It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Your Best Shot: The Moon Landings Were A HOAX!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod

I mean to say that Kubrick filmed this on the moon. He was the secret passenger known as Passenger X.

So, I'm probably a fool for asking but is this tongue-in-cheek? Or do you actually believe it?

I've never obsessively dipped my wick into this debate but concerning the Kubrick claims: He was something of a public figure who was involved in various projects throughout the sixties. It would take some research but wouldn't be impossible to reconstruct his schedule and find the missing chunk where he was allegedly in the desert filming this, or more likely, discover that there was no way he could have done it. Has anyone ever tried this?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

I seem to recall that it was done in the mega moon hoax thread, but I can't locate the info... I think he was doing something in England at the time?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

It's really not rocket science to look at the evidence and understand it.

Yes apparently for you it IS rocket science, because you see the evidence with your own eyes, it has been presented, but you haven't understood, or you willfully ignored it to prop up your own worldview, which is actually more sad I think. Are you sad?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

The astronaut kicks up dust. The dust falls down opposite to the direction you contend the plane is inclined.

If indeed he was on a gravity simulator the dust would rapidly flow off to the right. It doesn't, it falls as if it is also under 1/6th gravity.

Theory: disproven.

I never "contended" the plane was inclined.

I said in the initial post that I hypothesize they used "some variation" of the gravity simulator.

You know what made me think that? IT FEATURES AN IDENTICAL KNEE STRAP AS OUR ASTRONAUT SEEMS TO HAVE, ARE YOU BLIND?

I presented as evidence a piece of footage that looks to be an astronaut being pulled by A STRAP ON HIS KNEE.

Then showed you that NASA sure does use those for gravitational simulation.

Added to that the physics of the entire video, he is scooping dust up with his feet as he is "pulled."

Added to that the original video where you can "see him disconnecting the harness off camera before he pops back into view - knee strap missing.

You proved he isn't on an inclined plane. Good one.

What's the strap?

Where did it go?

Why does it suddenly pop out right before each jump, always in line with the vector he is OBVIOUSLY being pulled?

Answer that and you will have at least provided an alternate explanation for the evidence presented. But you can't so you just say disproven, as if you are the determiner of all truth or something.

edit on 2-12-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayDub113
Yes apparently for you it IS rocket science, because you see the evidence with your own eyes, it has been presented, but you haven't understood, or you willfully ignored it to prop up your own worldview, which is actually more sad I think. Are you sad?

I'm not sad, I have the backing of nobel prize winners, doctors of physics and astrophysics, astronomers and astronauts.

On the other hand you persist with such bad fantasies as this:

I never "contended" the plane was inclined.

I said in the initial post that I hypothesize they used "some variation" of the gravity simulator.

All gravity simulators incline the target so they experience a proportional reduction in gravity. That's how they work at a fundamental level. The plane is clearly not inclined, therefore a gravity simulator was not used.

You know what made me think that? IT FEATURES AN IDENTICAL KNEE STRAP AS OUR ASTRONAUT SEEMS TO HAVE, ARE YOU BLIND?

I presented as evidence a piece of footage that looks to be an astronaut being pulled by A STRAP ON HIS KNEE.

Your only evidence is that 2-6 pixels in a blurry image look sorta like a knee strap for a total of around 10 frames. That's it. It's not strong evidence, it's not even evidence at all.

Added to that the physics of the entire video, he is scooping dust up with his feet as he is "pulled."

Added to that the original video where you can "see him disconnecting the harness off camera before he pops back into view - knee strap missing.

You proved he isn't on an inclined plane. Good one.

What's the strap?

Where did it go?

There was never any strap. You're probably seeing the flap of the checklist pocket on the astronaut's right leg as being the strap. It isn't there. I mean for god's sake you say that you see him disconnect off camera. How can you see something off camera? Answer: You imagine it and act as if it was real.

Why does it suddenly pop out right before each jump, always in line with the vector he is OBVIOUSLY being pulled?

Answer that and you will have at least provided an alternate explanation for the evidence presented. But you can't so you just say disproven, as if you are the determiner of all truth or something.

He bends his knee. Thus causing the material to tighten around the front of his leg, thus causing the pocket cover to protrude.

A much more cogent and coherent explanation that doesn't rely on magical gravity simulators that don't use inclined planes.
edit on 2/12/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

You are seriously deluded bro.

There was never a strap? Is that nobel scientist speak for oh it just disappeared. Ludicrous.

