It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Mosque Preaches Jihad..

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
to terrorist: "Stop or I'll....."

"You vil do vhat"?

"I'll say stop again"

Not an unfair representation of preferred Canadian approach to developing national and international peaceful dialogues as dispute resolution. It is also reflective of European approaches for the most part. Canada and Europe do not appear to be embroiled (for the most part) in fending off terrorist threats, fighting wars in the middle east, or living with populations that are constantly under tension and on alert.

Maybe there is a lesson in that.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Muslim leader's remark was clear to me

A column by Michael Coren writen for the Toronto Sun continues on this topic here at ATS.

*snicker* The Toronto Sun is a rag. I bet half the stories in there are flat-out made up.

As for this man's supposed remarks, didja think maybe he was raised in the Gaza strip, maybe? Maybe he was indoctrinated like that? Maybe some of his family got killed? Not that it's any defence, but hey, it would explain a lot.

DE

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
snicker* The Toronto Sun is a rag. I bet half the stories in there are flat-out made up.

As for this man's supposed remarks, didja think maybe he was raised in the Gaza strip, maybe? Maybe he was indoctrinated like that? Maybe some of his family got killed? Not that it's any defence, but hey, it would explain a lot.

DE

This sounds plausable to me it seems that every has their reasons, however it dont make anything right.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yesterday I mentioned the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS, the Canadian equivalent of the CIA). I consulted their site, and found the section on terrorism to be pertinent to this discussion.

The addy is www.csis-scrs.gc.ca...

It's a long read, so excerpts:

"CSIS has a mandate to collect information in Canada and abroad, and to advise government about activities that may constitute a threat to the security of Canada. This includes anyone who advocates the use of violence to further political, religious or ideological objectives."

"Prior to the events of September 11, Sunni Islamic extremism was already the lead investigation within CSIS�s Counter Terrorism program, and has been for a number of years. The events of September 11 did not change this focus; they only intensified existing investigations against Sunni extremists in Canada."

"Canada�s Anti-terrorism Act created measures to deter, disable, identify, and prosecute those engaged in terrorist activities or supporting these activities. The intent of the legislation makes it an offence to knowingly support terrorist organizations, whether through overt violence, or by providing support through documentation, shelter or funds."

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As a Canadian I am very offended by your hateful comments. Canada works very hard for peace. We have hate crime laws, and our military has sent more peace keepers than any other nation. Although Canada is not a part of your fancy schmancy coalition, we are working throughout the world to fight terrorists. We can barely defend our homes because we are out defending everyone else. Another thing is that the Koran and Islam are peaceful. The Koran specificaly states that if one kills any believer of the book (Jews and Christians) are not to be killed for any reason having to do with religion because Muslims, Christians and Jews are all apart of the covenant that God made with Abraham. The conflict with extremist Muslims started in this century. In Spain the Muslim government allowed Christians and Jews to live in peace during the early middle ages. In Iraq currently there are 30.000, people(roughly) who are extremists out of 3 million people. These are the men who make it on the news. They are not in Jihad. THey will go to Hell because they have broken the laws of the Koran. Anyways please stop attacking Canadians and Muslims. Thanks Eh!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm a Western Canadian who can't stand liberals & crybaby political pc tree huggings lunatics. Western Canada is conservative, if we were part of the U.S. we would vote republican, we support Bush and we wanted to be part of the coalition, BUT quebec was having a provicial election at the time and the liberlas didn't want to get defeated by the the Bloc' so they copied France's stand even though france doesn't even like french canadians. That;s why we didn't go to war. Western Canada loves the U.S. & Britian, we are your biggest ally & friend, we just lack the population to fight against Ontario & quebecs tyrannical dictatorship.
Gun Registry = billions of missing tax dollars.
Quebec = Free Day care
Saskatchewan & Alberta's oil & gas pay for Quebecs free day care but Saskatchewan & Alberta don't get free day care. Canada became independant from England. Someday Western canada will seperate from Canada and we will be extremely wealthy 7 powerfull. We WCan's have all the resources, oil, potash, natural gas, lumber, uranium, diamonds, coal, land for agriculture.
Why is it illegal for wheat growing Sask to have a pasta factory? No they have to ship resources to quebec so they get the jobs.

