It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Investigations on Channel 4 : New UK Documentary Series

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thing is with most shows like this, is they get some well known scientist to argue why Aliens don'y exist, and then some unemployed tin hat wearing drunk to argue why they do exist.

Still, I will watch it. Beats watching Superman II.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
i can't see this going well as all of those displayed alien creatures are earth animals, this is widely known and has been for some time. It'll be the usual UK TV show making believers look stupid.

Looks like you was right ceetee it was just rehash of old 'alien' news most (if not all) already debunked nothing new was brought to the table.

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Don't forget the show is on tonight at 8:00pm

Thanks for the reminder EnigmaAgent ive been away for the weekend so never watched it until yesterday plus i couldnt get to a PC...you done the work for me ..so cheers

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
I totally forgot about this, thanx for the headsup.

Youre welcome wlasikiewicz .- the first episode wasnt great so not sure what the rest is going to be like.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
seriously?
the video of the UFO in Peru is just the filmer moving the camera around erratically and the alien he photographed? come on its just light reflection

i actually thought we were heading in the right direction to disclosure in the past 12 months, looks like that took a U-Turn!!! realy dissapointed in this show anyone that may never have looked into this subject is certainly not going to be interested in looking into now!

edit on 2-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your feedback GezinhoKiko..the first episode was terrible and yes UFO video with a white blob moving around erratically on blue background was probably the worst UFO video ive seen in a long time.

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
awful. awful. awful.
Started watching it, but the first few items on the show are all proven hoaxes (You

can find the relevant threads here on ATS)
They MUST have researchers working for these shows/TV channels, so they MUST be aware that the featured items have been proven as fake, so why bother to broadcast it??
To mis-inform perhaps? To muddy the waters? To open the entire subject up to ridicule?
Typical mainstream media handling of this topic; sensationalise the subject matter, and make sure that none of the featured items are actually real. Anyone watching who wants to dig deeper finds out that they're all fake, and naturally starts to think that this subject is just FULL of fakes. Load of nonsense. Job done. Sickening.
Rant over!
GTD

Your rant is justified Gordi The Drummer and thanks but come on the first episode is about 'alien' creatures and i already pointed out in my OP which creatures so is at all surprising that its pile of poo ?

This is not the first Alien/UFO (or going to be the last) documentary series thats sensationalise the subject of UFOs and Aliens and to a degree ridicule it. I just hope..knowing what its like..there might be a little gem of story if we can get past the BS some where down the line.

I totally understand yours and other posters feelings but i for one will keep watching besides i dont have cable/satellite TV so dont really have much choice.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie
Alien Investigations is a new series showing on Channel 4 Sunday 2nd December at 8pm.

According to the website the first episode is about 'alien creatures' most of which is old news to ATSers and as far i can tell is about 3 dead animals and an ancient mummy but thats just my opinion.

Heres what the website had to say :

On a small ranch in the Mexican town of Metepec, a mysterious 'baby alien' was discovered in 2007 in a rat trap. Its bizarre appearance and the sound it was making were said to be 'unlike anything of this world'. Reports on the internet claim that the Metepec Creature's body has an unknown structure and contains human DNA deep inside its cells.

Alien Investigations gains unrivalled access to the creature's body, and using cutting edge science, advanced scanning technology and DNA testing, seeks to finally resolve this five-year-old mystery.

The programme also charts: the remarkable series of events when three 'alien-like' creatures washed up in 2008 and 2009 on the south coast of Long Island, New York, known as the 'Montauk Monsters'; the Cusco Mummy with an elongated head found by an anthropologist in the Peruvian Andes; and the Panamanian 'Blue Hill Monster', seen by four teenage boys whose camera phone images exploded over the internet.

Im hoping this programme has something new to bring to the table and fingers crossed some good episodes down the line but for those who need a reminder on whats covered in the first episode ive provided some pics and links.

Metepec Creature

Montauk Monster

Blue Hill Monster

Cusco Mummy

So is anyone going to watching this series ?

The first episode of this series was about 'alien creatures' unfortunately the show had nothing new to add and and was just rehash of old news that has already been debunked years ago so unless youre new to this i cant really recommend it.

The show had few dodgy UFO videos, CGI aliens, and some blind believers but is obvious meant for Sunday night entertainment so not to be taken seriously.

I personally we'll keep watching hopefully (wishful thinking most would say) there might be something interesting to post up for debate...in the meantime 'dont shoot the messenger' its not like you havent been warned and please check the links ive provided as those so called 'alien creatures' have already been discussed in detail on ATS..cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie

Your rant is justified Gordi The Drummer and thanks but come on the first episode is about 'alien' creatures...

Thanks anomalie, but the episode in question is entitled "Alien Investigations"
The Oxford dictionary definition of "investigation" is as follows:

Definition of investigation: noun [mass noun] the action of investigating something or someone; formal or systematic examination or research:

Systematic examination or research??
Misleading episode title I think!

Good luck with finding a gem in there... Please let us know if you do? That would be fantastic.

PS - I haven't got cable or satellite TV either! (Just a freeview unit which I lovingly refer to as... "Council Telly" !)
edit on 4-12-2012 by Gordi The Drummer because: to correctly identify external quote

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

No argument
let me recommend probably the last good UFO documentary series on mainstream UK TV called Britains Closest Encounters on Channel 5 back in 2008.

For choose who missed the first episode of Alien Investigations and would like to watch its up for 27 days on 4OD (4 On Demand).
edit on 4-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
According to Channel 4 its not a series but just a one off programme so no further episodes of Alien Investigations.

I'm sure this news is welcomed by many and is not necessarily a bad thing judging by the quailty of the programme.

Oh well let down by Conspiracy Road Trip : UFOs and Alien Investigations both of these programmes shown on mainstream UK TV ...makes me wonder when are we going to see a serious one on UFOs.

edit on 9-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

Thanks for that link anomalie - I hadn't seen that one before and thoroughly enjoyed it!

MSM usually suck when it comes to this subject matter. I actually think that they deliberately show fake and hoax items, so that if anyone does look into it a bit further - they find out that it's fake, and by association come to believe that all reports of such events/objects must be fake.

The real question is.... why?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
reply to post by anomalie

Thanks for that link anomalie - I hadn't seen that one before and thoroughly enjoyed it!

MSM usually suck when it comes to this subject matter. I actually think that they deliberately show fake and hoax items, so that if anyone does look into it a bit further - they find out that it's fake, and by association come to believe that all reports of such events/objects must be fake.

The real question is.... why?

Why ? ....is very good question.

Over 70 years of ufology and dozens of great cases involving many credible eye witnesses - miltary and civilian, photographic & video, radar and trace evidence and this is the best Channel 4 could come up with ?

Hmm why indeed....

Strictly speaking UFOs and Aliens are separate subjects but not in popular cultures mind and as you point out by association the whole subject will be dismissed as a joke which is a damn shame.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
PheonixOD has done a good job of presenting information from Alien Investigations show about the Metepec Creature - for those who are interested click here

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join