It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot, the real giant in North American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've always "believed" in bigfoot, by "believed'" I mean, I've been a skeptic, because no remains have been found and all the other lack of evidence, but I have had a personal bigfoot experience and I couldn't reconsile the two.
Well just now I was browsing a blog,
johnhawks.net...
It's a real good anthropology blog and I found this

A press release claims the recovery of Sasquatch DNA:

“Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA withinits genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.”

This has been developing for a while. Until I see the data, I am withholding judgment. One benefit of the world of genetics as opposed to traditional anthropology: The original sequence data must be made available to the public. No data, no discovery.

For this guy to talk about it at all makes it intruiging
From the original article

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.

The source

www.prweb.com...

This is impossibly exciting stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The reason I posted it here instead of the cryptozoology section is that I intend to discuss how this hybrid influenced the development of native Americans and how it now calls for re examination of some discounted early sites like calico hills and pendejo cave.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well,according to the"report" some unknown primate male may have possibly mated with a homo sapien female.
What unknown primate would that be?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So here's a Miwok( central California foothill Indians) myth about ya yali the giant,

The Giant walked from below. He shouted as he journeyed up the mountain, shouted all of the way. He shouted to the people as he searched for them, shouted all around the hills.

Chipmunk answered him. Chipmunk told the people that someone was coming up the mountain shouting. "Perhaps he comes to tell us something," said Chipmunk. "I shall meet him." Chipmunk said to his wife, "I think your brother comes. I shall meet him, for I think he comes.

It was raining heavily when Chipmunk went to meet the newcomer. Chipmunk called to him, "Come, tell us who you are." The Giant answered Chipmunk by saying, "There is my meat." Chipmunk again answered the Giant's call, for he thought that his brother-in-law was coming.

Chipmunk at last realized that the newcomer was not his brother-in-law, and he said to himself, "I have found someone. I have met someone. He is not my brother-in-law." When Chipmunk saw the burden basket on the back of the Giant, he knew that he was not his brother-in-law. Chipmunk said to himself, "I do not think I will go anywhere now. I do not think I will be able to reach home." Just then the Giant approached him and asked him where he was going. Chipmunk replied, "My assembly house is over there." The Giant said, "Go ahead and I will go with you."

Upon arriving at the house, Chipmunk told the Giant to enter ahead of him, while he obtained wood and built a fire. The Giant insisted, however, that Chipmunk take the lead, saying that he was not a member of the family. "You are the owner of the house," said the, Giant. "You lead into your own house. I am not the owner of it." Chipmunk demurred and asked the Giant to go ahead. "Take the lead, or you will freeze," he said to the Giant. "You have been in the rain and have become wet. I will build a fire for you."

Chipmunk's insistence was of no avail. Again the Giant said, "You take the lead. You are the owner of the house." Then Chipmunk, to save further argument, led the way into the house. The

And

Giant followed him. As they approached the door, the Giant reached into his basket, securing a stone. He threw the stone at Chipmunk, striking him on the back and killing him.

After he had killed Chipmunk, the Giant told Chipmunk's wife to help him bring in the meat. He then made himself at home and married Chipmunk's widow. He cooked Chipmunk, the owner of the house, whom he had killed. He told his new wife to eat of Chipmunk's flesh after he had cooked it. She said, "You eat it." The Giant insisted, "You eat it, you eat it."

After the Giant left the house, his wife (Chipmunk's widow) dug a hole in the ground. She placed in the hole her daughter by Chipmunk. She fed the little girl with deer meat.

The Giant returned at sundown. He had in his basket many people, whom he had killed. When he entered the house, he said to his wife, "We will not starve. We have plenty of meat." The woman told the Giant to eat the human flesh himself. She cooked deer meat for herself. She ate the deer meat. The Giant ate the people whom he had killed.

The Giant's wife cooked deer meat, with which she fed her daughter, whom she had hidden in the pit. She did not wish the Giant to see her daughter, for fear that he might eat her.

As the Giant departed the next morning, he said to his wife, "You have a better husband than you had before. He obtains more meat than your former husband, Chipmunk. I go now to get you more meat." He proceeded into the hills in search of more people. He told his wife before he left, that he would be back at sundown. As he departed he rolled a big boulder against the door, so that his wife might not escape. He rolled large boulders against both ends of the assembly house, and also one over the smoke hole at the top of the assembly house, where the smoke emerges. He closed the doors tightly with large boulders. After he had closed the doors, he went into the hills, to capture more victims. He returned with a load of people in his basket. He had captured many large, fat people for his wife. He rolled the boulders aside, and entered the house.

While he was away, his wife had cooked deer meat. The Giant wished to feed his wife upon fat people. He told her to eat the flesh of fat people. She said, "Yes,'' but instead she ate deer meat. The Giant thought that she ate the fat people, but instead she ate deer meat. He threw away some of the human flesh, because he could not eat it all. Again he obtained more fat people and cooked them. He

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It was bill clinton, on his pre election years,
they say music sooth's the savage beast,
he was good with a saxophone...

interesting thread, i am in the same boat as the op,
i belive they do exist, and are a branch of our past.

Interesting to see where this thread goes, thanks for
posting op, i will follow close.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982,
Well,according to the"report" some unknown primate male may have possibly mated with a homo sapien female.

