It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Prisoner of the State Yet I Have Done Nothing Wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm afraid to say that it has finally dawned on me, that I am a prisoner in my own country. I do not have metal bars on my windows and I have the key to my door but I am still a prisoner inside this country they call the UK. Equality has ended and it has been replaced with modern day slavery. Let me take a few moments to explain how this can be. It all starts with social engineering by the government, first they started out by saying that we can all own our own home (Thatcher in the late 70s), so the sheeple being the sheeple all start buying up their council houses. Then the Government de-regulates the Mortgage lenders and they start lending to people at 100% or even 110% mortgage, flooding the market with new buyers, who in the long term could not really afford what they were doing. House prices shoot up, pricing nearly all first time buyers off the market and then the rug gets pulled.

The financial system collapses and house prices bottom out, leaving those who have bought their house in negative equity. Repossesions soar and now the housing market is flooded with people needing to rent, because of the lack of mortgage's available and the price of housing compared to wage. All the houses that are now being repossesed is being bought up by the wealthy at rock bottom prices with a view to rent to the plebs at all time high rental prices. So now us plebs can't afford to buy nor can we afford to rent.

Now lets look at the statistics which back up my sentiments

Average house price
£249,958

House type Average price
Detached £343,105
Semi-detached £209,098
Terrace £209,808
Flat £245,533

Average House Rentqal Per Month

£707 per month

Average Wage

£24,228 which equals £19,007 a year after taxation or £1584 per callender month.

This means that the average house will cost 13.15 times the average take home pay.

The average rental price per month will take up over 50% of your take home pay when council tax is taken into consideration.

We are all financial prisoners and slaves to this country's elite.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Excellent truth here. However, I would just like to point something out that I think needs addressing.

Repossesions soar and now the housing market is flooded with people needing to rent, because of the lack of mortgage's available and the price of housing compared to wage. All the houses that are now being repossesed is being bought up by the wealthy at rock bottom prices with a view to rent to the plebs at all time high rental prices.

From what I can tell, the banks/mortgage lenders, aren't actually letting these properties out or selling them. They are sitting on them, waiting for the cost of housing to increase. They want to make the highest possible raise on these reposessed properties.

They are biding their time.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: to clarify

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have freinds moving here from England next week, because the prices are so high there.
They could not believe the price I pay on my home. My mortgage is 750 a month USD.
They already have a home here waiting, to rent, that is 725 , with a pool, two side lots, and huge yard.

What you described just now is the the same thing that happened here with the housing bubble.
Prices are stabilizing here in AZ, we were the first to fall but the first to to be heading back .

I live fairly rural, in the city, it is about $1,000 USD to rent a house a month.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

May I ask, "What do you think of Nigel Farage and Lord Monkton? They really seem to want to get England back on track and away from the Eurozone garbage....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Nigel Farage is the only current politician that I could vote for but what we really need is a revolution, the ousting of the old boys club in Westminister and the return of people making decisions for the greater good of all Citizens instead of that of the few wealthy ones.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We are all slaves of the monetary system, mate, it's not just the UK, it's worldwide.
No-one can live without money.

This is the very nature of any exchange based system. You either have something to exchange, or you die. Most people choose to exchange the time and effort that they put into work. This is nothing less than slavery. Work or die. Any monetary system, in fact, any exchange based system will always boil down to this.

We need to stop changing the rules and the players, we need to change the game.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanks for your response and I do agree with you! I live across the pond, but from what I have heard of Farage, he sounds like a straight shooter and what you guys need over there! Hope for the best for you my friend!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

The question is how do we change the Game. By creating a political party with the right ideas or by bringing down the system completely and building it a fresh. Either way it will be a difficult road.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The question is how do we change the Game. By creating a political party with the right ideas or by bringing down the system completely and building it a fresh. Either way it will be a difficult road.

Well, you guys are ahead of us on the globalist scale of the NWO, we are not far behind in the U.S.

Lord Monkton is definately on the revolution side if the government continues it's fraudulent scheme. We have some tuff decisions to make my friend and it is not going to be pretty either way......

