It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn moon looks artificial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Having seen countless images of moons in the solar system, I was shocked when I saw this image,taken by the Cassini probe. Every airless body in the solar system is absolutely pulverized with craters. If you look at any of the moons in the outer solar system, except for possibly Titan and Europa, their surfaces are heavily cratered. Even the smaller moons are. So I was somewhat at odds when looking at this image of the Saturnian moon Methone. Methone is approximately 2 Km in diameter and roughly egg shaped. Its quite possibly just naturally smooth but its intriguing since there seem to be no craters on it at all.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a pic of Hyperion, and you can see quite a contrast in surface.

sciencevspseudoscience.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 27-11-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's tiny, the chances of anything hitting it are slim.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Quite possibly too small to create any form of gravitational pull to objects coming close to it, however, very interesting and thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Come on, you guys, this is the alien and UFO forum. Where's your sense of imagination? It looks artificial because it's made of an alien metal. It is used as a supply depot and quarters for the pilots flying their craft around our solar system.

It's the only thing like it in the system so that it can be easily found when giving directions to alien dignitaries and visitors to our system.

I don't see how that's not obvious with just a glance.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is actually an inhabited moon.... inhabited by space chickens. This is where they come from answering the age old question "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Clearly the egg came first. Mystery solved. Boy I'd like an omelet right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Maybe it is what Phobos looked like when Phobos was first built.
It certainly looks pristine! Makes a person wonder how it was created and what its composition is. Thanks for making us aware! I will spend some time looking around and see what info there is out there. However, if someone else has already looked please share with us.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's Mork.

On first glance, it resembles an egg to me. Maybe it's because of gravitational pull, as suggested before, that nothing has hit it. But the 2nd looks like coral, or volcanic rock, it's been hit so many times. I would think the sheer odds would have the egg moon hit by something, somewhere, eventually....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I found this to be interesting. Chronos, the father of Zeus, Poseidon, etc. is represented by Saturn right?

In the Orphic cosmogony the unageing Chronos produced Aither and Chaos, and made a silvery egg in the divine Aither. It produced the bisexual god Phanes, who gave birth to the first generation of gods and is the ultimate creator of the cosmos.

Chronos

Sometimes you have to ask yourself did the ancient humans know something more than we give them credit for?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Methone is approximately 2 Km in diameter.................since there seem to be no craters on it at all.

the pic [ of methone ] you use is of too low resolution to determine the extent of surface cratering

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

mork from ork on his way

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here is another Moon of Saturn -- Mimas -- which was built by Darth Vader:

Mimas

As Obi-Wan Kenobi said "That's no moon"

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It does look artificial. Cool post.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hey, thanks for the pictures - the smooth egg is quite unusual - aren't asteroids kind of pock-marked too? And they are not often very large. I certainly don't know. I will defer to the astrophysicist types on this one, for sure.

Anyway - I absolutely love being able to see Saturn's moons. I remember when all we got was pics of our own moon and of earth from the moon. Now...well...its just amazing.

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Many objects in this Solar System are artificial. It is only natural.
edit on 28/11/12 by Cybernet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Or then again................it could be covered in a gas?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Not if it's that small it couldn't. But yeah, the first picture is way to low resolution to tell anything about it really.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subterranean13

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Not if it's that small it couldn't. But yeah, the first picture is way to low resolution to tell anything about it really.

Yeah. I think it is possible that a higher-res picture may show craters or other features that can't be seen in this low-res image.

edit on 11/29/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

join