It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Graph Suggests Iran Working on Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
AP Exclusive: Graph Suggests Iran Working on Bomb

Iranian scientists have run computer simulations for a nuclear weapon that would produce more than triple the explosive force of the World War II bomb that destroyed Hiroshima, according to a diagram obtained by The Associated Press.

The diagram was leaked by officials from a country critical of Iran's atomic program to bolster their arguments that Iran's nuclear program must be halted before it produces a weapon. The officials provided the diagram only on condition that they and their country not be named.

Wait a minute... we're supposed to believe some wanna be smoking gun in regards to Iran and the development of nuclear weapons, when the source(country) of this information remains anonymous? Not saying, "it can't be true"... I guess I'd just expect more considering what this information could possibly inspire.

The International Atomic Energy Agency — the Vienna-based U.N. nuclear watchdog — reported last year that it had obtained diagrams indicating that Iran was calculating the "nuclear explosive yield" of potential weapons. A senior diplomat who is considered neutral on the issue confirmed that the graph obtained by the AP was indeed one of those cited by the IAEA in that report. He spoke only on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the issue.

The IAEA report mentioning the diagrams last year did not give details of what they showed. But the diagram seen by the AP shows a bell curve — with variables of time in micro-seconds, and power and energy both in kilotons — the traditional measurement of the energy output, and hence the destructive power of nuclear weapons. The curve peaks at just above 50 kilotons at around 2 microseconds, reflecting the full force of the weapon being modeled.

So, now a senior diplomat wants to remain anonymous while confirming that this is indeed one of the graphs cited by the IAEA.

Now we have a graph with important implications, with no idea who created them(or how they were obtained, which I accept) but anonymously confirmed... Is this just more propaganda or the fact of the matter?

abcnews.go.com...-WlKLNO0

I'm leading towards this being fact...

So now what? Bombs away?
edit on 27-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarity

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Bombs away...not yet , not till Israel gets in on this, for now just more fuel to the fire for them that want to after Iran. as far as the unknown source, Israel, India, or UK, but not the USA CIA.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

so let them make it and test it. they are not Israel to be secure of international anger ! so they would be punished really really really hard because they have acted against the NPT which they have signed it already !!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
Bombs away...not yet , not till Israel gets in on this, for now just more fuel to the fire for them that want to after Iran. as far as the unknown source, Israel, India, or UK, but not the USA CIA.

Isn't Israel able and willing at any moment to go after Iran's nuclear facilities?

Why do you say that the CIA is not the source of this information? just wondering...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Originally posted by bekod

Isn't Israel able and willing at any moment to go after Iran's nuclear facilities?

Why do you say that the CIA is not the source of this information? just wondering...

I actually agree this wasn't leaked by the CIA or any other american agency. I also believe this doesn't come from the IAEA or UN.

The source stated they wanted to remain anonymous, which translates to the source having interests in Iran. Being this a sensitive piece of information, only a country that had nuclear relations with Iran would have access to this.

By deduction, this provably comes from Russia. A country that has ties with Iran, and has helped them with their nuclear program.

The fact that the country wants to remain unknown also shows that they don't want to lose those ties, which is a rare thing, and points again to Russia.

Then you have the chance of Iran being developing nuclear weapons. Aiding them in their peaceful nuclear program is one thing, making bombs is another, since they could cause chaos in the region. That's another possibility that points towards Russia. They like the influence games and battles with the West, but they don't want a nuke there anymore than we do.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
From my point of view, this all seems like falsified information to increase a participatory mindset for continued war in the middle east. It seems like if Iran was out of the way, global powers will just destroy the region for resources. Even if Iran developed a nuclear bomb they would use it on Israel most likely, not US. Seriously though, until we start disarming our warheads we have no reason to complain about their technological developments. It is not our job to police countries for threats of actions that have not occurred.

I'm bringing back an oldie: "Don't believe everything you hear!" , and boy is it still a goodie.

top topics

join