It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Your Best Shot: The Moon Landings Were A HOAX!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Then why do you kick sand on people when you walk on the beach? Because the tip of your shoes dig into the sand slightly when you step, and when you swing your feet forward the sand goes flying forward. I spent enough time on the beach growing up to realize that when you walk on a beach, you kick sand, even without trying to. When you jump on a beach, you're going to kick sand, even without trying to. And you're not going to jump backwards.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Now.. if you jumped and landed in some nice fine powder, and were then pulled up back up, well then you would kick up a ton of dust.. just like the video. And you wouldn't bend your knees too much or expend that much effort either...

Except that the dust would billow and hang in the air, unlike the dust in the video.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Have you ever been to a beach?

Yes I have many times.

Also, why do you think the astronaut was being pulled on a wire?

Umm.. that's what it looks like, and as hard as it is for you to stomach, that's the best explanation I can come up with as to why he kicks up dust the way he does.. again, physics doesn't lie.

Also, if he were being pulled forward by a wire, why does he turn to face the camera at the end of the sequence?

I don't know, I would guess for the shot. Any mechanism like the one I suggested would have some play in it to allow for free motion on the part of the astronaut. I don't see how his turning this way or that disproves the allegation.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Okay now you are being stupid.. Dust kicked into the air, whether it was from pulling or jumping would hang in the "air" the same amount of time. Come on DJ, at least make sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Then why do you kick sand on people when you walk on the beach?

Our astronaut is not walking. If you don't see what is in front of your face then we will just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Have you ever been to a beach?

Yes I have many times.

And what happens when you jump and land. Which way does the sand fly?

Also, why do you think the astronaut was being pulled on a wire?

Umm.. that's what it looks like, and as hard as it is for you to stomach, that's the best explanation I can come up with as to why he kicks up dust the way he does.. again, physics doesn't lie.

I see. But it doesn't look like that to me at all. I agree that physics doesn't lie, that's why the dust travels in parabolic arcs in the direction that the astronaut's motion impels it.

Also, if he were being pulled forward by a wire, why does he turn to face the camera at the end of the sequence?

I don't know, I would guess for the shot. Any mechanism like the one I suggested would have some play in it to allow for free motion on the part of the astronaut. I don't see how his turning this way or that disproves the allegation.

But if the wire were on his chest, one would be able to see how it is attached to the spacesuit when he turns toward the camera. In any event, why would they want to pull him on a wire? Remember, this brief clip is just one short part of a transmission lasting several minutes.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
And no, i do not believe there is any good reason for abstaining to swear on the bible if they actually DID go to the moon, especially when there is 5k attached, as well as the opportunity of shutting up most of the moon hoax-believers all in one fell swoop.

You can actually say with a straight face that this would shut up most of the hoax believers?

Why should they participate in this kind of harassment? I'm sure just about everyone here would refuse if confronted by someone demanding that they swear on a Bible.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Okay now you are being stupid.. Dust kicked into the air, whether it was from pulling or jumping would hang in the "air" the same amount of time. Come on DJ, at least make sense.

Exactly! The dust does not hang in the air in this video because there is no air!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

When you jump you push off the balls of your feet up and forward. Any dust being kicked up would go UP and BEHIND you. Your argument is invalid. You can scream that dust is kicked up in front of you when you jump all you want, it's simply not true.

What happens to the dust in front of you when you land?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ok here you go.. Here is a video of a guy running pretty full speed in some sand. Note the COMPLETE LACK of sand being kicked out in front of him until he starts to fall.. Dude just open your eyes, Physics Don't Lie!

The sand is kicked up behind him not in front.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
These debates always wind up long on minutiae and extremely short on the larger explanations about how this alleged hoax would have worked.

For just one example, how were the hundreds of hours of practically non-stop communication between mission control and the astronauts supposedly handled? Considering how many people were present at mission control including reporters and other outsiders. Is the claim that the communication between the astronauts and mission control during the tense landing of Apollo 11 all scripted?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Ok, now the "hoax-believers" are long on minutiae.

I personally believe we went to the moon. I believe that anywhere from 65 to 85% of what we are shown is actual footage from the moon.

But the devil is in the details, or the minutiae, if you will.

All these people that make it their mission in life to be NASA's yes-men on an internet forum are begging to be called out. Who does that?

The minutiae is what has been provided as evidence that "that particular" shot was HOAXED.

Prove it wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

smirk all you want, that's is weak and you know it. It is no way comparable.

Sprays of sand when someone jumps and lands, (and come on, "tiny" sprays of sand, that would be much bigger in the moon's 1/6th gravity), are not the same as "sprays" of sand when someone jumps initially. Apples and oranges my friend.
edit on 29-11-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The minutiae is what has been provided as evidence that "that particular" shot was HOAXED.

The devil is in the details. You have not provided any details. That sequence was part of a much longer transmission. You have not explained how the entire sequence was faked, beyond stating your opinion that it "looks like" he is being pulled on a wire. You have not explained why they would want to pull him on a wire, or what happens to the wire when he turns to face the camera.

Prove it wrong.

It's been proven wrong, you just don't understand why it's wrong. When the astronaut lands, the toes of his boots dig into the dust. When he jumps, the dust on the toe of his boots is thrust forward. Being less massive, the dust travels faster and further than the astronaut. As you keep saying, you can't argue with physics.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm not paying any attention to any of these debates about this or that photo not looking right. Been there, done that.

Let's start with the big picture: It is indisputable by any sane person that spacecraft manned by humans and capable of landing on the moon were launched into orbit from Florida.

So what happened next? How, for just one example, did they fake radio transmissions to Earth while on the way to the moon that were tracked by amateurs all over the globe?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's ironic that the technology needed to convincingly fake the moon landings exceeds that needed to actually go to the moon, and people still doubt.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It has not been proven wrong. You talk in circles because you don't know what else to say at this point.
You started a cute little thread and in the back of your mind you thought hehehe I'm gonna make all those "hoaxers" feel stupid, because everything you post, every person you reply to, you are focused on "proving yourself correct," and you get off on it because you know you are smart, but unfortunately you aren't as smart as you think. And when someone comes on your thread and threatens the little narrow worldview you associate with and that made you start the thread to begin with, besides the opportunity to show off your (supposed) intellect, you want to dismiss the evidence as "already proven", just because you say. You saying my assertion about jumping in dust is wrong doesn't prove it wrong, who in the # do you think you are? I gave video evidence SUPPORTING my assertion, you provided a video that didn't support anything, and now I am PROVEN wrong. Ha

HA

Go outside in the sand. Go to a golf course and get in a sandtrap, I don't care, but make a video of you jumping that DUPLICATES (albeit at a much higher gravity) those effects and THEN you will have proven it.

Until then it's just what I say and what you say.

Whatever man, do you like being a shill? Are you passionate about it?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

There are numerous theories and not all of them can co-exist in one reality.

so how about admitting which are fallacious ?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join