It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I say no.

I don't think TPTB have gotten their hands on anything yet, but I think they want to. I think they wants us to think they have, and that they actively promote this idea in the popular culture.

My general impression has been that our governments are impotent, and know little more than we (as a collective of researchers and amateur theorists) ourselves know about the visitors. I think the rulers of this world are scared, and that this collective sense of overshadowing threat perpetuates the unsustainable, short-sighted behavior that we see in the ruling classes.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe an ET race could travel here, and then somehow have one of their ships crash (in the U.S. luckily enough), seems like their tech should be better than that. There is the idea that we used scalar weapons or whatever to shoot them down, which I guess could be possible, but again you would think they would be advanced enough to evade any kind of human weapon system. So to me, if we have recovered an ET craft, it's one that they "donated" to us in order to increase or knowledge, and based on ancient texts and beliefs of how we acquired knowledge and civilization, this is a plausible scenario I think. And if it was crashed on purpose for us, it likely wasn't one their advanced ships, and so reverse engineering it may not be as impossible as some think, and they wouldn't have to worry about protecting their real technology either.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It's a no from me......loads of anecdotal evidence, but nothing definitive.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Aliens don't travel in a straight line. They hop from point A to point B like a bunny. So when US tried to use plasma weapons against them, it was like trying to shoot down a squirrel from 2 miles away. Never once have United States of America shot down a UFO.
edit on 28-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

What a funny thread Split. I'll bet you were expecting to mostly get people against the idea. You allready know my vote.

If you needed points of interest, or if there is anyone else that has any doubts, you might want to think about some points of interest.

The great pryamids, have UFO written all over the walls, no to mention that its hypothesized that alien technology helped build them.
There are sightings everyday over various parts of the earth, and I live in a state that holds the most seen. I'm a few hours from Yakima WA.
There are UFO's in the bible, big shocker there huh?
UFO's in the bible

Not to be confused with an erra we had, I believe back in the 60's where germany was actually manufacturing various UFO's that were later confirmed to be human driven, we actually recovered some of the plans for them.

And I almost forgot to mention that Lloyd Pye's video on human genetics basically proves that aliens altered our DNA, we can't come up with any other way this could have happened.

An excellent movie that will give you more about this, is Charriots of the Gods, by Erich Von Daniken. Just tons of historical sightings listed in that movie.
edit on 28-11-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

You should watch this, in fact everyone should. It demystifies a lot of the ancient alien claptrap that is out there. It's about 3 hours long but well worth watching for anyone interested.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Slave2Fate

reply to post by Slave2Fate

Of course mate but Roswell probably wasn't or isn't the only UFO crash, it has to have happened in other places. Germany in the 30's springs to mind, Aurora in the 1880s also.

I'll have to look into these other incidents as I haven't ever put much stock in them to begin with. However it always pays to be better informed on the topic(s) at hand.

Do you have any links handy or should I just google them?

Google them and see what you get, here's the front page of the Dallas Morning news printed in 1897, every story in it mentions the UFO.

www.exohuman.com...

And here's a random story from it:

otherworldmystery.com...

Tons of witnesses seen this thing, some were even reported to have interacted with the occupants.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Indeed, the occupants gave their name to the crowd as S. E. Tilman and A. E. Dolbear. Quoth the Dallas Morning News, "They report that they have been making an experimental trip to comply with a contract with certain capitalists of New York, who are backing them."

I'm sure that New York yankees sure seem like aliens to the good people of Dallas Texas in 1897, but they aren't the outer space kind of aliens.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I thought it would be interesting to see what percentage of ATS Members believe the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft as well as E.T. Tech? I will use the responses to this Topic to calculate a Percentage. I know this will not give me an accurate Percentage but it is the best I can do.

Split Infinity

100% yes, without a doubt.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Slave2Fate

reply to post by Slave2Fate

Of course mate but Roswell probably wasn't or isn't the only UFO crash, it has to have happened in other places. Germany in the 30's springs to mind, Aurora in the 1880s also.

I'll have to look into these other incidents as I haven't ever put much stock in them to begin with. However it always pays to be better informed on the topic(s) at hand.

Do you have any links handy or should I just google them?

Google them and see what you get, here's the front page of the Dallas Morning news printed in 1897, every story in it mentions the UFO.

www.exohuman.com...

And here's a random story from it:

otherworldmystery.com...

Tons of witnesses seen this thing, some were even reported to have interacted with the occupants.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Indeed, the occupants gave their name to the crowd as S. E. Tilman and A. E. Dolbear. Quoth the Dallas Morning News, "They report that they have been making an experimental trip to comply with a contract with certain capitalists of New York, who are backing them."

I'm sure that New York yankees sure seem like aliens to the good people of Dallas Texas in 1897, but they aren't the outer space kind of aliens.

suite101.com...

On May 24th, the United Press International, UPI, published news about the incident. According to the article, there was a grave that contained the remains of an 1897 space traveler who was “not an inhabitant of this world,” according to the International UFO Bureau. This group investigates UFOs and had initiated legal proceedings to exhume the body and will go to court, if necessary, to open the grave, director Hayden Hewes said.

The UPI found a living witness to the crash. She was a ninety-one-year-old woman, who was a fifteen-year-old teenager when the incident occurred. Her parents had been to the crash site, but didn’t allow her to accompany them for fear of what could be in the debris. She remembered that the remains of the pilot that she called "a small man" were buried in an Aurora cemetery.

A know some New Yorkers are strange but that strange?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If someone shows me some decent evidence then I will believe!
Limbo

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Come by my place and I will show you plenty of evidence!

