It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Your Best Shot: The Moon Landings Were A HOAX!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Due, perhaps, to media coverage of the anniversary of Apollo 17, the last of the crewed missions to the Moon, there has been a marked increase in threads alleging that the lunar landings were an elaborate hoax. Here is a sampling of the currently active threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This does not include the plethora of threads about the alleged "historic discovery" that NASA plans to announce next week which all seem to devolve into the usual Never A Straight Answer rhetoric. Rather than read exactly the same thing across multiple threads, it seems to me to be a good idea to bring it all together into a single unified thread.

Here's the challenge: please present your best, incontrovertible evidence that the lunar landings were a hoax. Documentation. Eyewitness accounts. Physical evidence. Try your best to persuade the space enthusiasts of ATS that everything they know is wrong.

Please understand: the purpose of this thread is to prove that the landings were a hoax, not that the landings were real. The Apollo program is one of the best documented series of events in human history. There are primary and secondary sources. Photographic evidence. Physical and even archaeological evidence. Eye-witness testimony by living people. The lunar landings far exceed any half-way reasonable standard of historical proof. Provide a similar body of evidence that they never really happened. Should be easy, right?

Now-- give it your best shot.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Do we really need another one of these?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The moon landings were one of the last things I believed the government was actually honest about. Then I saw this film, which makes me think otherwise. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the elite's would fake something of this magnitude, given everything else they have successfully pulled off. The government isn't really honest about anything, ever.

edit on 27-11-2012 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ugh, a member for two years and you still feel like this is a valid addition to ATS discussions? Star hunting are we?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well if you have some time to kill there is always this link........
www.riseearth.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by DJW001

Ugh, a member for two years and you still feel like this is a valid addition to ATS discussions? Star hunting are we?

This guy doesn't need the stars trust me, I don't post much on space related topics because my knowledge is minimal but I read a lot of the threads here on ATS and this guy knows his stuff. Like the guy above I believe the government lie about a lot of things but I believe the moon landing happened.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You can easily tell it was a hoax by the number of threads invented to debunk the people who believe it was a hoax.

Dont listen to ANYONE in these threads, do your OWN research.
edit on 27-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by DJW001

Hi there. Welcome to ATS, a conspiracy forum to discuss a wide variety of topics such as 9/11, aliens, bigfoot, government corruption, politics, the moon landings etc. Feel free to contribute to the discussions here on the many topics that the website has to offer. If you're not a fan of such topics, feel free to move along and keep to yourself. You know, add something valid to the discussions here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Do we really need another one of these?

The idea is to consolidate them all in one thread. I'll be back in a while to see what everyone brings to the table.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
well let's get this thread rollin' !
here's what DR. STEVEN GREER has to say on the subject ...

Published August 27, 2012 | By drgreer Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, passed away this weekend at age 82. Many have asked if Armstrong took with him the secrets of what really happened during the famed 1969 Lunar Landing. Well, yes- and no.

The truth of that historic event has never been told. We did go to the moon- but the events that transpired were kept secret and officially remain secret to this day.

By the time we landed on the moon, the Lunar Orbiter had mapped the moon and imaged ancient as well as more recent structures on the moon. This has been confirmed by more than one DisclosureProject.org witness. So by the time we landed, the military and intelligence community- and a small compartment of operatives at NASA- knew that we may in fact encounter something very unusual there.

To prepare for this possibility, there was a time delay from the Lunar Module via an NSA (National Security Agency) uplink and other, alternative film footage was prepared to be shown in the event of something really unusual happening.

Well it happened. Close friends and very close family members of both Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin have separately told me that indeed there were numerous, large UFOs around the crater where the Lunar Module landed and that these were seen by both Armstrong and Aldrin. I have also spoken to military officers that have seen the footage of this event- but it has never been made public.

Neil Armstrong became somewhat of a recluse after the moon landing, and rarely spoke of the historic event. His friends and family have told me that this is because he was a man of such integrity that he simply did not want to be put in a position to lie to the public about such a momentous encounter. How tragic that our heroes have been placed in this untenable situation!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Okay, you're quoting Greer. Now: please sift through Greer's claims and provide some evidence that can be examined critically, preferably in your own words. Provide links to primary sources.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

I don't have the time to watch the entire video. Please extract the most compelling argument and state it in your own words. If you wish, you may simply indicate a time signature.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You can easily tell it was a hoax by the number of threads invented to debunk the people who believe it was a hoax.

Actually, most of the threads are started by people who want to prove that it was all a hoax.