And let the inclined plane go.. I NEVER said he was on an inclined plane. Only that there was a knee strap that you for some magical reason do not see and think is a fantasy... HAAHAHAH ok man.

And I said you can "the shadow" of him disconneting it. You can disagree, but then again that would be your nobel scientist not seeing things that are clearly there.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

There was never any strap. You're probably seeing the flap of the checklist pocket on the astronaut's right leg as being the strap. It isn't there.

Ohhh, it's not there?

I think most people, as well as the nobel winning scientist can SEE the strap coming off the astronauts leg.

Incidentally, this screen shot was taken from the astronauts THIRD jump. Not only does it completely mirror what we saw IN THE FIRST TWO JUMPS, it's also a more close-up shot and we can the knee strap very clearly, and it is very clearly there.

And your claims are supposed to be proof of what exactly? That you can't see things that are right in front of your face.. What's it like bro, is it physically invisible to you? Or are you just so close-minded, your mind can't accept what it is seeing?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

You are seriously deluded bro.

There was never a strap? Is that nobel scientist speak for oh it just disappeared. Ludicrous.

No it's logical speak for 'you saw something you wanted to be a strap, so you assumed it was a strap. It was probably a pocket'

And let the inclined plane go.. I NEVER said he was on an inclined plane. Only that there was a knee strap that you for some magical reason do not see and think is a fantasy... HAAHAHAH ok man.

What other type of 'gravity simulator' uses a knee strap? None. Only an inclined plane does, because they need to support the legs. All other types of theatrical rigging use harness straps around the torso which would be steel and not visible.

Stop having a go at me because your ridiculous fantasy is obviously nonsense.

And I said you can "the shadow" of him disconneting it. You can disagree, but then again that would be your nobel scientist not seeing things that are clearly there.

You can't ridicule someone by pointing out that their beliefs align with nobel prize winning scientists. I don't feel embarrassed at all. On the other hand you clearly do as you're rushing to insult me for pointing out how flawed your reasoning is.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

There was never any strap. You're probably seeing the flap of the checklist pocket on the astronaut's right leg as being the strap. It isn't there.

Ohhh, it's not there?

I think most people, as well as the nobel winning scientist can SEE the strap coming off the astronauts leg.

Incidentally, this screen shot was taken from the astronauts THIRD jump. Not only does it completely mirror what we saw IN THE FIRST TWO JUMPS, it's also a more close-up shot and we can the knee strap very clearly, and it is very clearly there.

If you think you can 'very clearly' see a knee strap in this image then you are suffering from Pareidolia: en.wikipedia.org...

You can see what might be the other pocket on his leg. I haven't decided which one it's more likely to be because the quality is so damn bad.

And your claims are supposed to be proof of what exactly? That you can't see things that are right in front of your face.. What's it like bro, is it physically invisible to you? Or are you just so close-minded, your mind can't accept what it is seeing?

No I just know what I am talking about. I know that only inclined planes need knee straps and that only a fool would wrap an external strap around an astronaut that's supposed to be on the moon.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Alright, like I said, watch the video. If you don't see a knee strap then we have to agree to disagree. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Alright, like I said, watch the video. If you don't see a knee strap then we have to agree to disagree. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Well I think I have clearly demonstrated that I do. Your theory about a knee strap doesn't stand up to reality. Tell me what sort of gravity rig they used please that

a) Needs knee straps
b) Doesn't affect the dust and dirt
c) Can be disconnected in a second or less

Can you show a single one? No, no you can't.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Now here's you...

No I just know what I am talking about. I know that only inclined planes need knee straps and that only a fool would wrap an external strap around an astronaut that's supposed to be on the moon.

So you don't see things that are obviously there because you know what you are talking about? And again with the inclined plane? You do know a strap can hold your leg at a variety of angles, including up and down, right?

What kind of assertions are those? that's laughable. Whatever man I am not debating with the slow class anymore.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So you don't see things that are obviously there because you know what you are talking about? And again with the inclined plane? You do know a strap can hold your leg at a variety of angles, including up and down, right?

The entire evidence you quoted for the start of this argument was that these few blurry pixels looked like the straps used on inclined gravity simulators.

If you now think they didn't use an inclined gravity simulator, why would they use a very obvious knee strap?

What kind of assertions are those? that's laughable. Whatever man I am not debating with the slow class anymore.

