It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran Building Powerful Nuclear Device (Diagrams Obtained)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The diagrams discovered by the IAEA show Iranian scientists calculating the desired "nuclear explosive yield" in a device they were apparently working on. IAEA inspectors described the diagrams in a report, and a senior official who is working with the Geneva-based UN organization confirmed that the diagrams obtained by AP were the same ones mentioned in the report.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Question, of course, is where or how did they obtain this? It's just wild accusations if they never actually show the document, but I cannot see AP 100% fabricating the story?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

uh oh...

This looks really bad..

Dontreally was posting in another thread about Israel maybe wanting to get hamas off it's back and waste all their missiles so that they could hit Iranian targets without opening a front to the south...

The timing of this info makes me nervous.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The face in the sky does not approve....

Do we all assume that Iran developing a nuke would definitely mean them using it? I don't think that's necessarily true, or even probable.

Either way,

mmm nukes are bad mkay

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

No I wouldn't expect them to use it, until they had to which is the problem, because I forsee them having to..

I have a question after reading the article. How come they don't mention anything about the "Nuke" besides that it should be 50 kilotons? Is it a fission bomb? Does it use plutonium?

Seems if they really have a diagram the details would be a little better. Sounds like AP was just told it's 50 kilotons and not shown the info..

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm tired of all the Chicken hawks

Who cares if Iran is building a nuclear device?

Wouldn't that be better? Wouldn't that make Israel think twice before attacking Iran?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I won't lose a wink of sleep.
I don't care if Iran has nukes or not.

The U.K., China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, Israel, and North Korea all have nukes.
To me, one country having them is too many, but with that list...it just doesn't matter to me anymore.

I don't feel any less safe than I felt before someone else is added to the list.
I guess that's as plain as I can put it.

- Lee

link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Question, of course, is where or how did they obtain this? It's just wild accusations if they never actually show the document, but I cannot see AP 100% fabricating the story?

It looks like this is something from last year, but they are talking about it now.

This page has more information.

Instead of a "There was no possibility that the diagrams referred to a process other than construction of a nuclear weapon, the experts said.", like in the link you posted, this one says "the diagram looks genuine but seems to be designed more 'to understand the process' than as part of a blueprint for an actual weapon in the making."

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Doing the calculations does not necessarily mean they are constructing a atomic device. Heck I could scribble a quick calculations on a napkin if I was interested in doing something similar just to satisfy my curiosity.

However, I will admit that it just paints a more uncertain picture of Iran's intentions.

I am sure many countries, even those that do not possesses or have the capability of possessing nuclear weapons have run these kind of yield calculations. Come to think of it, my university physics professor did!! He must be building one, I am calling the IAEA right now

Edit: to tip my hat to above post realizing the same as I. Star for you

edit on 27-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The diagrams discovered by the IAEA show Iranian scientists calculating the desired "nuclear explosive yield" in a device they were apparently working on. IAEA inspectors described the diagrams in a report, and a senior official who is working with the Geneva-based UN organization confirmed that the diagrams obtained by AP were the same ones mentioned in the report.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Here is an MSN article on the topic showing one of the graph's...

Graph suggests Iran working on nuclear bomb

Despite accusations to the contrary, the west has much more to gain from a peaceful resolution to the current situation with Iran.

I believe the report is legitimate.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think a nuclear weapon is and has been the objective all along......
Theres no other real reasons for undergoing all the sanctions etc...if they werent it would be a simple matter to open their program to the IAEA.
this would end all suspicions and put Iran back into the world community.
They have shown nothing but obstinacy and intransigence in their dealings with IAEA.
They probably are developing, or have already developed a bomb.
The point being that regardless of their intent, its too late for the military option any more....The Fordo enrichment facility and others are deep in the ground, and untouchable, even by the US bunker buster giants.
Iran will have to be simply left alone by the PTB.
The idea of a precision strike at so many facilities is ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Islam is the religion of peace.

They would NEVER think of using this device.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I'm tired of all the Chicken hawks

Who cares if Iran is building a nuclear device?

Wouldn't that be better? Wouldn't that make Israel think twice before attacking Iran?

No, actually to your last question.

Israel needs to take it out before it is ever mounted onto a launching device.

GO ISRAEL!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Islam is the religion of peace.

They would NEVER think of using this device.

Which Country used it before ? Twice...

Hint: Not a Muslim Country.
Another hint: Their motto is "In God we trust" (Must be a peaceful God of a peaceful religion)

edit on 27-11-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Take out what? and what launching device? A bad drawing doesn't prove Iran are building a nuclear weapon. If anything it just proves someone can't draw very well.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
A hacker broke into the UN and IAEA websites and stole data. Now Israel is saying Iran has a bomb because of a drawing? Something smells.
Hackers post IAEA data, refer to covert attacks on Iran
en.trend.az...

U.N. nuclear agency says hackers stole information
www.reuters.com...

Somebody just pissed off the UN and the US government hackers. A war is brewing on the internet now for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Take out what? and what launching device? A bad drawing doesn't prove Iran are building a nuclear weapon. If anything it just proves someone can't draw very well.

It isn't a drawing, it is a data set graphing potential yield of a nuclear weapon that is under discussion.

Iran has invested a massive effort to develop long range ballistic missiles with throw weights capable of hoisting a nuclear payload.

Iran is steadily improving its missile capability and could be able to test a missile that could reach the U.S. shores within three years, according to a new Pentagon report assessing the status of the Iranian military.

