might well have happened in reality, at some point in the past.
edit on 28-11-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
We have went from horse and buggy to stealth aircraft in just my grandmothers lifetime. Have there been any influences, hell yes! We have no idea, the next 20 or so years are going to be quite something to see. (if we do not terminate ourselvs first..)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti72

I agree. I mean we did advance quickly within the last one hundred years.

I think we got something and possibly reversed enginered it or it was given to them over time.

But we will really never know.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
as a long time follower of UFO phenomena , personally i am inclined toward the non EBE explanation. After following the UFO cases from FSR magazine (Flying Saucer Magazine) and reading some books , i gravitated toward Vallee's hypothesis (non EBE).

the nuts and bolts UFO and the Roswell / crashed disk story is a new phenomenon (relatively) and it is tied so close with conspiracy/anti-goverment that it become muddled and put in limelight as the "current" popular view of UFO-logy.

If one follow historical UFO phenomenon from the ancient times (not from 1947 Ken Arnold's sighting), then one can gather that this phenomenon exist in old times , in different form, always changing depending on which cultural level of that era. It seems this phenomenon moulded their appearance with the people's BELIEF and the conclusion is they are hiding something, they never want people to know who they really are, they keep pretending to be another type of being (Aliens, Fairies, gods).

so in short,

- i do not believe any GOVERMENT had crashed saucer or EBE or artifacts..
- i believe GOVERMENT operatives is just as clueless as ordinary people regarding these phenomenon
- i believe in the old saying "never contribute to malice that can be attributed to stupidity" applied to goverment regarding their UFO knowledge.
- i believe there will come a time , that these beings will show themselves in FORCE to humanity and pretend they will bring peace to earth while in reality they are doing their own agenda.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes, Definitely.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join