Originally posted by Limbo
If someone shows me some decent evidence then I will believe!
Limbo

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have said this before on ATS. I have a good friend who works for LM as a project manager. All he will tell me is this..."We have hardware...its broken; we are trying to make it work on our stuff. No bodies..." In my opinion, I think we probably been probed; just like we have sent out probes. I think this makes the most sense. It makes sense to me that we have probably recovered a probe-like technology that we have no idea how it works but it has inspired us. The majority of all R&D never makes into production but we always learn something from it, and that we do put into practice.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Of course we have been probed. One million alien abductees did not lie when they said, aliens anally probed me.

Originally posted by Cosmic911
I have said this before on ATS. I have a good friend who works for LM as a project manager. All he will tell me is this..."We have hardware...its broken; we are trying to make it work on our stuff. No bodies..." In my opinion, I think we probably been probed; just like we have sent out probes. I think this makes the most sense. It makes sense to me that we have probably recovered a probe-like technology that we have no idea how it works but it has inspired us. The majority of all R&D never makes into production but we always learn something from it, and that we do put into practice.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This wishy-washy answer will probably get me flamed and I probably have it coming, hehehe…

I don’t know. There is simply no substantive evidence to support the claim that the government – ANY government, has a recovered extraterrestrial craft. THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEY DON’T, but given the fact that people love to talk, and quite frankly, are not always very bright, I think the longer we go without confirmation of this claim, the less likely it is to be true.

The universe is vast, and I agree that it is very likely to be replete with life, intelligent and otherwise, but that vastness also may make interaction between these various life forms impractical if not logistically impossible. That being said, I think it is likely if we survive as a species that someday we will find evidence of intelligent life, perhaps even making contact.

I am intrigued by the mythology of UFO phenomenon, particularly the 1880’s Texas “crash”, the Battle of Los Angeles in 1941, Roswell of course, Rendlesham Forest, the incident outside of Houston in the early 80’s where the “victims” were left with radiation burns, and a couple accounts by commercial airline pilots in recent times.

However, there are 7 billion people on this planet now, almost every single one of them with some form of photographic device, we've had very capable still and video cameras for decades that continue to improve exponentially, and still, compelling UFO images are very hard to come by.

Blurry blobs of light in the sky are never going to convince me of anything.

I approach things from the scientific model. I need independently corroborated evidence.

And now here’s where it gets wish-washy, lol…

My gut tells me that UFO’s are real. I do believe there is something more than wishful thinking or mistaken identification to the phenomenon. However, I have been burned on this before…

When I was in my early 20’s my then-wife and I were driving through the Mohave Desert when a strange-looking craft of some kind paralleled our course for some miles. It was evening, but not yet completely dark. We could see the outline of the craft, and a single point of brilliant white illumination seeming to come from underneath it somewhere. It appeared saucer-like, but more boxy, for lack of a better term. It was black as coal. At some point it just peeled off at a high rate of speed and vanished.

We were convinced that it was a UFO, and more than a little freaked out to be honest. We were in the middle of nowhere and there was almost no traffic at the time. We excitedly discussed the possibility that we had just seen an alien space craft – as far as we were concerned there was nothing else this strange vehicle could have been.

For months we told friends, relatives, anyone who would listen that we had seen a bona fide UFO.

Then pictures of the F-117 stealth fighter were released to the media.

That turned out to be our UFO.

Ever since then, I have been a little hesitant to jump into the UFO pool with both feet.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes and yes.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nope.

We're not that important nor are we that visible. As jibby said, Interdimensional is another thing, but intergalactic beings flying here at warp speed or bending space to get here, or using some unknown technology that allows them to traverse great distance with little effort, nope.. they're not here.

They may be there, but they're not here. They might make it here one millenia, but they're not here now.

It's like someone saying there is a forrest fire, but that no one can see it because it's a secret forrest fire, only the government knows about it. And you say "Why would they make it a secret?" and they "Because no one is ready for such a forrest fire." and you say "I am.. and well, what about the smoke?" and they say "Oh look up there, there is some smoke there." and you say "Nah, thats a cloud." and they say "No it isnt. Its smoke from the secret government forrest fire that no one knows about." and you say "Look, that's a cloud. It's not smoke. You're an idiot." and they say "Don't be so ignorant." and you say "Well where is the smoke then?" and they say "Ahh well it's invisible smoke." and you say "Bollocks, there's no such thing as invisible smoke." and they say "Yes there is. The aliens gave it to us."

and we all bang our heads and fall over.

point is, what purpose do aliens visit us. None. Hello visitors? Nope.. Hello resources? Nope.. Hello humanity have some fancy tech!!.. nope..

And for those who think we're using amazing tech now.. how loverly for you to think that because you can BUY an ipod that they just grow on trees and that no one has actually sat down and over the last few decades have managed to invent and create better versions of, things we take for granted today.

Velcro... Oooh alien...

Nope.. we don't have any alien craft. And if we do, they're pretty rubbish aren't they.. these aliens.. I mean they come all the way here, and we managed to nab them first go. And then we invent microwaves and shoe laces. Neat!

edit on 28-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

are you going to count stars and flags too.. lol ... I know you have special Intel and what not but I'm still not a believer yet... I don't really see how anyone could keep that under wraps for generations.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Without a doubt.Probably since the Roswell crash.

jra

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I used to think the US could have acquired E.T. tech. But these days, I do not. I believe that there must be aliens out there somewhere, but I have yet to see any convincing evidence of any E.T.'s having been here or any evidence of the US possessing alien tech for that matter.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You used to think? How do you know maybe aliens erased your memory and just implanted false memories into your mind. Bro you need to try and remember what you believed in the past. You might get back to believing again.

Originally posted by jra

I used to think the US could have acquired E.T. tech. But these days, I do not. I believe that there must be aliens out there somewhere, but I have yet to see any convincing evidence of any E.T.'s having been here or any evidence of the US possessing alien tech for that matter.

edit on 28-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join