It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the world ignoring the Congolese war?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by MeesterB

The article I read was that they had developed a more transmissible virus that would kill 50% of the infected people. The Dutch scientist were elated to develop this terrible virus . Whether it was successful from the lab to be as deadly to humanity is not the point . Why did they feel it was their goal to do so ? And who paid for it ?

This is way off topic, but you need to be educated.
They did it so that they would know how far off the mass pandemic is from occuring, understand how it gets to the mass pandemic phase, and develop knowledge to stop it. I would be elated to find that 7ish steps were involved in making a virus an airborne pathogen. It's a big scientific discovery.
It's very important that it was done in ferrets and not in humans as it confirms that they didn't test on humans, and it shows that they don't have the human killer mutated virus. I honestly don't care who paid for it because it is public knowledge at this point so no one has the edge. Stop being outraged over it.

Sorry for the off topic post, the comment below is relevant for discussion
How much does political/military corruption play a role in the random rebel and militia actions? As I understand it, the national army doesn't get paid all that much and it leads to pillaging and raping. Is this a product of poor government spending or lack of national wealth? If they have so many natural resources then why is the military so much crap?(Been drinking, not a coherent thought, but I didn't want my post to be removed -.-)

Edit: typo
edit on 11/28/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hijinx your options are sound but by "evaluated" i think a "D" option is needed in your list and it should be.. D. can we profit monetarily in any way? and that's the option the u.s. government would choose every time. "humanitarian effort" equates to profiteering, believe me.. if there's money to be made from rape, our government will most definitely intervene in a "compassionate" manner.

i absolutely love my country and would absolutely put my life on the line for a perfect stranger and would die protecting my family but that has nothing to do with what my country is.. it is nothing but a horrendous money making machine, gobbling up and destroying anything in it's path.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Are you familiar with Global Governments Agenda 21 and the Eugenics movement within that Group ? Eugenics methods to reduce population also include pandemics , wars and such .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I still don't buy your answer . They already have data on how a pandemic would propagate unless they are engineering a unique virus . Then they were going to publish the results . Unless you were involved you also read what they allowed you to know .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

My understanding of these mega-cities in China that remain inhabited, are that they are a result of rampant real estate speculation and that the holder of these properties will not sell for fear of a massive property bubble burst such as the U.S.

There are many wealthy Chinese investors who look for tangible assets to invest (eg. real estate). With the wealthy never intending to actually occupy this 'tangible' asset, many of these complexes remain empty. It's bizarre really, but who knows? It's really sad to see as I'm sure there are many people who could be living there.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
my own country Canada..........

I think it's high time we pay more attention....

The United States government should.....

Not that I disagree but why mention you're Canadian then say we should "pay more attention" then say what the US should do? Why didn't you as a Canadian start off with what your own Government should be doing?

I agree, the US should and could do more but you realize we would be damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Star for that. I agree. We go into the Congo and the same people who complain about us not going into the Congo now are going to start complaining about American Imperialism and start calling us war criminals. Like you said "damned if you do and danmed if you don't"

The Congo has been a savage place for a long time. Look at the brutality there in the early 1960's.

Now I give you Roland:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
we can't save the planet dude. If the strongest military or nations were to go in there, people would scream "imperialism". If we leave them alone, they say "why no shoot bad guys"

I say it is up to every nation to save themselves. The planet, does not exist. We are not conscious of it. We fight abhorrently against a one world government yet seem to like the idea of ending all world problems by a single "way" and by one group of people......

If we are to do as people want, we need a super power to go in and kick everyone's ass. Carpet bombs, troops, air strikes where civilians will undoubtedly die, tanks, all of it.

That is war.

Or,

people worry about their own countries. Not everyone is meant to make it friend. Some people have gone into history as only foot notes, while others read about them and carry on.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

We should either take over the whole world, the strongest should, and enforce a universal way, or let life unfold as it does. You can't have it both ways.

EDIT:
I just saw the post before mine, I had read the OP and responded. You see. I guess we are on the same page. I love when that happens.

edit on 28-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

why is the world ignoring the Congolese war?

edition.cnn.com

The U.N. has labeled the DRC, Africa's second largest country, as the "rape capital of the world" because of the pace and scope of the use of rape as a weapon of war by proxy militia gangs fighting for control of Congo's easily appropriable and highly valuable natural resources, destined for sale in Europe, Asia, Canada and the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.ca
www.google.ca
edit on 113030p://pm3025 by Spike Spiegle because: title

edit on 113030p://pm3023 by Spike Spiegle because: title

Because that SOB Van Owen blew of Roland's head.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

my own country Canada..........
I think it's high time we pay more attention....
The United States government should.....

