It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really stand before an Angel ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

Lot and his family didnt seem to suffer from this.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xzorter

You can stand before anything in existence.
That is...if you don't choose to lower yourself.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sniped...

Looks like this thread fell apart rather quickly.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Sniped...

Looks like this thread fell apart rather quickly.

Its probably because very few people are in contact with real angels.

Very few people on ATS actually believe in angels because it opens a huge can of worms. People would much rather see the angels in terms of aliens because then there is no fear of Judgement on them when they die.

@Op
1 Corinthians 6:3

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

As you can see, humans that are wise will one day judge the fallen angels.

So if a repented fallen angel contacts you, test them in the name of Yeshua and ask them what advice do they have.

Its quite interesting what they can tell you. However, a lot of the truth is sacred and should stay secret because it is those truths, that when abused by the fallen ones, were what caused the Great Flood back in the days of Noah and the destruction of the atmosphere on Mars.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

Werent these the angels that killed infants?

Why the hell would i feel embarassed for oggling my neighbors wife?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

ex·tra·ter·res·tri·al/ˌekstrətəˈrestrēəl/
Adjective:
Of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere.

I think an angel fits the bill just fine....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Just curious where you heard them described as such?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sawman

If angels don't do as commanded they are cast out of heaven. If we don't do as commanded, we are not allowed in heaven. Sounds pretty similar.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

Dear therealdemoboy,

I am confused, didn't Moses disappoint God, did he not disobey God, yet, he is saved and gets into heaven.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I imagine one should stand before an angel, there were many in the Bible that did so. In fact doing otherwise would seem to be forbidden.

An exchange between John and an unamed angel:

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy," (Rev. 19:10).

Also in Exodus:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:..." (Ex. 20: 3 - 5)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I had an experience once, and it was amazing. It was during the time in my life when I was beginning to see that the religion of my birth was full of, and based on, human fallacies. I was learning about the Goddess and torn, because Christianity was all I knew. I battled, within myself, with the idea of walking away from this religion and toward the truth that all gods are one. I went with another Marine to visit a couple Marines who lived in the barracks across from our own. They were playing Dungeons and Dragons, and I did not want to participate. However, I did not want to be rude and politely declined to play. I sat away from them, and while thinking about this, I saw a woman dressed in all white, surrounded by a white light, hovering just above the floor to my left. She smiled and spoke to me in my mind. She told me that I did not have to do anything that I did not want to do, and I immediately understood that she was talking about my struggle with religion. I know that she was trying to tell me that the source of all things has many faces and is known by many names. It does not matter how or what you believe, because all gods/goddesses are one. I think she was the Goddess, but perhaps to you she is an angel. There was no fear, nor any trembling on my knees. There was only love.
edit on 12/2/2012 by Tlove250 because: left out a word

edit on 12/2/2012 by Tlove250 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Jesus didn't come to Earth as a man to save the angels.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

Was in the presence of an Angel long ago, it was humbling but nothing like what you describe in the OP. Total acceptance of me as I was without judgement. Blinding illumination? Yes.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

Dear therealdemoboy,

Nope 1/3rd of the angels get no salvation, they are headed to hell. Perhaps they were not worth saving and we are.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well some of you guys seem to know quite alot about angels. but tell me how did you aquire this knowledge? Did you speak to an angel first hand or know of someone who has or witnessed an angel doing something wrong or good? How can you scientifically or indefinately prove that angels exist for good or evil? Yes, every religion in the world can tell us a bit about angels. which i think proves that they exist. But which knowlegde is right comes into question.. how do we know for sure? can we really know for sure where their intentions lie?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Xzorter

Was in the presence of an Angel long ago, it was humbling but nothing like what you describe in the OP. Total acceptance of me as I was without judgement. Blinding illumination? Yes.
Antar, in another post you called me a name, and I believe I understood the context it was in.

I believe I have seen "Angels" 3 times in my life, once in a dream, and two instances in the real world. The first in a dream left me trembling and soaked in sweat when I awoke. In the dream it was a pure white light figure who lead me into the "Light". The love that was radiated could not be comprehended or explained. Intense can only be the first letter of the written experience. But as Antar mentioned, total acceptance was only part of it.

The last time I saw them, in mass, was when I knew who and what they were. My reaction was to cry like a baby. At minimum they showed me that their really was something bigger, better, more powerful, more ancient, more benevolent, more knowledgeable, and more divine than humanity was ever allowed to know in the past. At most, they betrayed the true essence and divine secret that is hidden in plain sight.

That question must be answered by each and every individual. For myself I will stand tall with my head held high, and a smile on my face, because I know I have tried to be the best human being possible under the circumstance that have been forced upon me. God himself could ask for no more.

Angels, well, I guess you just have to love them.

Interesting, not one naysayer has appeared to muddy the subject, yet. In time I suppose.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JessicaDarksorth

how do we know for sure? can we really know for sure where their intentions lie?
Very good observation, excellent!

Seeing is believing! Looking at the turmoil the world is in presently its easy to see both are here influencing in both directions. I suppose just follow the advice given in ancient scriptures about the tree and its fruit. The only advice I would offer is that giving a tree too much fertilizer will surly kill the tree in time. So too with a human being, too much love will lead to the same fate.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well personally I do not know anyone who has ever said they "chatted with Michael the archangel yesterday," or ever. I would think that if people do encounter angels, it would not be for idle chit chat, and would be at a time of severe crisis or something like that. I don't really know though. I do believe that angels exist, and that they are simply one form of the supernatural world that also exists. I think that the paranormal world that exists "beyond" our physical world is somehow directly tied in with God, religion, and even angels. And although one does not usually associate ghosts and angels with the same non-physical "world," I believe that they are somehow very much related. There are so many questions I wish I had the answers to, and this topic itself has raised many unanswered questions for me.

Anyway, apparently you are religious. I am guessing Christian. And I also take from your post that you do not believe a person can "stand before an angel," as people are somehow not good enough or are too sinful or weak. Well I say that you are wrong, and that for a religious person, you sure do not know the Bible very well. For the Bible gives multiple instances of encounters with angels, and the people spoke with them just as if the angel were actually a physical human being. The account of Mary immediately comes to mind, when the angel informed her that she would have a child, and not just any child, but the King of the Jews, as it were.

And whether the users reading this believe in religion or the Bible is irrelevant. The fact is that the OP obviously does is what is relevant, because he/she has gotten it wrong from my point of view. Maybe I misread your thread though, as I did have a hard time following it for some reason. Your ideas seemed a little jumbled in my opinion, although others may disagree, and although I do not mean any disrespect or ill-intent, I think you are wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join