It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Unleashes Tesla Death Ray

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

These days it's more techy. You can, for instance stick a phase-conjugate "decal" on the window and hit the thing way off angle and still get a good signal. Before you had to get the angle just right.

Fiber optics in your home allow this in a much better way. If you've got something like FIOS where there's a physical fiber optic link in your house, I can use it as a microphone from down the street at the box. There's even a way to listen to various areas on the fiber - it takes a MUCH bigger device though. If the fiber runs through your house walls, I can listen to the various rooms it passes through with very little interference from the other spots on the cable. That's an issue with new government buildings in which you didn't carefully oversee the construction, we've refused to use some embassy buildings because they were fiber enhanced.

Some buildings in DC have a triple pane window system, between the two outer panes there's a white noise laden airflow, some of them actually pump recorded dialogue in there too, you can't hear it much inside the room.

edit to add: Ah, I see the tres amigos have finally figured out they're being trojan horsed by BIN. Good.

Welp, BAE Advanced Projects doesn't pay me to shill in hoax threads, so adios, all.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If you dont' understand what a mega-watt (Mw) is and how it relates to a Giga-watt (Gw), then you should probably not talk about them in the first place!!

What a bizarre statement!! It's that sort of an attitude that has created a generation of youth that opt out of the sciences.

As far as your source for the initial power output of HAARP at 3.6 mega watts:

it comes from anywehere you search for HAARP that actually knows anything about the site - eg it's FAQ page:

This is actually a public relations hand-out.

From the link that you put up:

HAARP HF Transmitter Performance Calculator

•The power density at the center of the interactive region is about 0.0169 micro-watts per square-cm.

(this was calculated based on 2.8 mega herz and 350 kilometers)

Eastlund said it was one watt per square centimeter.

The sun hits the earth (depending on where and what - the atmosphere or surface, and what time of day at between .024 and .1368 watts per square centimeter.

Thankyou for your isotropic radiator explanation. Very clear.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Then, no no no, no more quoting someone as an authority who cannot possibly be. Or I will challenge your assumptions.

A knowledge of diesel engines, while certainly a mechanical accomplishment, doesn't really give a glimmer of understanding about HAARP. I think that HAARP is something that anyone of reasonable intelligence can understand. First, though, one has to plow through the public relations hand-outs.

Being a socialized extrovert sort of engineer, I end up translating a lot at various projects. I speak both Geek and Business Wonk.

Direct understanding requires no translation. Translation, in this case, being another name for a public relations hand-out.

If you say ERP is not defined, then you can't use it in your ruminations, either.

ERP, as a calculation, by definition, is limited to power in and an antenna. You're assuming that when John Hecksher said, "effective giga watt", he meant: effective radiated power. The effective radiated power for HAARP has been calculated based on a starting point of power output gleaned from a public relations hand-out. That's how it starts. It is further calculated based on known amplifications and attenuations. These calculations to 4 giga watts, while impressive in and of themselves, don't come close to factoring in the actual experimental environment. The ERP for HAARP is calculated using pre-HAARP standards. It's absolutely useless as a measure of true power for this particular gadget.

If you want to figure in other effects, you start with that number and then crank in your other factors. But you don't calculate ERP with the other factors in mind. It's not necessary and it obscures what's happening.

Yeah...the public is given a nonsense number supposed to represent the power of HAARP.

No, it's exactly the right word. It's jargon-y, though. You can have non-radiating field power as well, that gets into near field effects which are not in the scope of this discussion.

The scope of this discussion, per the OP, was that HAARP is a weapon. Seems like the power that HAARP is able to wield has been muddied at the outset by tossing out an ERP calculation as an end-all when it is only the beginning.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

From the link that you put up:

HAARP HF Transmitter Performance Calculator

•The power density at the center of the interactive region is about 0.0169 micro-watts per square-cm.

(this was calculated based on 2.8 mega herz and 350 kilometers)

Eastlund said it was one watt per square centimeter.

As far as I can tell that comes from this patent :