Hear hear!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Just watched that documentary in it´s entirety and it seems pretty obvious to me that it COULD be hoaxed, evrything from the footage to the radio transmissions to the moon rocks taken from Antarctis.

it didn´t fully convinvce me however until part where they try to get the astronauts to swear on the bible that they went to the moon and back(for which they also would receive 5000 dollars if they did)) and they straight out refused!! It made no sense whatsoever for them to refuse to do this if they actually went, and even if they didn´t go they could just lie some more by swearing on the bible and get 5k for free...unless they where deeply religious and didn+t want to sink that low for this hoax... that part convinced me it was probably a hoax, yes, and they have been payed good money during all these years to propagate this hoax as the truth in the interest of national security, the punishment for revealing the truth would probably be more than severe and they know it...

edit on 27-11-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

edit on 27-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Scepticism equals proof now?

Wow...

I guess the tooth fairy is coming to leave money under my pillow...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

it didn´t fully convinvce me however until part where they try to get the astronauts to swear on the bible that they went to the moon and back(for which they also would receive 5000 dollars if they did)) and they straight out refused!! It made no sense whatsoever for them to refuse to do this if they actually went, and even if they didn´t go they could just lie some more by swearing on the bible and get 5k for free...unless they where deeply religious and didn+t want to sink that low for this hoax... that part convinced me it was probably a hoax, yes, and they have been payed good money during all these years to propagate this hoax as the truth in the interest of national security, the punishment for revealing the truth would probably be more than severe and they know it...

edit on 27-11-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

You talking about this incident?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Apollo 11 astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin escaped criminal prosecution on Friday for punching a conspiracy theorist who wanted him to swear on a Bible that he really did walk on the moon in 1969.

Los Angeles County prosecutors declined to file a misdemeanor battery charge against the 72-year-old ex-astronaut, who said he was defending himself and his stepdaughter when he clocked 37-year-old Bart Winfield Sibrel outside a Beverly Hills hotel on Sept. 9.

Sibrel -- who made TV documentaries and films debunking the Apollo 11 moon landing on July 20, 1969 -- videotaped the incident for a new film. He submitted the tape to Beverly Hills police and asked that assault charges be filed against Aldrin.

Beverly Hills police said witnesses came forward during the investigation saying they saw Sibrel aggressively poke Aldrin with a Bible and that Sibrel had lured Aldrin to the hotel under false pretenses so he could interview the space hero.

rense.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Look, if the Astronauts are part of a large fake moon landing plot, all the more reason for them to swear up and down on a bible, koran, or shiny gargoyle IMO. The other side will say by them not swearing is proof of something, or even if they did it just shows how they are "lying and covering it up" because that's what they are paid for right?

Sounds like harassment which Buzz retaliated too...

edit on 27-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I personally never understood how they got anything through the Van Allen Radiation Belt. Especially during 1969-1972 only. Seems utterly backwards to how technology works through its seemingly advanced evolution.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

The Van Allen belt isn't a continuous circle around the earth. It has thicker and thinner spots all throughout it. It's also not as dangerous as it's made out to be. If you stayed in it for a long time (months) then you would be exposed to a large dose of radiation. The Apollo mission went through in a few hours.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
ATS Member Severin helped me prove in my mind at least that a couple of the famous Moon pics, one with the LEM and the same shot without the LEM was faked in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Severin
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Ok, I've got no real interest in this one way or the other, but I did play about a bit with the pics.

This shows them superimposed and you can clearly see that the hill line changes so it is a different angle, but you can see that the hilltop on the left remains in the same place, and also the beginning part of the hill to the right is in the same place.

The second picture is a bit weirder.

I changed around the exposure and contrast and to me it looks like the foreground was pasted onto the original background shot. I can see a pretty damn straight line/join.

Thank You for doing this ! See.. I knew my suggestions would turn up something interesting. It certainly looks to me like THIS can be a smoking gun. These Moon LEM pics (well, one or both) had to be faked. No doubt about it in my mind. I just needed someone to help me prove it.

Severin did this for me by request in response to my posts here:

Read these to see why I requested it to prove the theory.

This doesn't prove we didn't go there but it does prove that one or both of these pics were faked. ( After the LEM landed on the Moon it should not have been possible to take essentially the same picture without the LEM being in the shot)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
After the LEM landed on the Moon it should not have been possible to take essentially the same picture without the LEM being in the shot

Except it was not the same picture, it is obvious they moved. Have you found out how far away the mountains were? Oh, if you actually did that it would destroy your theory!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join