It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN's Large Hadron Collider Reveals New Type of Matter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think this part of the write up is important enough to reiterate:

...some pairs of particles flew away from each other with their respective directions correlated

What this tells me is that they may very well have found evidence to quantum theory regarding the "double-slit experiment" of how an electron can appear to be at two different places at the same time.

Another words, "twin" particles both acting and responding in perfect sync with one another while going in different directions... over here and over there.

Or is my line of thinking way off in left field ?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

...some pairs of particles flew away from each other with their respective directions correlated

What this tells me is that they may very well have found evidence to quantum theory regarding the "double-slit experiment" of how an electron can appear to be at two different places at the same time.

Another words, "twin" particles both acting and responding in perfect sync with one another while going in different directions... over here and over there.

Ha... Yeah it is important.

My mind goes even deeper down the rabbit hole and postulates this is how humanity came about. We split (atom-adam).... thus two genders. We have not a soul mate but a twin soul. I know.... Im cookoo for cocoa puffs.

edit on 28-11-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wrong thread. My apologies.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Just slightly. The CERN experiment detected two separate particles that were somehow connected so that one knew what the other was doing. In the double slit experiment a single photon was detected to have been in two places at the same time.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Just slightly. The CERN experiment detected two separate particles that were somehow connected so that one knew what the other was doing. In the double slit experiment a single photon was detected to have been in two places at the same time.

But that's just it... maybe they aren't two different particles, but are actually one of the same. Rather they are not communicating, instead they are mirroring because they're their actually the same. Maybe these scientists are just automatically assuming they're two different particles (because of the physical separation they're seeing) but in actuality, they're "twinned".

I know, I know. I'm thinking a little too Star Trekkie-ish.
But hey... it's quantum physics where anything goes into postulation.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

No, I won't share. You will have to ask in a manner sufficiently devoid of witless sarcastic drivel.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

"We live in a world of matter – everything in the Universe, including ourselves, is made of matter. Antimatter is like a twin version of matter, but with opposite electric charge. At the birth of the Universe, equal amounts of matter and antimatter should have been produced in the Big Bang. But when matter and antimatter particles meet, they annihilate each other, transforming into energy. Somehow, a tiny fraction of matter must have survived to form the Universe we live in today, with hardly any antimatter left. Why does Nature appear to have this bias for matter over antimatter? "

do you know much about antimatter particles? where they naturally exist? what type of reactions they are made in? what type of "energy" is produced when they annihilate?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
reply to post by delusion

No, I won't share. You will have to ask in a manner sufficiently devoid of witless sarcastic drivel.

God that's going to be hard to resist, you make it so tempting.

Okay, no witless sarcastic drivel, please qualify your statement - "CERN is the largest scientific fraud since Einstein. Complete nonsense."

Seriously, what does that mean? How was Einstein a fraud, and how is CERN the latest equivalent?
Why would you come to a thread about CERN, say something like that and not even bother to explain what you mean?
Is your anti-establishment rebelliousness just supposed to dazzle us with your implied genius, and we'll just go "Oh yeah, he must be right, I can't believe I never thought of that."
I mean, if some guy, says that one of the supposed smartest men ever is a fraud, that guy MUST be a brilliant maverick genius right?

Okay damn, I slipped into witless sarcastic drivel mode again. It's REALLY HARD not to with the material you give to work with though.

Just explain please. Seriously. I am interested in your viewpoint and how you came to think it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusChrist122

You're spamming this forum with content ripped from this website. Not only is spamming content from other sties against the TACs but it's also completely inappropriate to barge into threads and dump these nonsensical and completely off-topic ramblings, especially in the Science & Technology forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join