It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: desperation takes hold, people stealing storm drain covers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here in Vancouver you would be surprised by the resourcefulness of our crackheads, pretty much everyone has some sort of binning cart or a tow behind for there bikes. And regardless of the weight they will steal pretty much anything not tied down. The police try hard to stop the scrap places from buying and most are compliant but there are those who just don't care.

And with a steadily rising amount of downtrodden and drug addicted we can only look forward to more stories like this involving even more random objects already had, and still have catalytic converter thefts, man holes, copper, tombstone plates, how much more creative can the local Vancouver crackhead get?

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am from Vancouver and there is nothing new about this. No new desperation, same old desperation. Vancouver is home to an area known as the Downtown Eastside. It is the largest open air drug market in North America, home to North Americas first and only supervised injection site. It is FILLED with people using everywhere and I'm not taking about one or two blocks, its a neighbourhood. It is the poorest postal code in Canada, I am actually typing from this area right now! My work is here. Believe me, everything that is not nailed down gets stolen. Its just the way it is here...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I bet they would make a good BBQ grate for a fire pit
Well, I like to recycle junk.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Same thing happens in Calgary and this is the largest growing city in Canada, most open jobs per capital, most office space for corporations in Canada and highest GDP in the world.

ALL the cases where the crooks were caught, were not drug addicts or poor people. It was people with metallurgy shops or scrap shop owners or works.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Last time we had a long power outage here, it was because someone stole a bunch of metal from a substation. I have no idea how they did it without getting fried, maybe they also worked for the power company or something. We don't have storm drains up here to steal, the drainage up here is 4 foot ditches on either side of the road.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join