It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Really what 12-21-2012 is all about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Mystical 2012: Did the Maya Shamans Discover a Mystical View of Reality?

I think this a very interesting hypothesis about the Mayan and 2012...I have not read anything else along this interpretation pertaining to 12-21-2012. There has been much speculation and concern over this coming date. I happen to agree with the rebirth of our metaphysical existence as one of the results from this coming date, how, why or when it may occur is really not as important as the message being conveyed. We need to be aware of these changes, so that we can be a part of the process together.

www.grahamhancock.com...

For the ancient Maya, the importance of this astronomy was as the foundation of the profound metaphor of transformation and rebirth

www.cleversley.com...

The transformation of the tadpole into the toad makes it a perfect symbol for the concept of transformation.

The Bufo toad does more than just physically demonstrates the principles of transformation and rebirth; it provides the Maya with a means to explore the spiritual world and most importantly, to discover the true fundamental self. I think that the presence of the Bufo toad in the sacred ceremonial site of Izapa speaks volumes. In fact, the statues were not just used as symbols; they were used as altars. This raises them to the highest level possible

That they used toads as a symbol and means to explore this rebirth process is unique to me, please, feel free to share other civilizations that present the same view if you have seen or heard this elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
They liked those particular toads because of their psychedelic properties, hence the blurb about spirituality in what you quoted.

As for the rest, I think you may be onto something; our interpretations of their calender are by no means to be considered 100% accurate. The world isn't going to end, however the 21st of this coming December marks the end of something for the Mayans.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I know you may not believe this, but I did read the entire article and I am very aware of why they chose these particular frogs.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I also think you could be on to something. From what I know of the Mayan calender when it ends on the 21st it starts all over at the beginning again with a new age. I have heard it refered to as the golden age. I personally believe there will be no sudden change. To me it seems the 21st would be the beginning of the change. If so who knows how long it will take to fully change our ways? I think maybe 100 or 1000 years from now we may be able to look back and say "Yeah, the winter solstice of 2012 seems to be the turning point for our civization". Anyway, Just my lowly opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I really can't buy into this 2012 crap anymore. The only other thing I can think of is the Federal reserve and the end of the lease which probably also means stuff all.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I happen to believe the energy has been changing for many years, along with the awareness...the time we experience on Earth is certainly different than time in the surrounding space of our solar system and how we move through the galaxy. This is a process that I think is continual and ever changing...The cycle does have to start and stop sometime in order to begin again...when this happens really cannot be pinpointed here on Earth by any calendar we have.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Not asking you to buy into anything, but if that is the case why did you bother to read this and respond with your negativity? So you could show us what a liar you are...in fact...you are interested or you would have ignored this completely...so quit lying to yourself and get in touch with your spiritual side, it's never to late...unless....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Not asking you to buy into anything, but if that is the case why did you bother to read this and respond with your negativity? So you could show us what a liar you are...in fact...you are interested or you would have ignored this completely...so quit lying to yourself and get in touch with your spiritual side, it's never to late...unless....

It wasn't a direct insult towards this thread, sorry if it come across that way. The subject has drained me for the last few years and I really can't see anything occuring out of the ordinary which is going to change a thing on this planet. People are waiting for some miracle to occur, the miracle we should be anticipating is one we create ourselves. If we want change that bad, lets achieve it ourselves. An ancient calendar isn't going to solve our issues.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think the interpretation of that could be misinterpreted. What I mean is ancient civilizations had a lot of beliefs that seem strange to us now because we are more knowledgeable about a lot of things scientifically. Just look at the ancient cultures who looked at meteor showers or eclipses as something supernatural because they didn't understand what a meteor shower or eclipse really was. Their use of the term rebirth could very well not be literal but metaphorical or them misunderstanding a celestial occurrence.
edit on 28-11-2012 by MadhatterTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I agree with what you have said in your post. Here's an interesting snippet from the article:

If I write a poem about enlightenment and spiritual awakening and use the sunrise as a metaphor since that is the event that fills our dark world with light and we are all awakened from our physical slumber, the poem should be taken as a reminder that spiritual awakening is possible in a general sense. It certainly should not be understood to say that we are all going to become enlightened during the next sunrise, although that might happen. If people focus on the event of the sunrise because they think that enlightenment will happen at the time of that event, they will have missed the point of the poem.

Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

It wasn't a direct insult towards this thread, sorry if it come across that way. The subject has drained me for the last few years and I really can't see anything occuring out of the ordinary which is going to change a thing on this planet. People are waiting for some miracle to occur, the miracle we should be anticipating is one we create ourselves. If we want change that bad, lets achieve it ourselves. An ancient calendar isn't going to solve our issues.

I happen to believe the energy has been changing for many years, along with the awareness...the time we experience on Earth is certainly different than time in the surrounding space of our solar system and how we move through the galaxy. This is a process that I think is continual and ever changing...The cycle does have to start and stop sometime in order to begin again...when this happens really cannot be pinpointed here on Earth by any calendar we have.

I didn't take it as an insult...no worries. Chin up dear.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Who says they were wrong...maybe we are wrong. I think meteor showers and falling stars are mystical.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redreemer

Thank you and I am glad you went and took the time to read the article.

new topics

top topics

join