It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a new Boss at CIA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I found this while doing my regular checks around my favorite sites and thought I would share. I don't know how much MSM have done for running the Bio on our new/acting CIA Director but he's interesting to look at. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but he's certainly got extensive internal background there going well back into the early Terrorist war years.

Before assuming his current position, Mr. Morell was the CIA’s Deputy Director under David H. Petraeus. Mr. Morell began serving as Deputy Director in May 2010 under Mr. Panetta, after spending two years as the head of the Agency’s main analytic arm, the Directorate of Intelligence. Before that job, Mr. Morell served as the CIA’s Associate Deputy Director from 2006 until 2008, helping with the overall leadership of the Agency and focusing in particular on its internal management.

Mr. Morell began his Agency career in 1980 as an analyst covering international energy issues. He later worked on East Asia for 14 years, holding a number of jobs in analysis and in management before his selection in 1999 as Director of the Office of Asian Pacific and Latin American Analysis. He also served as the intelligence briefer to President George W. Bush, as chief of the staff that produces the President’s Daily Brief, and as an executive assistant to CIA Director George J. Tenet.

Cryptome - CIA Director Bio

The piece is more about highlighting a dye job on his hair as I gather, but it's always interesting to see the real top people in power outside the carefully staged appearances in press conferences or whatever they do. Overall though, at least the place has leadership to maintain stability for the time being. Thats good in the world as it's sitting now I'd say.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It may just be me... but i can almost always tell if someone is a cop just by looking into their eyes. I get the same feeling with this guy. Perhaps it is something else. He is a follower.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

i could not help but laugh as i read his name, is it irony?

Mr Morell......

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Thank God it wasn't some political hack who was needing a favor.
He seems to be a solid professional who's earned this position.
In today's climate we need good career people so for now I'll give this guy a

Let's hope he'll step down the drone attacks.

top topics

join