"Iran has boosted the lethality and effectiveness of existing systems with accuracy improvements and new submuntion payloads," which allows missiles to drop explosives over a wider area causing more destruction, according to the report.

The missiles were part of war game exercises conducted by Iran last week. Iran's government said it was testing missiles capable of hitting U.S. bases around the Middle East.

"During the war games, long-range, medium-range and short-range missiles will be used and will be fired from different points across the country," which an Iranian spokesman said was designed to test the precision and efficiency of the warhead and missile systems.

The Pentagon report was created in April, ahead of the most recent Iranian war games, so intelligence from those exercises was not included in the report. Additionally, U.S officials could not confirm the accuracy of the Iranian statements about the latest exercises.

The latest report did cite Iranian war games held in 2011 in which Iran launched several missiles, "including a multiple missile salvo."

The 2012 report was signed by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and sent to defense committees on Capitol Hill last week. It said regular ballistic missile training continues throughout the country and continues to develop missiles that can hit Israel and Eastern Europe, including an extended-range Shahab-3 and a medium-range ballistic missile, called the Ashura, that can fly more than 1,200 miles.

The report repeats what has been stated publicly by the United States, that over the last 20 years Iran has "placed significant emphasis on developing and fielding ballistic missiles," that could threaten the United States, coalition and partner countries around the Middle East and to project power in the region.

The report also maintains that Iran is still capable of testing a long-range intercontinental ballistic missile by 2015, "with sufficient foreign assistance."[\ex]

Pentagon: Iran improving its missile capabilities

According to an article published on the Jane's Defence Weekly's September 13, 2006 issue, which quotes unnamed Western diplomatic sources, the alleged new missile will be independent of the current Shahab family of missiles, and will have a range of 4,000 to 5,000 km.

Development is reportedly being led by Iran's Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group, which is responsible for Iran's ballistic missile program. The program is allegedly attempting to reverse-engineer an RD-216 engine, which Iran has probably acquired from Russia in the late 1990s.

The RD-216 engine was used in - the now obsolete - Russian R-14 Chusovaya (SS-5 Skean) IRBM and in the SL-8 Cosmos launch vehicle. Jane’s notes that "Project Koussar" is believed to be in the preliminary design review stage, and quotes sources stating that Iran is making progress in the RD-216 reverse engineering

Project Koussar

Iran missile, nuclear threat 'real, dangerous' - Russian analyst

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

What I don't get is why the numbers and letters on the graph are English, yet the dribble down the bottom is in Arabic... Wouldn't the whole graph be in one or the other?

Anyway, even if Iran was developing a nuclear weapon, so what.. Not like they are the first.
edit on 27-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
A hacker broke into the UN and IAEA websites and stole data. Now Israel is saying Iran has a bomb because of a drawing? Something smells.
Hackers post IAEA data, refer to covert attacks on Iran
en.trend.az...

U.N. nuclear agency says hackers stole information
www.reuters.com...

Somebody just pissed off the UN and the US government hackers. A war is brewing on the internet now for sure.

Hackers didnt steal any relevant data from the International Atomic Energy Agency, they only stole personal contact information ( does that really surprise anyone?
)

The story you are referencing is unrelated.

From your source...

Contact details of international scientists from a computer server of the International Atomic Energy Agency have appeared on a hacker website, the agency confirmed Tuesday in Vienna, DPA reported. The message posted online Sunday contained a threat to publish additional personal information if the roadside bombings that have killed several Iranian nuclear scientists continue.

"We are reassuring IAEA that their critical information is safe with us as we are brothers. However, we can not guarantee the same if a Western-favoured element entertains another sip of motorbike & magnetbomb cocktail," said the message by one or more hackers going by the Persian name Parastoo.

Tehran has accused Israel and Western governments of having attacked its nuclear experts.

IAEA spokeswoman Gill Tudor said that her organization's IT experts were investigation the data breach.

"The IAEA deeply regrets this publication of information stolen from an old server that was shut down some time ago," she said.

A source following the incident told dpa that it was unlikely that official Iranian entities were behind the IT attack: "It was too ham-fisted to be the official effort on behalf of a government."

The message on the hacker site made a reference to the computer virus Stuxnet, which experts believe was developed by Western intelligence agencies to harm Iran's nuclear installations.

The hacker or hackers called on the physicists on the IAEA list to petition for an IAEA probe of Israel's nuclear programme.

The email addresses of the exposed scientists were likely stored on the server because they attended IAEA events, the source said. The scientists are not related to the IAEA's Iran investigations, he said.

Your second source...

The U.N. nuclear watchdog said on Tuesday information stolen from one of its former servers had been posted on a hacker site this week, and that it was taking "all possible steps" to ensure its computer systems were protected.

The Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which is investigating Iran's disputed nuclear programme, did not say who might have been behind the action.

"Some contact details related to experts working with the IAEA were posted on a hacker site on November 25," agency spokeswoman Gill Tudor said.

edit on 27-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: added content

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That is not really a big bomb by today's standards. I am sure that Israel has bigger bombs than that. Ten times the size of the bomb dropped on Japan is getting big, both Russia and the USA have lots of those size ones. The Huge bombs aren't even tested by the USA or Russia anymore, they made us and the Russians nervous when they experienced them.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
What I don't get is why the numbers and letters on the graph are English, yet the dribble down the bottom is in Arabic... Wouldn't the whole graph be in one or the other?

It's like in the movies, when all the Aliens speak English.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join