The Western Canadian Liberation Front is growing and we love America!
Nuke Quebec.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
I'm a Western Canadian who can't stand liberals & crybaby political pc tree huggings lunatics. Western Canada is conservative, if we were part of the U.S. we would vote republican, we support Bush and we wanted to be part of the coalition, BUT quebec was having a provicial election at the time and the liberlas didn't want to get defeated by the the Bloc' so they copied France's stand even though france doesn't even like french canadians.

Quebec = Free Day care
Saskatchewan & Alberta's oil & gas pay for Quebecs free day care but Saskatchewan & Alberta don't get free day care. Canada became independant from England. Someday Western canada will seperate from Canada and we will be extremely wealthy 7 powerfull. We WCan's have all the resources, oil, potash, natural gas, lumber, uranium, diamonds, coal, land for agriculture.
Why is it illegal for wheat growing Sask to have a pasta factory? No they have to ship resources to quebec so they get the jobs.

Nuke Quebec.

It sounds like Western Canada is being made to pay for Quebec and the rest of Eastern Canada. We have a similar situation here in the US - the Red States (conservative) produce and the Blue states (liberals) consume. We would love to have you as a trading partner, or better yet, another Red state.
Then you would be able to profit from what you produce; none off this "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" bs.

Besides having many natural resources, I've always thought that Western Canada is the most beautiful part of Canada.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just a note the the American......if I remember correctly the last war via Canada and US...we kicked y'r ass (big time)....chased you all past Washington....hee....heee......so don't think about it this time....we again would let the people in the Urban areas and (the French) take the first wave and then the major force of Newfoundland to finish you off.....lol

Your Canadaian friend,
Sven

(PS.....we will always have flowers for our US friends....always).

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
One more thing....we will bring the Canadian Beer 2. But not that good now a day'z...without the Hockey to go with it.....maybe we just take the NFL back t'a Canada (and put skates on the player)...that would be cool.

Sven

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I'm a Western Canadian who can't stand liberals & crybaby political pc tree huggings lunatics.

Here, children, is the perfect example of the CENTRAL canadian attitude towards everyone else. 'if you're not like us, you're against us'. CENTRAL canada - the prairies - whines and bickers all the time. Their attitude is very American- xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc. Enlightened, no? Oh, and this attitude is restrained to the prairies, not BC. We tight with BC.

Western Canada is conservative, if we were part of the U.S. we would vote republican, we support Bush and we wanted to be part of the coalition, BUT quebec was having a provicial election at the time and the liberlas didn't want to get defeated by the the Bloc' so they copied France's stand even though france doesn't even like french canadians. That;s why we didn't go to war.

We didn't go to war because the majority of the population did not want to go to war. This is refered to as 'democracy', remember?

Western Canada loves the U.S. & Britian, we are your biggest ally & friend, we just lack the population to fight against Ontario & quebecs tyrannical dictatorship.

We in the East still like Britain. Remember the comments about 'democracy'?

You're preaching to the choir. The new gun registry is a huge waste.

Quebec = Free Day care
Saskatchewan & Alberta's oil & gas pay for Quebecs free day care but Saskatchewan & Alberta don't get free day care.

No, they don't. See, we have this resource, it's called hydroelectric power.
We sell it to people like you and the americans, who would reduce the planet to a ball of toxic waste without a second thought. This is how we fund these programs called social services.

Canada became independant from England. Someday Western canada will seperate from Canada and we will be extremely wealthy 7 powerfull. We WCan's have all the resources, oil, potash, natural gas, lumber, uranium, diamonds, coal, land for agriculture.

No, see, you don't. If the government would sink money into the territories, they'd be pulling up emeralds as big as your head and diamonds the size of your fist daily. Every province and territory has lumber. You have oil, enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh, boo hoo. ANother hard luck story from the prairies. Now, if you could get past your self-centered and self-righteous attitude, I'll tell you about what conservatives have done for the rest of everyone. In the 80s, the conservatives engaged in gross mismanagement of the maritimer's fish stocks, resulting in massive unemployment. They're just getting back on their feet now. Or how about NAFTA, which has severely limited our trading abilities? Maybe the territories, that's a hard luck story if I ever heard one. Your bitching about a few factories can't even compare.

