It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior societies at Yale: How does tapping work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm writing a novel and want to be as true to reality as possible about this. Wiki seems to imply that all or a big chunk of juniors gather some place on campus and the senior members of the societies go through the crowd, tapping whoever they want to join. This seems a bit silly to me. Do you have to apply to be tapped, or are potential members scoped out without any participation on their part? If you can give as much info as possible about the process that would be really, really kind of you. Any other quirky or interesting information would also be helpful!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
I'm writing a novel and want to be as true to reality as possible about this. Wiki seems to imply that all or a big chunk of juniors gather some place on campus and the senior members of the societies go through the crowd, tapping whoever they want to join. This seems a bit silly to me. Do you have to apply to be tapped, or are potential members scoped out without any participation on their part? If you can give as much info as possible about the process that would be really, really kind of you. Any other quirky or interesting information would also be helpful!

Being *tapped* is actually part of a conditioning program, which begins the moment a potential meets a member. If you have to ask to join, you're not worthy of joining. However, if you ARE asked, why then, you must be some kind of big deal. Someone *special*. The recruitment process is about making the candidate feel special. Though, the *grooming* conditioning begins at a much earlier age, by parents who wish for their children to carry on the current economical/political systems. Preserving the status quo. In any case, I think we'd all be surprised at just how silly these groups can actually be.

Candidates are definitely vetted prior to invitation. These groups are looking for like minded people, that's how the old world order is preserved and has sustained for so long now.

Anyways, I hope you find this useful! Good luck with your writing!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Read this book Secrets of the Tomb this should help in your research.

join