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Maybe true in some ways..but being born in the lower or middle class does not exclude you from upward social mobility. You could have a really good idea and become financially stable, a millionaire, leave the counnk try if you want or stay with more freedom..

idk I think this type of attitude becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, slave is a bit exaggerated as a term.

You do have opportunity, pretty sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You change the game by getting rid of interest on everything!

interest causes inflation...PERIOD!

There is no need for interest except for greed. If you need a loan of say $100,000.00 Then you ask for a lender and agree to pay back a set price like $120,000.00

It does not have to be complicated. As soon as someone mentions a tax other than a flat 10% you fire them from office!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Slave is exactly the correct term to use. After housing, taxation, transportation costs and basic living costs are deducted from my wage I have nothing else left. I earn slightly above average wage for the UK. So if I have nothing other than existance to work for then that makes me a SLAVE.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oddly enough for me I believe we are all slaves until we have the ability to tap into free energy; among other fundamental structures of our world. No matter in the US or UK, there is an oligarchy at work for themselves.

My partner is from the UK and has been in the US for most of his adult life, to be near his children. He desires to return to the UK since the business climate has been a bear and the economy (for those outside the oligarchy) has been tough for the past 4 years. We own a small business, our business has slowed tremendously the past few years and at a snail's space this year. .

For the most part I guess it all depends on your needs and the what you deem as the status quo.

We had a client 4 years ago that moved their family to Uruguay - themselves and parents. Heck the Bush's have large estates in Paraguay. I wonder what they know?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is capitalism for you. Everyone who isn't super rich is a slave. People are so brainwashed into defending it though...it's kinda sad.

edit on 27-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I own my own house, I have almost zero debt and earn above the average salary, I do not depend on the state for any financial support.

Can you please tell me then how am I a financial slave or prisoner to the elite?

Your threads makes no sense, you are not a prisoner you just have to work to live like everyone else so stop moaning. It’s called capitalism if you don’t like it why don’t you go try out North Korea and see how it goes

edit on 27-11-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I don't think I could be labled as lazy as I have never been out of work in my whole lifetime. Also labeling me an idiot for not wanting our government to keep taking from the poor is a bit out of order too. You are right, there is a small possibility that I can make it rich, the powers that be need that illusion there to keep us "happy" being their modern day slave. I am not asking for anything for free I am just asking for an equal share for my efforts as well as everybody else who has to struggle at the bottom of the food chain.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

No sir, slave is not the correct term.

Can you quit your job and seek another?

Can you date, and find a partner on your terms?

Can you choose to spend your money in whatever way you wish?

I'm offended on behalf of REAL slave, which are forced to do anything their master asks of them, and which have existed throughout history and to this day.

You have opportunities to make more money if you have the skills to do so. If not, you have the freedom to choose to work for various businesses and spend your income as you please.

Srey Pov’s family sold her to a brothel when she was 6 years old. She was unaware of sex but soon found out: A Western pedophile purchased her virginity, she said, and the brothel tied her naked and spread-eagled on a bed so that he could rape her.

“I was so scared,” she recalled. “I was crying and asking, ‘Why are you doing this to me?’ ”

After that, the girl was in huge demand because she was so young. Some 20 customers raped her nightly, she remembers. And the brothel twice stitched her vagina closed so that she could be resold as a virgin. This agonizingly painful practice is common in Asian brothels, where customers sometimes pay hundreds of dollars to rape a virgin.
www.nytimes.com...

Hope

Defeatism

You are only a slave to your own cynicism, good sir. Not happy, change your life. As you are not a slave you have every opportunity to do so.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm UK too and it's not looking good with all the pay-freezes and rising prices.

If you live in London, 700 quid for rent is normal. If you live most other places, it'd be a lap of luxury home. Same for 'average house prices;' they're ramped up by SW valuations when much of England has house prices below 200k.

So if the average single income is 24k and the average (non-London) rent is 550, we're looking at way less than half an income going on rent for single people. Half it again for couples and add 25% to council tax.

At those levels, sure it's maybe a cage, but a gilded one considering the conditions in other places.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Exploitation comes in many degrees, the middle class is exploited and oppressed sure...but to the point of calling it slavery is an insult to actual slaves.

We have this habit of using the most extreme words possible to describe everything in our society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join