It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really stand before an Angel ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My intention is not to take away or belittle anyone's encounter, but,at the angels appearing ,unless you find yourself trembling on your knees in reverence, mumbling " what have I done?have mercy on me." because of the Holiness that emanates ,stripping all facades and feeling open and laid bare,realizing your heart is ugly and full of darkness and pride, shamed that you have not admitted and dealt with it much earlier.and compared to this shining glorious "created servant being" that Apostles have mistaken for the Messiah himself , you understandably sense your true self absorbed practice of sharing with those who will listen to your ascended sprituality.IMHO, I doubt you have entertained an Angel who has stood in the shining Holy glory of a thousand suns before the Most High.
Sounds dramatic.
Most probably its many more times dramatic than language can describe.
When I hear someone say offhandedly "Oh,I met with the angel Michael yesterday and had a chat"
I squint my eyes ,cock my head and say " really."

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

I know "The Prophecy" is just a movie but I always found these lines interesting;

"Have you ever noticed in the Bible that whenever God wanted someone punished, or whenever God needed a killing, He sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? The whole of existence spent praising your God with one wing dipped in blood? Would you ever want to see an angel?"

Or this line;

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mothers watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls. And the one thing you can count on, from now to kingdom come, is never understanding why."

There may be some truth in these statements.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/27.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

No, I don't think we can. Supposedly Angels are described is incredibly unappealing to the human eye, I've also heard them spoke of as massive energy storms of sort. I imagine they would something much like this.

Considering these types of energy clouds only exist in interstellar space.... Not a chance.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xzorter
My intention is not to take away or belittle anyone's encounter, but,at the angels appearing ,unless you find yourself trembling on your knees in reverence, mumbling " what have I done?have mercy on me." because of the Holiness that emanates ,stripping all facades and feeling open and laid bare,realizing your heart is ugly and full of darkness and pride, shamed that you have not admitted and dealt with it much earlier.and compared to this shining glorious "created servant being" that Apostles have mistaken for the Messiah himself , you understandably sense your true self absorbed practice of sharing with those who will listen to your ascended sprituality.IMHO, I doubt you have entertained an Angel who has stood in the shining Holy glory of a thousand suns before the Most High.
Sounds dramatic.
Most probably its many more times dramatic than language can describe.
When I hear someone say offhandedly "Oh,I met with the angel Michael yesterday and had a chat"

Dear Xzorter,

Angels are not holy and many are in fact fallen. Angels may have free will; but, they are also more single minded and see in black and white. It is said that Satan was the most beautiful of all angels and it turns out he was also deceitful and full of lies. The description you give of meeting angels is closer to the description of people's contact with God, not angels. IMHO. Peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Awesome lines.
I think you are on to what it might be like.
That one line "one wing dipped in blood"

I lived in England a few years.
Second best country onnthe planet .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Yes, as I understand it there are fallen angels, but was referring to the other two thirds who didn't rebel.
And yes, from what I have learned that an encounter is probably as close to God as I will ever get,
But yes , I believe I describe an angel, not God.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Of course we could stand before an angle. David declared (paraphrased) that who are we that God created man a little above the angles. This is actually the literal interpretation. The people that interpreted the verse were too scared to write in the KJ bible what it really said. They feared that if they did they would be imprisoned.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Very interesting. An energy storm, yeah that's a unique description and thought provoking.
Thanks for that great picture!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by AQuestion

Yes, as I understand it there are fallen angels, but was referring to the other two thirds who didn't rebel.
And yes, from what I have learned that an encounter is probably as close to God as I will ever get,
But yes , I believe I describe an angel, not God.

Dear Xzorter,

But, the Old Testament says that God is in everything, that all is his creation. How can being around an angel make you any closer to God than being with the totality of his creation? You must ask why it says that one day angels will be commanded by humans. Why would God allow that, heck, want that, if they were as perfect as you presume them to be? It says that none are good; but, God.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sawman

Yes sawman, I think that if it is our time and our heart and motives are pure ( maybe like David) we can certainly stand before an angel.
Thanks for that scripture, it brought some insight to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If you believe in angles then you probably believe in the God of the bible. Right? Would you stand before someone who was created lower than you? No! If they are this powerful then God must have given us power to command then. Read the original Hebrew test for a surprise.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You know angles were not given a free will. We were! All angles do as they are told. If they don't then they are cast out of heaven. We do as we decide.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Let me add one more comment. This to me is a mystery. Since we have free will and the angles don't what do we get in exchange? Disease, depression, sickness..etc. What a great gift..this free will. Uh Oh out of cancer sticks and brew. Oh well I choose not to worry.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Come on don't let this thread die. I am really searching for answers and I am waiting for someone to reply. There has to be a rebuttal.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Awesome lines.
I think you are on to what it might be like.
That one line "one wing dipped in blood"

I lived in England a few years.
Second best country onnthe planet .

I lived in South Africa for a few years and worked for the military/CI (directly and indirectly) in national security infrastructure and weapons development programs, so I can relate to the first line.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sawman

Dear sawman,

You ask to keep the thread alive so I will respond. You also said that angels did not have free will. If that is true then how do you explain Satan's choice?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

There are 2 levels of heirarchy with YHWH.

Level 1: YHWH
Level 2: Everything else

From amoebas to angels and zebras to zetas, we are all on the same level.

Remember that on Judgement Day, it is us mortals that will stand in front of YHWH giving evidence as to why angels should rise or fall.

So if a angel willingly has a chat on a 1-to-1 basis with mortals, then YHWH will not clip his wings.

Angels are powerful. However, from YHWH's viewpoint, an angel servant is no different to a mortal servant who puts their fates on the line guiding lost sinners back to YHWH's everlasting love.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
yes you stand before an Angel

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
wwwwwwwww

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Wow! That's some good stuff !
What a great understanding of the servants of the Most High.
It is really inspiring to ponder the plan and live it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join