It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They know who we are

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hidden0

Just from reading the first few replies, it's obvious that even people who think they're keen on the subject don't "get it"." never having used your actual personal information doesn't protect you from being pinpointed. Even if your real name has never touched the internet, the location of your computer has (if you use your own on the net.) if you use a sMrtphone, every bit of information you used to set up your service is now "out there." or if you use a prepaid phone, but bu your usage card using a bankcard, etc. The OP is talking about relational databases, where disparate bits of information, spread far and wide, are used, beyond human thinking ability, to tie information together. It is almost mind-boggling how far of a stretch can be made between items to arrive at the correct outcome.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

You're right about that... Even the tools I use to stop websites from tracking me, are tracking me and selling that information to the highest bidders.

There isn't much you can do. Somewhere, somehow, if you use modern technology you're being tracked.

The best you can do is try and manage that tracking as much as possible.

Tablets and smartphones? Good luck, they are the future of computing without options. There is no way of managing what information is leaked off of them.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I recently recieved my BS in Network Security, and during my course of study I learned everything about packet sniffing, data mining, "man in the middle", spoofing, IT corporate relationships with government agencies, etc... That last one was from instructors of mine who actually work for the FedGov. The point is that you have three choices here... 1) Don't go on-line 2) Go online and frivously try to stay anonymous, or 3) not give a damn if you are being watched. I choose the 3rd option... in fact I hope they read everything I say online so that they know how much I detest them. I could care less

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you are concerned about your online presence giving you away, try going to this website:

panopticlick.eff.org...

It measures how unique your browser is, and there are some pieces of advice as to how to get around being all that unique.

If you think that being non-unique is a great thing, use Internet Explorer with the most common defaults set as your primary browser all the time, and take a wild guess at who hackers attack the most on the net.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What do you think the extra pairs in the CAT5/6 are for?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hidden0

google? psh, its not needed...besides there are a ton of ways of being anonymous, im a bit surprise you didnt include them in your list.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by hidden0

I am protected from that, they might believe that they know who I am but I am not who they think I am....therefore I am not.(but I am).

And one more thing I am on the safest place in the world...on ATS.

Interesting that you say we are safe here, yet Ghostery reports that the ATS home page has 7 trackers, and this post has 12.

Not as bad as some, dailymail.co.uk homepage only has 7 trackers today, but I've seen some of their stories have as many as 24.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
They will know who you the minute you sign a contract with any given ISP lol. If you paid with a credit card which most make you do anyways or at least a check? You already narrowed down the list of ISP for them anyways if they wanted to "hack" you what ever that is anymore, lol

Not to mention the sheer volume of tracking capabilities and now a profiling software. You would have to change locations of wifi, use a different device every time at different locations and most likely have to ditch or do complete wipe of anything with memory capability, phones are completely useless(even the throw away phones and trac phone types), as they can be used against you even if they are off. Plus make sure its a location with no cameras on site. Any product you are using cannot have any geo tracking capabilities what so ever.

It really doesn't matter. If you are worried about them reading text and emails, well they just came out and are proposing to make law, not have to use warrant for that said purpose lol, if you are worried because you like to do something they may or may not be illegal, well. Most of the laws are set up now to fine/imprison the ip name holder. So the defense of how do you know it wasn't me at the computer . Someone could have broken in and used my computer. Most of the cases I have read the judge threw out those types of defense and ended up fining even small families.

There will be no anonymity in the near future, global leaders and the UN will make sure of that including our own president. For every way there is to hide, there is a way to find.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
welcome to 1984.... remember.. ,big brother is watching YOU ..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chadnowawake

Interesting that you say we are safe here, yet Ghostery reports that the ATS home page has 7 trackers, and this post has 12.
Maybe from outside to inside but from inside to outside never,even if they will pray to be from the inside I can guarantee you that will never happen.

And you'll never know the reason why!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join