That kdog is the real question
In the last few days I've been browsing a couple of anthroblogs, that have been making a case for a north American homonin.

le that Denisova Cave tells us a story of modern human origins from an East Eurasian hominin, a relative of Neandertals and Denisovans, who speciated into “us” in an isolated refugium such as America and then migrated back into the Old World (see out-of-America II). As early humans were migrating west to Europe and Africa, they lost some of that hominin ancestry and, in Africa, mixed with local archaics who contributed ancestral chimp alleles into a gene pool that had previously been largely composed of derived, or “modern,” as it were, alleles.

anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10

In the last few days I've been browsing a couple of anthroblogs, that have been making a case for a north American homonin.

le that Denisova Cave tells us a story of modern human origins from an East Eurasian hominin, a relative of Neandertals and Denisovans, who speciated into “us” in an isolated refugium such as America and then migrated back into the Old World (see out-of-America II). As early humans were migrating west to Europe and Africa, they lost some of that hominin ancestry and, in Africa, mixed with local archaics who contributed ancestral chimp alleles into a gene pool that had previously been largely composed of derived, or “modern,” as it were, alleles.

Nice find!
But do those ,and I presume they do,have that same dna to compare with?

Although all of this is highly speculative,I feel some research data has been held back pending "peer" review.
Not just the bigfoot one.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Nice find!
But do those ,and I presume they do,have that same dna to compare with?

Although all of this is highly speculative,I feel some research data has been held back pending "peer" review.
Not just the bigfoot one.

That's just a snippet of the summary of the analysis of a published study.
It was a thorough sequencing of denisovan DNA, not the bigfoot DNA
But it is further evidence for a north American species of early homonin.
Honestly, I've had my whole view changed in the last month, with respect to human origins.
From pygmies in Brazil to north American origins for polynesians.

edit on 27-11-2012 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Like I said in my opening post, I've had personal bigfoot experiences,
the most profound was while on a mtb ride in the high sierra Nevada mtns, about 15 miles up a 4wd trail.
Although I did not actually see him his tracks crossed over those of my friends who were 100 yrd ahead.
And I could hear it moving through the underbrush when I stopped to look at the track, that went for several yards down the trail.
On the super fine silt of the late summer sierra, he left an amazing track, I'm a size 10 shoe and the footprint was a good 6 inches longer than mine and had a very straight across toe profile, with the toes being very splayed
The fine silt allowed for such a fine print tehat the lines showed on the bottom of the foot and toes.
If it wasn't for the 3 hr round trip back to the nearest town, I would have gotten some plaster and taken a cast.
But alas, there big 4wd poker run on that trail, and came came across us as we were looming at the tracks.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I think I know which of my primate friends was hanging around with that girl. Don't worry, he's in jail for six months for starting a fight in a bar. how did they get ahold of his kids DNA?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'd wait for the actual report to be issued - deem me skeptical on this one

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
I'd wait for the actual report to be issued - deem me skeptical on this one

Hey hans,
I can appreciate the caution on this, I eagerly await the published paper, the fact it has been submitted for peer review is a giant step in this venue of study.
I will admit that I have some what of a bias in this regard, as I have personally seen fresh footprints, scat, and hair. For years I have struggled with this dicotomy, I know that it exists, but can't find any evidence.
I grew up, basically a " country kid" , I hunted and fished roamed the mountains of central cal and am quite familair with all the large mammals in my region, and none of them could possibly leave the fresh track we followed, in several different locations along the trail, that was laid down on top of my friends tracks.
I can appreciate the skepticism Hans, two months ago I would have been in your camp, but like I mentioned earlier, I found a couple of anthroblogs, that raised some very valid questions.
One of the blogs discusses published peer reviewed papers in genetics, and anthropology, dentition among other fields of study. You will find an educated and spirited discussion on many of
the papers reviewed.

The first article on that page , is doozy and helps explain a few things about eurasian people.
I highly recomend reading through the articles.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Don't know if you've been there already, but take a look at this thread on the topic, and where it has gone in regard to Dr. Ketchum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I eagerly await the published paper, the fact it has been submitted for peer review is a giant step in this venue of study.

It has been submitted for peer review? This article dated yesterday says otherwise:

So where's the evidence? Well, there is none. Not yet, anyway: Ketchum's research has not appeared in any peer-reviewed scientific journal, and there's no indication when that might happen. If the data are good and the science is sound, any reputable science journal would jump at the chance to be the first to publish this groundbreaking information. Until then, Ketchum has refused to let anyone else see her evidence.

news.discovery.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

I eagerly await the published paper, the fact it has been submitted for peer review is a giant step in this venue of study.

It has been submitted for peer review? This article dated yesterday says otherwise:

So where's the evidence? Well, there is none. Not yet, anyway: Ketchum's research has not appeared in any peer-reviewed scientific journal, and there's no indication when that might happen. If the data are good and the science is sound, any reputable science journal would jump at the chance to be the first to publish this groundbreaking information. Until then, Ketchum has refused to let anyone else see her evidence.

news.discovery.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

It says in the first line of the article,

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

We will,just have to wait, and its not the first bigfoot DNA studied, there have been a couple of other unpublished studies that point to an unknown primate.

new topics

top topics

join