It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Percent of ATS Members believe that the U.S. has recovered E.T. Craft and Tech? [results]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes!

How I think they got it is where I might differ from most others.

With the exception of Roswell where I think its obvious something out of the ordinary happened, I'm much more inclined to believe they found tech on either the moon or Mars.
Space exploration stinks of lies and coverups, why? Because either they faked some of it, or....they were looking for something and found it. Also, if I were an alien and I wanted to view/study the silly humans I'd park myself on the moon. That would likely mean I'd leave stuff there when I left, and considering how long the earth has had humans running around on its surface I think its more than lkely they HAVE watched us.

Do I believe theres intelligent life in the universe? Well, I think even our own galaxy is teeming with it. Its just so BIG out there it'll take us a long time to find each other, and when we/they do find life elsewhere it makes sense to quietly observe for a while before saying hello.

Great idea for a thread

ETA: I dont believe that a lot of the tech we ordinary folke see has anything to do with alien tech, I often see people claiming that transistors and silicone chips were given to us by aliens, thats complete bs, I've been into electronics as a hobby for many many years and I saw the evolution from valves/tubes to early transisters and chips, nothing at all to do with aliens.
edit on 28-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There is definitely some advanced technology out there, that is not ours.

I am leaning towards a no. I don`t think we have it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have evidence in my possession to prove that these are alien craft from another dimension. I have been in contact with other wordy beings since age 5. Been abducted on multiple occasions by evil grey aliens. But mostly I am in contact with Reptoids. They have given me tour inside their spaceship on many occasions. It's incredible really. I was told that soon I will have to go with them because a huge comet was going to hit planet earth. I am very excited about their prospect. In fact when I was on their spaceship they even had a toilet. I asked them what for and they said their ship was constructed to accommodate human beings .
edit on 28-11-2012 by stanislav because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by CardDown

What I find interesting is how a lot of our tech is recycled 80s tech. Of course, i have been told ( hearsay ) that nearly 50% of our recent technology / inventions (military) is classified.

Actually, i rant about that a lot. How we have crap technology that doesnt really add up. It's like we stopped researching future technology in the 80s and switched all the labs to improving the tech instead of taking steps forward. Oh, and the improvements suck.

Basically, we still live in the 80s. Except everything has gloss and exotic names added.
edit on 28-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

To answer your question: Corporations are constantly buying new-technology patents and shelving them away for decades. For example in the 80’s a Japanese company invented a washing machine that didn’t need the use of a detergent. What probably happened , TIDE or CHEERS probably made a mafia-offer and stole the technology. I heard Exxon has over 50 patents that involve batteries lasting for days , weeks with no recharge.

Who knows what has been shelved , but what is a fact is corporations will do anything to have continuous quarterly profit.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Unless you know you got answers from each of us you really can only get an average.
No help from me. I am a fence sitter. Ouch, damn pickets.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

I doubt any aliens are real. Aliens would know that WAR is the only way to ensure your principles and morals. Different opinions and ideas cannot live together for long unless we some how over come cultures, and personal beliefs.

Aliens, by this point, would use Drones for everything. Just like man. For example, in the future, synthetic lifeforms will do everything for mankind. Mankind would be paid to go to school while synthetics did all of our labor. All we would do is use our ability of abstract thought. Unless, of course, we purposely avoid this scenario.

They would obviously subdue mankind, or kill us all outright. Which could be done through synthetic life or bio warfare. Easily.
edit on 28-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am most definitely a yes. I believe that they have recovered an Alien craft.

People forget that the USAF officially stated that they recovered a crashed alien spaceship. I don't believe for one second that they would make such a statement to the public if it was just a weather balloon. The commanding officer at the scene would never had made such a statement if it wasn't the truth. I don't care if they recanted that statement the next day. It is very obvious that the PTB decided the public shouldn't be privy to such information and attempted to cover the whole thing up.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where's our OP? He was pretty involved in the conversation until someone called him out as a "BS artist" many pages back.

I want to know more about this job of his!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
I have evidence in my possession to prove that these are alien craft from another dimension. I have been in contact with other wordy beings since age 5. Been abducted on multiple occasions by evil grey aliens. But mostly I am in contact with Reptoids. They have given me tour inside their spaceship on many occasions. It's incredible really. I was told that soon I will have to go with them because a huge comet was going to hit planet earth. I am very excited about their prospect. In fact when I was on their spaceship they even had a toilet. I asked them what for and they said their ship was constructed to accommodate human beings .
Why wouldnt they need the toilet for themselves? Any living entity would need to take in fuel to convert to energy to live. Every life form on Earth eats and poops. Why wouldnt they? Heck even plants respire.
edit on 28-11-2012 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
No. Also, Russia is far bigger, so they're far more likely to have recovered a crashed UFO, not that I believe that they have done so either. If your craft is advanced enough to travel the distance between stars, it sure as hell isn't just going to malfunction and crash..
edit on 28-11-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i believe that the government is keeping alien craft, where did the design for the stealth bomber come from?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Good idea, I vote yes as fiber optics came out of nowhere after Roswell.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

ditto

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Absolutely YES! It would be ignorant and downright stupid to believe we could have advanced so far in such a short amount of time without "outside" help!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
No. Also, Russia is far bigger, so they're far more likely to have recovered a crashed UFO, not that I believe that they have done so either. If your craft is advanced enough to travel the distance between stars, it sure as hell isn't just going to malfunction and crash..
edit on 28-11-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Until you can make moving parts that dont wear out I guess they could crash. Its not like they fall out of the sky every day. Obvoiusly if they exist they are pretty reliable as a vehicle or they would be on evey lawn in America. Still, a vehicle would need maintainance and could break down or wear out. I know that my car will break down eventually and that I will likely not be parked in my own driveway when it happens. Hopefully I wont be a planet away from Advanced Auto Parts when it happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I/we have to anthropomorphize alien life.

