It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do With $500 million Dollars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I got my 10 picks tonight for the powerball lottery set to be picked tomorrow,Wednesday,Nov. 28,2012.

So,if I take that cash option,that would be about $327 million.
After the feds take they're 25% and my state takes out 6%,I would be left with about $225 million.

I think I could squeeze out a living on that,but it might be tough.

In reality ,I would of course take care of family and friends.

I would definitely look into charities but would consider my own charity, specifically disaster relief.

But,of course,I have but only before 12-21-12,so I would buy an ark or bombshelter.

So,what would you do?

www.powerball.com...
edit on 27-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would plough millions into food banks, and build a few hundred wells out in the driest parts of the world. I would then set up an anti debt charity, to help those that are struggling most.

S&F
edit on 27-11-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Honestly? Give 99.9% of it away. I have some bills to pay.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Buy Gold. I would put at least $200 million into gold. I would then make a sizable donation to charity.
edit on 27-11-2012 by braane1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I would buy my own island in the Seychelles and tell uncle sam to kiss my anal orifice with tongue.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Charity....perhaps build a kickass bunker....and maybe even buy my very own politician. I hear they are quite the fashion these days.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The first check goes to the IRS. Next, I'd give 90% to charity. Then, I would disappear.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I wonder if you could start an limited liability corporation on a island away from the US before claiming the ticket.

I noticed many winners doing that,not away from the US ,but starting a trust or LLC.

Maybe I would call ole Mitt Romney for advice,eh?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Buy myself a huge island, have construction workers build an exotic home on that island, and relocate my closest kin there.

Anything is better than the dwindling economy of America.

Oh, and once I'm there, I'll grow tons of edible fruits and send them to countries that need them.

@DarthMuerte, that's quite a vivid picture you just painted >_

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
Charity....perhaps build a kickass bunker....and maybe even buy my very own politician. I hear they are quite the fashion these days.

Why build one when you can buy one on the cheap and have it spec out for you?

www.missilebases.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

of course I immediately bookmarked that site. Lottery or not.....those are worth looking into.
edit on 27-11-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'd give a lot of it away. I simply do not need $500 million, but I'd be careful how that happened. Just giving money to people doesn't solve their problems. You've got to give in a way that let's people remove themselves from dependancy. Don't just give them fish; teach them how to fish so they can get fish anytime they want--kind of a thing.

i actually think to win that thing would be way more trouble than you can imagine, Be careful what you ask for. You'd have to go into hiding immediately. Everyone would be banging at your door, writing you their personal sob stories. History shows that people don't always handle this well. So I did not buy a ticket.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I'd give a lot of it away. I simply do not need $500 million, but I'd be careful how that happened. Just giving money to people doesn't solve their problems. You've got to give in a way that let's people remove themselves from dependancy. Don't just give them fish; teach them how to fish so they can get fish anytime they want--kind of a thing.

i actually think to win that thing would be way more trouble than you can imagine, Be careful what you ask for. You'd have to go into hiding immediately. Everyone would be banging at your door, writing you their personal sob stories. History shows that people don't always handle this well. So I did not buy a ticket.

You are right,money, that brings big trouble.
Don't think I will be announcing it,that's for sure.

But free energy and food and water would be a priority in helping humanity in need.
Education and resources would help many.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'd put a thousand people on Mars

Best hope for humanity's future.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The really odd thing to me is that even with that much money you wouldn't even make a dent in the Forbes 400 richest people in America list. the entry level for that being over $1billion at the moment.
We have had some pretty good ideas for helping people in this thread so far, so I have to ask myself why the heck aren't any of those 400 people doing any of that stuff?

I wonder how many people would stick to their ideals if you actually put the money in their hands
edit on 27/11/12 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What Would You Do With $500 million Dollars?

Anything I want.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

When I win
I will suddenly find relatives that I didn't know
I had.I would pay off all of our debts,our kids' debts,my husband
would finally retire.
I would buy a big motorhome and travel across the country.I would
have a really nice cabin in the woods.Put some money into a bank
account for our old age.Give the rest to the Lord!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Now that I think about it, if I were to obtain that amount of money, I would only want to make more....sadly.

But I would still farm fruit for countries in need of fruit.

More fruit for everyone!
edit on 11/27/12 by Philosorapter because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/27/12 by Philosorapter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would buy the company I work for.

Then, I would fire all of the morans that I can't stand there.

Then, I would resell it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

i believe for some gambling is an addiction. For others and Illusion. But without doubt it is a false hope. And Lottery is gambling.
Still if I were to play this game, and win. I would pay off all of my bills. Set aside only enough to live on for a simple few years and give the remaining 99+ percent to the homeless. I would keep nothing else.
In short. I do not desire nor do I wish to be rich. I already have everything I need, and near 100% of that is spiritual. It will benefit no man to gain the entire world, and loose his soul.
DH

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join