1. A method for establishing a region of a plasma at an altitude of at least about 1500 km above the surface of the earth, said method comprising:

providing at least one source of circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation having a first frequency in the range of from about 1800 to about 3600 kHz;

transmitting said electromagnetic radiation from said earth's surface substantially parallel to and along at least one of the earth's naturally occurring and diverging magnetic field lines and focused so as to provide a power flux of about 0.1 to about 1 watt per square centimeter at an altitude of at least 250 km;

adjusting said first frequency of said electromagnetic radiation to a value which will excite a first electron cyclotron resonance within plasma which normally exists adjacent said field line at a first altitude of at least about 250 km whereby said electron cyclotron resonance causes heating and further ionization of said plasma to form a plasma having an ion energy of at least 3 ev;

continuing to excite said first electron cyclotron resonance for a time between 0.1 and 1200 seconds sufficient to cause movement of said plasma upward along said diverging magnetic field lines from said first altitude to said region at said altitude of at least about 1500 km;

providing electromagnetic radiation having a second frequency in the range of from about 20 to 1800 kHz and different from said first frequency and which will excite further electron cyclotron resonance in said plasma after it has moved to said region to further heat and to further ionize said plasma and to raise the mirror points of said plasma; and

continuing to excite said second electron cyclotron resonance in said plasma to produce relativistic electrons in said plasma having an electron energy up to 20 million electron volts.

AFAIK this is not actually what HAARP does at all.

the so-called "HAARP Patent" is a different document/patent which includes this:

For example, if an electromagnetic energy flux of from about 1 to about 10 watts per square centimeter is applied to region R, whose altitude is 115 km, a plasma having a density (N.sub.e) of 10.sup.12 per cubic centimeter will be generated and moved upward to region R.sub.2 which has an altitude of about 1000 km.
- so is talking about 10 times the power density first patent, at over double the height

and it includes:

Some embodiments of the present invention require large amounts of power, e.g., up to 10.sup.9 to 10.sup.11 watts, in continuous wave or pulsed power.
("sup" = superscript - ie it means 10^9 to 10^11 Watts) - somewhere between 1 and 100 GW which is a great deal moer than HAARP uses (and that is power consumption - not broadcast equivalent!)

Thankyou for your isotropic radiator explanation. Very clear.

you are welcome

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

What has not been talked about in this thread is how FRAGILE the earths ecosystems are and how small electromagnetic waves can affect the systems of the brain and the environment.

Man is simply mass inventors of DEFECTIVE MACHINES.
The UNSINKABLE TITANTIC ....SANK
The night before fukushima I was watching AN EXPERT say there was no reason to be fearful because these plants have sooooo many safety systems, IT BLEW SKY HIGH 24 HOURS LATER.
It seems ego is the new intelligence, AND THE INTELIGENCE CURVE GOES BACK AROUND TO STUPID.

Building anything that puts millions of watts into our atmosphere ,not knowing what will actually happen , KICK IT IN THE ASS TO SEE WHAT IT DOES ATTITUDE is a recipe for CATASTOPHIC FALURE.

Within the last two decades a potential has emerged which is now feasible .The potential is the technical capability to DIRECTLY INFLUIENCE THE APPROXIMATELY 6 BILLION BRAINS of the human species by GENERATING NEURAL INFORMATION WITHIN THE PHYSICAL MEDIUM WE ARE ALL IMMERSED.
Persinger,ludwig,Ossenkopp

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity
reply to post by charlyv

Building anything that puts millions of watts into our atmosphere ,not knowing what will actually happen , KICK IT IN THE ASS TO SEE WHAT IT DOES ATTITUDE is a recipe for CATASTOPHIC FALURE.

so how come we haven't been turned into cinders by the untold trillions of watts of total radiated EMF generated since Marconi sparked a gap?

Or the EMF from lightening for that matter?

Let alone solar radiation.....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

reply to post by charlyv

so how come we haven't been turned into cinders by the untold trillions of watts of total radiated EMF generated since Marconi sparked a gap?

Or the EMF from lightening for that matter?

Let alone solar radiation.....

Exactly. Even though there is little to gain in these forums about explaining science to people who prefer to believe in pseudo-science, it irks me to no end how these people react to facts that totally blow their fantasy theories wide open, yet continue in that vein without stopping to ponder why it is that they cannot be what they insist they are.

I really pity the job of a science teacher who actually has to impact the learning potential of the entire reasonable class in a futile attempt to get these moronic minds tuned into reality. This becomes a factor in educational potential for the entire world, and the high schools and universities need to have a testing procedure to weed them out of this curriculum if they cannot accept some very basic accepted facts about the way things work.

I am not talking about the gifted, who become bored with classes when they could be let loose in a lab to come up with the next greatest technological breakthrough, instead, it is people who deny basic reality that are an infection that needs to be dealt maximum educational prejudice. Let them continue their fantasy bull# without academic credentials behind them that they use to substantiate their insanity. They would be left to explain why everything that our great minds have come up with so far are wrong, and prove it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Sooo Your wonderful mind tells you not to worry about experimenting on our atmosphere because we haven't been fried yet by harrp.It is these type GRANDIOSE thoughts that have caused major DISASTERS THROUGH OUT HISTORY.
I for one REFUSE TO WORSHIP YOUR GREAT MIND.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

Sooo Your wonderful mind tells you not to worry about experimenting on our atmosphere because we haven't been fried yet by harrp.It is these type GRANDIOSE thoughts that have caused major DISASTERS THROUGH OUT HISTORY.