Nuke Quebec.

As your beloved conservative americans are fond of saying, "If you don't like it, leave." No one is forcing you to stay in canada. Just stand up, leave your dirt farm, and walk south. Not a soul will miss you, and trust me- people are already lining up come live in Canada.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Originally posted by LostSailor
Hockey is the only thing from Canada worth anything

you forgot the BEER!

And there are some dang sexay womenz from Canada.

And that circus that Americans just can't get enough of.

And Lumber.

And Oil.

And
WATER
Ice Wine!
Mike Myers
Jim Carrey
Celion Dion
Shania Twain
Brian Adams
Martin Sheen (the prez on West Wing)
Mary Pickford
Louis B. Mayer (founder of MGM)
The Sutherlands (Donald and Keifer)
Keanu Reeves
(there are too many more to mention: www.canadaswalkoffame.com...)
Dr. Frederick Banting (discovered Insulin)
Alexander Graham Bell (the telephone, hello!!!)
IMAX
Blackberry pagers (the only ones who worked on 9/11 in NY)
Ski-doos (Bom-bar-dee-EH, yeah!)
Mustard (Canada goes more than any other country!)

Getting pooped here...anyone else care to continue???

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

I'm a Western Canadian who can't stand liberals & crybaby political pc tree huggings lunatics.

Here, children, is the perfect example of the CENTRAL canadian attitude towards everyone else. 'if you're not like us, you're against us'. CENTRAL canada - the prairies - whines and bickers all the time. Their attitude is very American- xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc. Enlightened, no? Oh, and this attitude is restrained to the prairies, not BC. We tight with BC.

Western Canada is conservative, if we were part of the U.S. we would vote republican, we support Bush and we wanted to be part of the coalition, BUT quebec was having a provicial election at the time and the liberlas didn't want to get defeated by the the Bloc' so they copied France's stand even though france doesn't even like french canadians. That;s why we didn't go to war.

We didn't go to war because the majority of the population did not want to go to war. This is refered to as 'democracy', remember?

Western Canada loves the U.S. & Britian, we are your biggest ally & friend, we just lack the population to fight against Ontario & quebecs tyrannical dictatorship.

We in the East still like Britain. Remember the comments about 'democracy'?

You're preaching to the choir. The new gun registry is a huge waste.

Quebec = Free Day care
Saskatchewan & Alberta's oil & gas pay for Quebecs free day care but Saskatchewan & Alberta don't get free day care.

No, they don't. See, we have this resource, it's called hydroelectric power.
We sell it to people like you and the americans, who would reduce the planet to a ball of toxic waste without a second thought. This is how we fund these programs called social services.

Canada became independant from England. Someday Western canada will seperate from Canada and we will be extremely wealthy 7 powerfull. We WCan's have all the resources, oil, potash, natural gas, lumber, uranium, diamonds, coal, land for agriculture.

No, see, you don't. If the government would sink money into the territories, they'd be pulling up emeralds as big as your head and diamonds the size of your fist daily. Every province and territory has lumber. You have oil, enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh, boo hoo. ANother hard luck story from the prairies. Now, if you could get past your self-centered and self-righteous attitude, I'll tell you about what conservatives have done for the rest of everyone. In the 80s, the conservatives engaged in gross mismanagement of the maritimer's fish stocks, resulting in massive unemployment. They're just getting back on their feet now. Or how about NAFTA, which has severely limited our trading abilities? Maybe the territories, that's a hard luck story if I ever heard one. Your bitching about a few factories can't even compare.

Nuke Quebec.

As your beloved conservative americans are fond of saying, "If you don't like it, leave." No one is forcing you to stay in canada. Just stand up, leave your dirt farm, and walk south. Not a soul will miss you, and trust me- people are already lining up come live in Canada.

I'm luvin' you, whoever you are! Well said!

Merci from Ontario (land of sparking waters)

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have to agree with the last poster. Thank you from Ontario, DeusEx.