You're in the slow class. Everyone can see how you've changed your argument and are grasping at straws when you have no coherent explanation whatsoever.

Why would they use such an obvious strap (if indeed you think it is that obvious) when there was no need for it. Do you see theatrical rigging using big knee straps to lift people into the air? No? Then why would they do that for one of the most important fakes of all time?

They wouldn't. It's a pocket. Deal with it.
edit on 2/12/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Haha I never changed my argument. My argument is THERE IS A STRAP AROUND HIS KNEE YOU CAN #ING SEE IT.

You are talking about everything BUT that. If you can't SEE what I am talking about WITH YOUR NOBEL EYEBALLS, then yes son you are slow.

Why or why they wouldn't do such a thing is not proof of anything. You are the one grasping at straws to protect your precious "debunk everything thread." I'm not debating you anymore until you put forward logical assertions or contrary evidence, your hypothetical questions do nothing to prove or disprove the hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Haha I never changed my argument. My argument is THERE IS A STRAP AROUND HIS KNEE YOU CAN #ING SEE IT.

I can't see it, nobody I have linked the picture + videos too can see it. The suggestions so far are "an attachment loop" and "a pocket".

You are talking about everything BUT that. If you can't SEE what I am talking about WITH YOUR NOBEL EYEBALLS, then yes son you are slow.

Like I said, you are suffering from Pareidolia. It's not an insult. It's a common human failing.

Why or why they wouldn't do such a thing is not proof of anything. You are the one grasping at straws to protect your precious "debunk everything thread." I'm not debating you anymore until you put forward logical assertions or contrary evidence, your hypothetical questions do nothing to prove or disprove the hypothesis.

This isn't my thread. Nor do I care what you think. I'm illustrating how ridiculous your theory is. They apparently used an easily visible leg strap to support an astronaut that wasn't being inclined, you can't tell me why. Why would they do such a thing on the most important hoax ever?

I assume you have no answer, but you will pretend like it is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I shouldn't have to do this but here you go ..

I think this would classify as "some variation" of an anti-gravity simulator. And lo and behold NO INCLINED PLANE.

But there is that same pesky knee-strap. Why are they using that crazy knee strap.

The people you have talked to about it that's awesome. Cool story, bro.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

As to why they would use it? Well they already had it for one, and two they knew that schmoes like you aren't smart enough to spot an obvious variance in the laws of physics between a pull and a jump, and even if you did you'd call it a pocket or whatever, because you back up what your eyes see with what you have been told is there, instead of looking with your own eyes.

Or.. short answer, they didn't think they had to. They didn't apparently.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I shouldn't have to do this but here you go ..

I think this would classify as "some variation" of an anti-gravity simulator. And lo and behold NO INCLINED PLANE.

But there is that same pesky knee-strap. Why are they using that crazy knee strap.

The people you have talked to about it that's awesome. Cool story, bro.

I don't even need to respond to this post other than to laugh at it really. This is your explanation for the knee strap? A strap that you indicate is visible to the left of someone's leg?

This is literally the weakest argument I have ever seen. The astronauts did not fly across the terrain. They walked. Guess what I don't see in your image, I don't see any part of the knee strap sticking out to the left or right.

You've disproven your own theory. At least have the fortitude to admit it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

As to why they would use it? Well they already had it for one, and two they knew that schmoes like you aren't smart enough to spot an obvious variance in the laws of physics between a pull and a jump, and even if you did you'd call it a pocket or whatever, because you back up what your eyes see with what you have been told is there, instead of looking with your own eyes.

Or.. short answer, they didn't think they had to. They didn't apparently.

(bolding mine)

Gravity simulators do not create a 'pull'. They simulate gravity by changing the vector components of it. Please learn what you are talking about before trying to make an argument based upon it.

It's clear that you're clutching at straws and working only from the basis that you must have been right originally. You were not, you've been wrong since you claimed it was a strap. It's a pocket.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Oh wow seriously? This is the last thing I respond to you, I feel like I am explaining to a third grader what makes the Sun set.

I AM SHOWING THAT NASA USES A SIMILAR KNEE STRAP IN THEIR HARNESSES AND THAT SUCH STRAPS CAN BE UTILIZED IN ANY ORIENTATION.

And our astronaut has one around his knee, you can see it I am not wrong. You are wrong.

Now we just gonna do that all day? I have given my evidence give yours.

You haven't given any, only spouted your authority on the matter, well who in the # are you? Nobody, so present evidence not your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join