Experimenting is great, and has led to many good things in life. It's led to some bad things, too. But until there is some proof of something bad happening (or something being likely to happen) due to HAARP experimentation with the Earth's ionosphere, there is absolutely no reason to avoid testing and experimentation of this sort. If something bad does happen, or some proof is shown that concludes that something bad is likely to happen with continued operations, I'd be on the anti-HAARP bandwagon like white on rice.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

which disasters are those?

enquiring minds and experimentation have also have delivered antibiotics, clean water, pain relief, much safer childbirth, enough food to feed the world (even if we can't distribute it properly!!), the computer you wrote that on, the electricity that powered that computer, the radio systems that allowedyour information to be transmitted in some areas, the fibre optices that sent it across oceans, the tractors that probably ploughed the fields that grew the grain that you had for breakfast or in your sandwhiches for lunch....

So you therefore still assume that the atom bomb is going to incinerate the world, and that anyone traveling at moer than 1 mile per minute will have the air sucked out of their lungs??

Or what??

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes experimenting has brought advances in multiple areas and I personally experiment no less than 10 separate subjects every day on my ..HYDROGEN GEN CELL, MY SOLAR PANNELS, FUEL SAVINGS INVENTIONS,ON ENERGY TRANSFERENCE,TRANSDUCERS, ETC.
But I don't mess with fragile systems of nature that COULD KILL US ALL JUST TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
There are some things that should be off limits to OUT OF CONTROLL RESEARCHERS.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yes experimenting has brought advances in multiple areas and I personally experiment no less than 10 separate subjects every day on my ..HYDROGEN GEN CELL, MY SOLAR PANNELS, FUEL SAVINGS INVENTIONS,ON ENERGY TRANSFERENCE,TRANSDUCERS, ETC.
But I don't mess with fragile systems of nature that COULD KILL US ALL JUST TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Then tell me sir, how does one find out if something is dangerous in the first place? Idea -> Test -> Dangerous -> Stop, or Idea -> Test -> Not Dangerous -> Keep Going.

And would you care to enlighten us about how HAARP is capable of messing with a fragile system of nature that could kill us all? If you're talking about something other than HAARP, you could possible have a point - give us an example and we can all discuss. But I really dont believe that HAARP fits anywhere near that sort of definition.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How do you know you are not messing with "fragile systems of nature that COULD KILL US ALL"?? Because someone has tested it in advance to see if that is the case?

Energy transference sounds like something that is EXACTLY messing with nature - snd since we actualy know nothing about it how do you know it cant' kill you??

And how do you know that HAARP is messing in such a dangerous way??

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

So, you are saying you need to WORSHIP something. That, friend, exemplifies my point more than anything else I could write. Science is also your friend, get acquainted.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

How do I know I am not messing with nature with my experiments?For one thing I start out with what is called SMALL SCALE analysis .I dont take mega watts of power and start blasting away at my environment to find a way to take over the atmosphere for PROFIT.
MOST CORPRATE researchers are not JUST OUT TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW they want to MAKE MONEY BY ENSLAVING THE NATURAL SYSTEMS OF EARTH........ TO OWN THEM.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

You are putting words in my mouth, All I said was I was not going to worship your "wonderful brain"
The only true knowledge is knowing we know nothing

In other words there are many things that we cannot comprehend in the universe but somehow we think we are sooooo smart because we can make earthquakes and rain on demand, I call it GRANDIOS OR THE ......GOD COMPLEX.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

In other words there are many things that we cannot comprehend in the universe but somehow we think we are sooooo smart because we can make earthquakes and rain on demand

Except we can't do either of those things.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

TWO MAN MADE EARTHQUAKES TRIGGERED
Two earthquakes were triggered today by pressurizing deep wells in the rangely oil fields in Colorado.The process works by lubricating the plates with pressurized fluid releasing built up friction in the plates. SCIENCE YEAR 1974
This is now CALLED FRACKING AND COULD CAUSE MAJOR DAMAGE TO THIS COUNTRY.
I contacted the D.O.J ,they said it is not ILLEAGAL TO MAKE EARTHQUAKES.
Phange
Your over thirty years late with your statement "THEY CANT MAKE EARTHQUAKES"

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Explain why harrp has so many seismographs attached to the system.you seem to know a lot about there equipment.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

Explain why harrp has so many seismographs attached to the system.

Show me one seismograph at HAARP.

edit on 12/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join