Not that I disagree but why mention you're Canadian then say we should "pay more attention" then say what the US should do? Why didn't you as a Canadian start off with what your own Government should be doing?
I agree, the US should and could do more but you realize we would be damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Isn't it amazing?
I would love to see US pull out of the world affairs only for many nations to request them to come back and help. Things will never change.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Do not forget that BRICS is scrambling for the African Continent based on mutual pacts. I'm sure if the situation gets out of control, it will be addressed accordingly by the investors. We just might not focus too much at the ME currently but we do have AFRICOM. Although the command wasn't established that long ago.
AFRICOM
AFRICOM_INTENT
LINK

Just google 'Congo and BRICS'.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Fact of the matter is nobody gives two flips whether a bunch of black people kill themselves or not...I am sure the thinking is once they kill themselves off then we will go in and steal the natural resources.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

The we in your post is the Global Elite . The we as in you and me could be next on the Elite agenda .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
We already have at the very least 100 spec. ops soldiers in Congo and surrounding areas and I can only imagine what they have been up to since Congress passed and Obama signed the Lord’s Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009 in 2010.
www.opencongress.org...

Then, in Oct 2011 he announced the deployment of 100 spec. ops forces to central Africa as detailed in the "Act" giving them authority to patrol and work in Uganda, Congo, Sudan and the Central African Republic. Last I heard they've been there ever since...

For more than two decades, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) has murdered, raped, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women, and children in central Africa. The LRA continues to commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security. Since 2008, the United States has supported regional military efforts to pursue the LRA and protect local communities. Even with some limited U.S. assistance, however, regional military efforts have thus far been unsuccessful in removing LRA leader Joseph Kony or his top commanders from the battlefield. In the Lord’s Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009, Public Law 111-172, enacted May 24, 2010, the Congress also expressed support for increased, comprehensive U.S. efforts to help mitigate and eliminate the threat posed by the LRA to civilians and regional stability.

The President notes in the letter that the combat team deployed on October 12, two days ago. And he promises that a “second combat-equipped team” will deploy sometime in the next month.

This relatively small force will be able to go into Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, subject to approval from each of those countries. So you have a small roving band of US military personnel trying to take out Joseph Kony in Africa.

The Administration’s claimed legal justification comes from a law called the Lord’s Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009, originally sponsored by Russ Feingold. Human Rights Watch were among the endorsers of the bill. I’m not sure this is what they had in mind. The bill authorizes the President to “provide additional assistance” to the region affected by the LRA, but there is absolutely nothing explicit about the deployment of combat forces in that law. The Constitution reserves the power to declare war to Congress alone, and they did not do that in the Lord’s Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009. There’s a clause about “political, economic, military, and intelligence support” that I suppose is the thin reed upon which this all hangs. The signing statement by the President after passage of the law says absolutely nothing about the deployment of forces.

More from ABC. The forces are combat-equipped but supposedly only giving logistical advice. However, the order is a capture or kill order on Joseph Kony. But I guess it doesn’t constitute “hostilities.”

Why haven't the captured or Killed Joseph Kony yet??

news.firedoglake.com...

We're there alright and so are others (private contractors) fighting Obama's African Proxy wars. Yes. were still in Somalia www.nytimes.com...

Contractors in the same area as our Spec. Ops soldiers

To further disguise the mission, the U.S. military has taken another unusual step: It has largely outsourced the spying operation to private contractors. The contractors supply the aircraft as well as the pilots, mechanics and other personnel to help process electronic intelligence collected from the airspace over Uganda, Congo, South Sudan and the Central African Republic.

In October, President Obama sent about 100 elite U.S. troops to central Africa to scour the terrain for Joseph Kony, the messianic and brutal leader of a Ugandan rebel group. But American contractors have been secretly searching for Kony from the skies long before that, at least since 2009, under a project code-named Tusker Sand, according to documents and people familiar with the operation.

WE, know damn well that Obama is fully aware what is happening in Congo and in this region. Too bad this was never brought up during the election campaign.

U.S. Africa Command, which oversees military operations on the continent, declined to discuss specific missions or its reasons for outsourcing the gathering of intelligence.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by jibeho because: clarity.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

No doubt. Nothing to do about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
continued.

then in March 2012 an ammo dump explodes in Congo.

Just an accident?

A series of explosions at an ammunition depot killed 200 people and wounded about 2,000 more in Brazzaville, the capital of Africa's Republic of Congo, Congolese officials said Monday.

The explosions occurred shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday (2 a.m. ET) when a fire at the depot set off a cache of tank shells, said Betu Bangana, director of protocol for President Denis Sassou-Nguesso. Bangana said at least 200 people had been confirmed dead by Monday morning, and many bodies may be "unfindable."