No we don't, just the contrary we should not anthropomorphize alien life.

Anthropomorphize means to attribute human characteristics to something that is non-human.

We do the same with pets like dogs and cats and you can take that as an the example of how wrong it is to expect other living being, even apes to share human characteristics. Even thinking to our past relatives issues, like the Neanderthal extinction hypotheses shows that while very similar their differences probably sealed their doom. Failing to be like us probably helped them into extinction.

It's all we know.

No it is not there are plenty of examples in nature of not human conscience, even intellect (Birds etc) and as recently found culture (Monkeys, Orcas and Wales). But even expecting aliens to be like them would be wrong. As humans we have a powerful tool imagination and creativity, there is plenty of scientifically based speculative exobiology to go around. One of my favorites is the Pierson's Puppeteers.

SETI searches for radio transmissions ala human communication tech. Astronomers look for planets with liquid water in search for places habitable by life as we know it.

There has been heavy criticism of SETI (some of it I even subscribe), if the same effort was put into Ufology we could probably make faster advances or at least put the issue to rest. There has been a lot of tech that could have resulted from speculations about UFOs itself (not direct examination, but human creativity attempting to explain observations).

we are probably going to be dealing with life similar to our own; bipedal, binocular, eyes in front, opposable digits and at least two arms or legs.

Again I strongly disagree. If you have time try to find out how symmetry that a majority of Earth life shares evolved or how all vertebrate creatures share a single common ancestor. Take for example the speculation above of the Pierson's Puppeteers, there can even be an intellect that evolved as a symbiotic or parasitic organism making use of other creatures ( Quatermass And The Pit - Episode 1 of 6 [1957] ).

All of that stuff would be needed for a species to arrive as we did at the top of the food chain. And that needs to occur before a species can relax enough to begin developing mechanical technology.

Again that is a limiting assumption, there is even speculation that we are an artificial created/managed species. But take for instance the fiction of the planet of the apes (original version) a potential intellect rises to supremacy and uses the tools and knowledge of a past civilization. I bet that this is also common in the universe, since it solves the problem of requiring the spreading of life and independent evolutions. If you have the time try to find and read the The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. IIRC it deals with asymmetric life form, demographic pressures and civilizational cycles (very cool book).

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

These discoveries didn't just pop in out of the blue. They are logical advances of prior technologies, vacuum tubes specifically.

Are you saying that when ET crashed here they were only a decade or so more advanced than us?

Why didn't we end up with an antimatter gun or anti-gravity propulsion instead of a simple 'alteration' of pre-existing tech?

cprnicus

I believe project paperclip brought some of that technology here and subsequent crash recoveries has added to the growing pile of technology that we have today.

Roswell may have very well been the Rosetta Stone that the military needed

That was a really good post Slave2Fate. Thanks, you know, I certainly don't want to be stuck being wrong and deluded. So I really appreciate you staying in the game so we can work through this.

I would totally agree with you, but I also have thoughts and feelings along the same line as cprnicus.

SMA's may not have been so far ahead of our technology, but composites were.

So maybe it is something more like cprnicus is suggesting.

I think nitinol is a good subject for analysis. It has a history of development that can be cited and followed. But it is also strangely ensconced within the Roswell narrative.

What do you think?

Also, Everyone,

It does not have to be necessarily ours or theirs or interdimensional...

What about the possibility that it was all created by past civilizations of technologically advanced humans from right here. Could they have been automated systems left in place by past 'us's'?

Vallee, has asked as much as well.

?

Addendum: If anyone happens to be reading this? It has only taken me an hour or so to discover that there is a lot of noise surrounding this whole nitinol/composite/Ben Rich/Roswell thing.

Just as SMAs were being discovered in '32 so were composites. Fibreglass for instance. So my bad, Slave2Fate.

I find this whole thing with the tecnology coalescing just before Roswell to be very, very interesting. I plan on researching the bejeezus out of it so I can separate the signal from the noize, and I will return with a thread.

In the meantime, all of us that are thinking that nitinol and composites and the whole ben Rich thing are for real may want to take a deep breath, somethin's going on but it is looking like 'us' again.

back soon.

Sorry.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm sure any craft that ever landed/crashed onto the Earth would have certain systems integrated into it that would leave no trace of the craft ever having existed in the event of a crash or similar scenario. That is just my opinion. Though one I think makes some sense.

Maybe the Roswell incident could have been staged by an ET to plant a seed in the minds of humans of something existing out there not of this earth.

I have as much faith in ET, as I do in the many religions created by man.

Neither have definitive proof. And in my experience, only one of them has been used as a basis to kill other people in the name of "God".

At least the idea of ET occupying the universe with sci fi gadgets and technology is more interesting than an old grey bearded man living in the clouds playing with his creations.

I do love the demonic alien theory. Makes me laugh every time I see it. Apparently ET don't exist, yet evil demons dressing up as aliens to bring people to the dark side is totally plausible.

If you read it in a book its 100% fact. Just like everything else on the internet.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they had alien tech, so, I guess you can mark me up for yes.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't know why but they don't need toilets. But one of the reptoids told me that sometimes they poop straight inside a special container. It's not a toilet though like they have for humans. Also they only need to poop once a month.

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by stanislav
Why wouldnt they need the toilet for themselves? Any living entity would need to take in fuel to convert to energy to live. Every life form on Earth eats and poops. Why wouldnt they? Heck even plants respire.
edit on 28-11-2012 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join