By God, you'd believe that Western Canadians are martyrs at the hands of we bad, bad Ontarians and Qu�b�cois. Last time I looked, the standard of living was pretty high BOTH in Western Canada, Ontario and Qu�bec. If there's no difference in that standard of living... I'd rather be a French-speaking liberal than a Western redneck, thank you very much. At least we care more about human beings than about guns.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

BUT quebec was having a provicial election at the time and the liberlas didn't want to get defeated by the the Bloc' so they copied France's stand

That's a very poor evaluation of why Qu�bec voted liberal in 2003. First of all, the Bloc is at the FEDERAL level, not the provincial. You're mixing apples and oranges.

Second of all, that election campaign wasn't about Iraq OR France OR even Qu�bec's constitutional rights. The Parti Qu�b�cois had been in power for nine years, its social policies were worn out and it was time for a change (since the 50's, no party has had more than two consecutive terms in power in Qu�bec). The election was waged on the issues of health, government finances and education, not on international policy... which also happens to be a FEDERAL jurisdiction, not a provincial one.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Quebec = Free Day care

Now, how ridiculous a statement is that? Quebec's day care program is a provincial benefit and good for them for having their priorities in order. If Alberta has no free day care (or any other decent social support network), speak to your Bush-loving premier, Ralph Klein, who raped the whole system to pay off the province's debt. So yeah, now Alberta has a surplus, but big deal, how many people suffered and continue to suffer because of it? And he keeps getting re-elected, so you know what, you deserve what you get.

Ontario pays its fair share to the have-not provinces, but we're still doing okay.

Thank God for the decency of liberal-minded folks, here and south of the border who care about what happens to their fellow citizens and neighbours. You don't have to be a bleeding heart to be a decent human being and citizen. Red Neck conservatives seem to be ignorant of just about everything at home and around the world, and only believe in the motto "Look out for No. 1". Disgusting.

[edit on 9/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As one Canadian to another, get a grip guys! All this noise and in fighting started because you let some low-brow red-neck from another country get under your skin. I was born in Ontario, lived in Saskatchewan and now reside in British Columbia. I've been coast to coast and can say with certainty that we're all the same. The French are a bit different, but if you had to deal with some of their politicians, you would be a bit different too.
This all started because some Imam in a mosque said some inflamatory things about Isreal. I'm darn sure that some one is keeping an eye on him, because we have some hefty hate laws here in Canada to deal with people like that.
And if they're not, someone will complain about it and the Mounties will swoop down. You know how the mounties like to swoop in, all riot gear and big guns, and arrest people. They'll get out the pepper spray and just hose the place down.
As for Canadians being cowards, I dare you to come up here and say that to our face. Our Canadian Forces are the most feared and revered fighting unit in the world. We dare live in a climate that is trying to kill us for a good part of the year. Our government routinely stands up to the super power to our south and tells them to get stuffed, although not as often as we wish they would. Our Peacekeeping duty for the UN and NATO has been an example to the rest of the world, and we have never shirked our duty or obligations. We obey the treaties that we sign, unlike some people south of us and uphold our responsibilities.
Iraq was and is an American war. Why should we get all tied up in your propaganda and bloodlust. Bush tried to bully us into joining and we said NO! right at the beginning, before the invasion. No amount of chest beating is going to make us feel bad about not going to war over things that don't involve us.
As for invading Canada, go right ahead and try. We've got almost as many rifles per capita as the US, only we know how to use them. Not to mention the large number of countries that hold treaties with us obligating them to come to our defense and aid in repelling an invasion force. Just imagine 30 million angry Canadians with German, English, Irish, French, Australian, New Zealand, Belgium, Dutch, Finish, Norwegian, Swedish, Turkish, Italian and Greek troops all ticked off and kicking your butt back south of the border. Then imagine the reparations to Canada as we annex Alaska for your foul deeds. Your country wouldn't be able to show it's face in public for centuries.
To conclude my little rant, let me say that just because a few Moslems are being morons, doesn't make all Moslems morons. We don't paint all the Christian sects with the same brush, why do it to all the Islamic sects. There are people out there doing horrible things in the name of God, and they come from all types of different religious backgrounds. It's just the name of God in different languages people. Get a grip already!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join