Ministry of Information press attache Bruno Impene said hospitals were overflowing, with the wounded lying in the corridors. The blasts destroyed numerous homes in the neighborhoods surrounding the installation, Bangana said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That's the guy.

I believe I remember reading that Leopold had the greatest colony to actual country ratio...as in the Congo, or as he called it Belgian Congo was some sizes bigger than Belgium, when the other contries [France, England, Spain] had colonies roughly similar or smaller in size to the home country.

Something along those lines.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Read up... we're not ignoring anything... We're part of it...

www.tomdispatch.com...

Tusker Sand

Tusker Sand is a manned airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) platform, along with an associated intelligence fusion cell designed to address emerging theater collection requirements and command strategy to build partner nation capacity. The Tusker Sand system is capable of gathering various types of intelligence. The system is designed for persistent surveillance. The Tusker Sand system consists of a pair of contractor-owned/contractor-operated Beechcraft King Air aircraft (C-12 equivalent), with at least one of the aircraft being fitted with the Jungle Advanced Under Dense-Vegetation Imaging Technology (JAUDIT) system. The aircraft have other sensors as well.

On 17 May 2010, US Africa Command (AFRICOM) announced a presolicitation for Africa Command ISR Initiative Operations (Aii Ops) contract. The Tusker Sand program was a component of this larger initiative. The proposed Tusker Sand team would consist of at least 14 personnel. The sensor package would include electro-optical and infrared full motion video components, laser range finder, as well as, Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR), Hyperspectral (HSI), Synthetic-Aperture Radar (SAR), and other sensors as appropriate. Data transfer and related systems would be provided, along with a ground control/intelligence fusion element. The system was to be mounted on a manned aircraft, and the contract stated that AFRICOM preferred the Pilatus PC-12/47 aircraft. The platform would be contractor-owned/contractor operated.

On 25 June 2010, the Aii Ops contract was delayed indefinitely. Tusker Sand continued as a separate program. The selected contractor reportedly used a Beechcraft King Air aircraft (C-12 equivalent) instead of the preferred type stated in the contract. Other similar programs utilized various types of aircraft, so it is possible that more than one type was in use. A signals intelligence (SIGINT) capability was also reportedly added to the system.

www.globalsecurity.org...
edit on 28-11-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Democratic Republic of Congo is one of the poorest countries in the world and thanks to an insanely complicated mix of politics, armed conflict, and corruption… it’s also one of the most under-reported.

It also happens to be home to a nondescript black rock known as Coltan… a vital ingredient in the production of nearly every cell phone and computer on the planet.

Without Coltan, our technology-driven lives would come to a screeching halt, and Congo has 80% of the world’s supply.

source: www.watchdoable.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Yes, Belgian Congo was huge compared to her northern master, roughly 2,344,000 km2 was given over to king Leopold.

Belgian congo

SS

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The continuation of perpetual conflict in the resource rich Eastern region of the DRC is profitable for Western corporations as long as the flow of coltan, gold, copper and diamonds continues. The rebels sell these resource to purchase arms, allowing them to continue their conflict. Despite the blockade on conflict minerals, these resources still make it to Western markets. All a dealer has to do is export it to another peaceful African country and then these resources are exported to Western markets. All of this is very cheap for Western corporations, but if the DRC was to stabilise and take control of its own resources, not so much.

Furthermore, I don't want to say it. I know a lot of people may disagree, but the Western world, and especially the US, simply has no interest in dark coloured people or in Africa.

Lets not forget the root cause of this issue. It heads back to colonial times. The Belgian domination of the Congo. The Belgian kind imposed a disgusting colonial regime. He created artificial nationality and forced blacks to work in slavery. Millions died. Other Congolese has their hands chopped off if they didn't meet their quotas. In fact, so many Congolese died during this period that they had to import other African slave workers from different parts of the continent. This resulted in the influx of conflicting tribal groups, primarily the Hutus and the Tutsis. The same problem that plagued Rawanda. Add to this the Rwandan genocide which resulted in the influx of Hutu refugees as the Hutu dominated government was overthrown following its slaughter of nearly a million Tutsis, the Belgian backed removal of President Patrice Lumumba in the 1960s (who asserted DRCs political independence) and the imposition of a dictator who misruled the country for almost 40 years.

The DRC is a country scared and ravaged by Western imperialism. Many ignorant fools on this forum will try to deny this, saying that colonialism finished many years ago (when in fact it hasn't, it continues in the form of economic colonialism - neo colonialism), but the influence that Western powers have had in Africa and the ramifications of this can still be seen today, and will continue to be seen for hundreds of years to come.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join