It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Graph Suggests Iran Is Developing A Nuclear Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
he graph below, obtained by AP from "a country critical of Iran's atomic program to bolster", appears shows that Iran has been trying to create a weapon more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

No insights, just scary #

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So what? Israel has them. Thats scary as hell

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In a world where even Pakistan has nukes, this doesn't scare me.

Either someone will eventually use them, or they won't.
I can't stay in a state of panic over this reality.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A single "leaked" graph is not proof at all. Anyone with a nuclear physics textbook could have made this graph and slapped some Arabic text on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnn..... heard that fairytale before..... israel can go fight iran by itself.... oh... wait... forgot the IDF only able to take on old people.. women and children ... so israel has to get big brother amerika to help as iran actually has an army....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So what if they got nukes.

The only country that you hear warning us about the dangers of other countries having nukes is the only one that has ever used them against another country. The irony of it all?

Sorry, but I really can´t see any danger in Iran having nukes more than I see the danger of all other nuke-countries here on earth. By that I don´t say that it isn´t dangerous, because, of course nuclearweapons ARE dangerous. Really dangerous, like, mind-blowing dangerous.

But what I fear more is that war mongering countries, and countries waging war ATM got nukes. Iran is NOT one of them.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You actually believe this graph is real and from Iran? I'm just not seeing enough evidence to support this. I can make the same graph, print it out, and say I got it from Iran.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gidonb4IN

Usually, the term 'leaked' is used so that the person who shared the info can maintain their anonymity. There are numerous reasons for why that anonymity may be needed. Only some of those reasons are because it actually is the truth.

[color=CCF768]Lies can be 'Leaked' just as easily as the truth.

edit on 11/27/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

good point. the world is scary as it is we might as well continue our lives.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Uhm... 20 years ago I had physics classes that covered the same stuff. We weren't pursuing nuclear weapons. Which is a good thing I guess, Israel would've had a bunched up set of panties about us.

I know we're all pretty smart here on ATS, but does the general populace realize how hard it is to build an actual working nuclear weapon? I think not. I'm pretty sure they believe that you can slip an nuclear weapon (one that achieve detonation and not just contamination) in a brief case and it would be light as a feather.

Derek

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

WHOAAA

what a powerful evidence, I think I made that in paint shop pro software
when I was bored

This is a joke right?

And by the way, Iran needs nukes to defend against western future attacks,

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Leaked garbage...

Funnies form of ”accusations” I have ever seen. These guys never think of a second that Iran may have universities and study books for teaching purpose actually (which is taken from).

Hahahah… I don’t think its Ignorance.. it is stupidity in evil form.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As many others in thread have said, who cares?

Let Israel fight it's own wars. This has nothing to do with us.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
A single "leaked" graph is not proof at all. Anyone with a nuclear physics textbook could have made this graph and slapped some Arabic text on it.

And there is no reason to exclude too. You cannot have nuclear energy, be a country with power such as Iran and expect to be impossible that they produce a nuclear weapon.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Soon those things will be around like cellphones..........

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Anyone who knows anything about such graphs -- from a mathematical, engineering or scientific point of view -- can see this graph has a major error in it. Also note how it is mostly in English but also has some scary-looking Farsi at the bottom. And best yet, we're not just talking about an anonymous source, we're talking about an anonymous source from an anonymous country. Now I'll grant you this diagram looks more sophisticated than Netanyahu's Rocky-and-Bullwinkle-bomb diagram he showed at the UN, but that's the best that can be said for it.

Here are two very informative articles about this hoax perpetrated on/by AP.

AP believes it found evidence of Iran's work on nuclear weapons

AP's dangerous Iran hoax demands an accounting and explanation

From the second article:

Even worse, the calculations reflected on this graph are patently ridiculous. Butt and Dalnoki-Veress document that the graph "does nothing more than indicate either slipshod analysis or an amateurish hoax" [emphasis added]. That's because, they explain, "the diagram features quite a massive error, which is unlikely to have been made by research scientists working at a national level"; namely:

"The image released to the Associated Press shows two curves: one that plots the energy versus time, and another that plots the power output versus time, presumably from a fission device. But these two curves do not correspond: If the energy curve is correct, then the peak power should be much lower - around 300 million ( 3x108) kt per second, instead of the currently stated 17 trillion (1.7 x1013) kt per second. As is, the diagram features a nearly million-fold error."

For the record, AP has no comment to this hoax article it printed other than to say that it is still investigating the story. Put AP into the Fox category of fake news and propaganda. It's pathetic that AP can't do a minimum of verification of this as a legitimate scientific diagram, let alone its provenance. And it's even worse than it won't admit that it was hoodwinked with this fraudulent diagram. Moreover, it should name the source and country which provided this hoax, although I think we all can guess where it came from...

edit on 29-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gidonb4IN
he graph below, obtained by AP from "a country critical of Iran's atomic program to bolster", appears shows that Iran has been trying to create a weapon more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

No insights, just scary #

new topics

top topics

join