It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians to petition ICC if Yasser Arafat poisoning proved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
SOURCE

Palestinians say they will petition the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague if it’s proved that their former leader Yasser Arafat was poisoned to death.

Tawfiq Tirawi , Head of the Palestinian commission investigating Arafat's death said :

- If it is proved that Arafat was poisoned, we will go to the international court
- We will wait for the results of the investigation
- We are not accusing anyone so far but regardless of the result, we will continue looking for the truth about how he died

Many Palestinians believe that Israel's spy agency, Mossad, poisoned Arafat with a radioactive element

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its obvious Israel killed the Yasser Arafat just like many other world renowned individuals
After it is proved within few months , Israel will surely get lots of sleepless Nights

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
*IF* he was really poisoned, I'm sure the people responsible don't want it to come to light.

Can you imagine being one of the investigators in this? I'd live in constant fear of a MOSSAD hit squad with ricin or something. Maybe an "unfortunate" car accident. These people are very good at their jobs and can make your death look like a complete accident or a suicide.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Israel will surely get lots of sleepless Nights

I am sure Palestine will bring up charges to the international courts, however I really doubt Israel is losing sleep over it.

The investigation is based on their ability to find traces of the poison in the current state of the body. If they detect a trace of radio active material, it is still a very long way to prove it was Israel, even though it would be the most likely culprit. Israel will probably be blamed upon detection of the radioactive isotopes and will continue to be blamed regardless of the outcome of the investigation.

Furthermore, Israel has a history of disregarding the rulings of the ICJ ( international court of justice)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Its obvious Israel killed the Yasser Arafat just like many other world renowned individuals
After it is proved within few months , Israel will surely get lots of sleepless Nights

If it's 'obvious' to you, I hope you've presented all your evidence proving it beyond all doubt to the appropriate authorities?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

like 007 israel has an license to kill.....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I feel sorry for Israel and its Notorious criminal Intelligence service . They think they can execute anyone without getting punished . Lets remind Them : World is Watching You

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why would anythng happen? Israel has already admitted to killing Iranian nuclear scientists. No repercussions so far.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

This time Palestinians will go to ICC . They surely will get the justice .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
..... Aren't we making a heck of a lot of assumptions here? We don't know that he WAS poisoned and like others have said...he was a moderate in his later years. Israel had every reason to hope for his good health, when comparing what sat to replace him. Abbas hasn't turned out to be too bad..but good God, look what Gaza got in the wake of Arafat's death. Hardly what Israel could have considered moving up in the world.

We also have the fact Arafat was hardly rushed off in total secrecy to hide away from his own doctors, supporters and loved ones (I'm assuming he had some). They did really check into this before burying him.

So I want to know..among all the grandstanding and broad statements of justice and great things to do IF he's proven poisoned where no one could find this before.......what is done if they are proven 100% wrong and they dug this man's body up for absolutely NOTHING? Do we even hear an apology out of them for the desecration to prove a conspiracy theory that doesn't exist?? They need to AT LEAST be ready with that much, if their "hopes" as it seems to be, aren't proven true. Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It does not matter if they prove Israel did it or not. It doesn't even matter if Israel even did it or not. The Palestinians will blame them regardless.

The Palestinians will have the martyr they've been waiting for.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine

Why is it obvious that Israel killed him?

Hamas isn't the only group that wants full control within Palestine. There are several groups who want attention and power, and it's as plausible that another group killed him to tipple the balance of power and influence, as the Israelis doing it for some other interest.

There are a lot of political and strategic interests in the Palestine subject, and it's often use as a flag for campaigns and to gain influence and popular sympathy among arabs.

The investigation just started, and people are already pooping sentences.

But it's irrelevant. If the investigation ends and another entity/person is found guilty - assuming the responsible will be found - then people will just start making stuff up, involving Israel one way or another.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If for some reason it turns out that Arafat was poisoned, how in the world do you determine who poisoned him?

According to this article, Arafat's wife accused the Palestinians themselves of trying to kill him in order take over his position...

Jerusalem (CNSNews.com) - Suha Arafat, wife of the ailing Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat, accused the Palestinian leadership on Monday of trying to bury her husband alive.

Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia (Abu Ala), Arafat's PLO deputy, former Prime Minister Abu Mazen, and PA Foreign Minister Nabil Sha'ath canceled their trip to Paris on Monday after Suha accused them of conspiracy. It now appears that they will travel to Paris on Tuesday.

In a screaming telephone interview with the pan-Arabic satellite television channel Al-Jazeera, Suha accused Abu Ala and Abu Mazen of conspiring to take her husband's place.

"Let it be known to the honest Palestinian people that a bunch of those who want to inherit are coming to Paris," she said in her appeal in Arabic.

web.archive.org...://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=/ForeignBureaus/archive/200411/FOR20041108c.html

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If for some reason it turns out that Arafat was poisoned, how in the world do you determine who poisoned him?

I'm oblivious as to how they are going to accomplish that. Especially considering he was a public figure and a lot of people had access to him.

Heck, if he was poisoned, someone could have pinched him while meeting someone for an interview.

According to this article, Arafat's wife accused the Palestinians themselves of trying to kill him in order take over his position...

Yes, but people will be too entertained blaming Israel and being short-sighted about it to fully realize the extent of possible assassins.

top topics

join