It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 8 Spiritual 'Types': Which Are You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
These are, to a degree deceptive definitions......
I would say that it would be impossile to have ,say E without experiencing a little of D or whatever combo is a result of the other.....
I agree we share ALL these spiritual? qualities in a mixed bag..........depending upon the degree that our own sprituality is even important to us as human beings.......
INCOMPLETE in my humble opine, does not tell the whole story....
By the way, im a combo of EDHB in that order i think....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Mostly Passive Awareness but do have some Confrontationally Defend Truth in the mix.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The thing i dont get about forums...is that if u post anything long enough to even remotely express an idea completely, noone wants to read it. The only way to generally get ppl to really read something is to keep it quite short, too short to fully convey your message. But then ppl point out, rightly, that its incomplete...but thats the only way to get reads lol

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We should search always for wisdom and I believe master Lao Tzu nailed it :

Therefore the wise person says:

I do nothing, and people become good by themselves. I seek peace, and people take care of their own problems. I do not meddle in their personal lives, and the people become prosperous. I let go of all my desire to control them,

and the people return to their natural ways.

The Tao Te Ching is very much based in observable reality. Lao Tzu observed his society and noticed different things that caused troubles. He mentioned that,

The highest good is not to seek to do good,

but to allow yourself to become good. The ordinary person seeks to do good things,

and finds that they cannot do them continually.

The wise person does not force virtue on others,

and thus is able to accomplish their task. The ordinary person who uses force,

will find that they accomplish nothing.

The kind person acts from the heart,

and accomplishes a multitude of things. The righteous person acts out of pity, yet leaves many things undone. The moral person will act out of duty, and when no one will respond

will roll up his sleeves and uses force.

When people cease acting in a natural way, they create "righteousness."

When righteousness is forgotten, they create morality. When morality is forgotten, they create laws. The law is the husk of faith,

and trust is the beginning of chaos.

www.earth-heal.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Where did you find this information? I'd like to review the source for deeper understanding in the subject. Now you've got me interested, and I have a lot of questions I'd like answered.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
C

Maybe C E H

Where did you get this model of the psyche? It reminds me of another model of 7 mental stations symbolized with Architecture.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm more the warrior type who has freed himself by realizing there is not really a point, and then making a point through love, expanding consciousness and helping other people see that world through truth in my own comedic way which brings them happiness...

So I am the enlightened Joker??

Seriously my most Basic impulse ever since my earliest memories at 8 months was H.. That I could make people smile and be happy... But that came from wanting to defend their beings.. I cannot do this without having a need to defend truth... Those two are the same to me..

Basically this thread asks me to go against my base impulse that I Am Everything, and just say I am one thing, when I cannot even say I am a person half the time, it feels so limiting.

I'm thinking H, but that comes from A because I love everything, and in that union I must be goofy and make people smile, cause I can feel their feelings and I don't want anyone to hurt.. The only drive in life I have that motivates action on my own part is defending the truth. As a Scorpio seeing people manipulate others by changing the truth really pisses me off so I must defend the truth to defend peoples hearts so they can be happy..

Am I all of them at my Core? Mostly yes. I could almost say Im the defender of truth and I would pick that one, but you see they are thinking there IS one truth, and that could never be, hehe.. I defend the truth that is ever changing and ever different for every person, and every time... The truth that is not...

I view my life as if I am an explorer on a journey and I'll help anyone or everyone on my way sailing off into nowhere.

Maybe I'm nowhere man?

Or the Fool on the hill?

the Joker... final answer...

The whole Joke is that you can get the Joke... Dang there goes defending truth again..

edit on 11/28/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
OR BOTH, like the rest of us............

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Whos says I'm a nice spirit?

Where are the bad ones?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think both parts of A and H. I feel like my purpose here in this life falls squarely in H although I think I want part A for myself. Is that selfish? I know they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i dont fit any of these.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd say I'm After Death. A.D.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic, philosophically.

But A & H, emotionally/spiritually. If that makes any sense.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'd have to say I'm borderline a/b, too tired to elaborate, so as much as I hate doing this...
Second!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I strive for A and F. That does not sound right does it? The truth is that i suffer from bipolar, so my doctor tells me. It must be true because i can see the symptoms in myself sometimes. The one thing that seems to dominate my personality is the fact that i am very anti establishment. from my days in grade school to my work enviornment and even through an 18 year marriage i have been anti establishment in every union. Therefore i have no idea where to place myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Ecstatic Liberation

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting question. I would have to say D and H. I'm a leader always have been but i'm also a compassionate helper. I have always had the ability to put myself in someone elses shoes. So i'd say id be a compassionate leader.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did you come up with this groundbreaking system yourself to guide us spiritually? And felt confident enough in its composition to post?

The akward unfitting titles that stray from the theme you constructed in what I can only conclude was an attempt subconcious or not to freshen up old, unimaginative generalizations as your own.

Your categorizations of these "fundamental impulses" are shallow. A childishly founded theory from the hip wave of new-age spiritually guided pseudo physciatrists.

To the people who have blindly and eagerly responded with your "type", I hope your newfound realization of who you are and why guides you to the far beyond. Thanks for your hand in promoting ignorance.

If you're going to post something for the purpose of helping others find some sort of enlightenment, you should put in a bit more effort so that the result isn't so half baked. It should be better thought out and closer to some sort of completed state, otherwise you'll only get replies from people who aren't using most of their brain. That's not going to enlighten anyone. Have fun sharing with each other guys. Most of the replies seem to be of the lighthearted nature of a horoscope reading. Stop entertaining such frivilolity unless you want to stay dim.

I'm not trying to be rude, and i'm not trying to tear anyone down, but something put forth to offer guidance or clarity or enlightenment ought to be a little more thought out and complete. When people give creedance to these sorts of things it does nothing but promote ignorance.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I am primarily B, with a zen for A and a smattering of C. I try to be as H as I can.

I have no religious affiliation whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I am this.......i am that........how about just-I AM. The mind keeps trying to add something to that and come up with an identity but any mental identity is not the real thing. When you drop your mental identity youll remain as your real self without the false superimposition the mind creates. No more reading lists of descriptions and labels to find out which one you are

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join