It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to back Palestinian bid for observer status at UN Assembly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I am sorry, good on France on allowing a state whose government indoctrinates Palestinians into teaching their children to hate Israel, and to show them a world without the state of Israel in it?...

Teaching children to hate and kill

"Palestinian" "moderates" Instilling genocidal dreams from early youth: "PA cartoons: Teach children to seek world without Israel," by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik for Palestinian Media Watch, April 15:

Palestinian parents should teach their children that it is their role or destiny to destroy Israel, according to a cartoon in the official PA daily.
Text in book: "Palestine"
Mother's words: "This is your bride...
When you grow up you will know the dowry."
In the cartoon, a mother is showing her son a book with a map that includes all of Israel and the PA areas. The text in the book defines the map as "Palestine."

The mother tells her son:
"This is your bride... when you grow up you will know the dowry."
[Al-Hayat Al-Jadida,
March 31, 2012]

The message of the PA daily is that parents either are educating their children or should be educating their children to see their obligation to replace all of Israel with a state of "Palestine." The dowry - the cost of liberating Palestine - is yet to be learned.

Last week, Palestinian Media Watch reported that the Minister of Social Affairs, Majida Al-Masri, said in a speech that Palestinian unity is needed in order achieve "the liberation of Palestine - all of Palestine," meaning Israel's destruction....

www.jihadwatch.org...

The same Palestinian authority that teaches Palestinians into allowing their children to be used as soldiers, and as suicide bombers against Israelis?...

Watch here some of the tactics used by Palestinian terrorists, and the Palestinian authorities, using children as shields, and as scouts, then when children or women are killed they use their deaths to instill hatred against the Israelis, and only the very naive believe these lies that the Israelis are the evil ones.

Here are videos of how Palestinian terrorists, and the Palestin ian authorities indoctrinate children and train them to be terrorists, including to become suicide bombers.

Here is another.

How many if not most Palestinian children are taught to play.

The following deals with how the Palestinian television is used to indoctrinate children and young adults to become terrorists, and this of course is done with the backing of the Palestinian authorities who are the government of the future Palestine.

Here is one video, of the many, of a 14 year old who was strapped with a vest with explosives to become a suicide bomber, but how he changed his mind, as he says he is afraid to die, and slowly takes it off.

You can also see on the above video how the rest of the Palestinians around do NOTHING to protect that child.

In the following you can even hear the testimonies of what happens to Palestinians who choose not to get involved in terrorist activities.

At 1:30 you can read that Palestinians who choose not to be involved either get killed or have to escape to...guess where?... ISRAEL...

So next time you should be doing some real research instead of spending only 15 minutes watching Palestinian terrorist propaganda...

BTW, here is a picture of some of the many "evil zionists" murdered by Palestinian terrorists, which include Tali Hatuel and her 4 daughters who were murdered in 2004 by Palestinian terrorists at close range, and the Palestinian terrorists made sure that NONE of the children, or the mother who was pregnant, would survive...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff7c2c289f64.jpg[/atsimg]

Several hours after the murderous attack on the Hatuel family of Katif - leaving David Hatuel bereft of his entire family: his pregnant wife and four daughters - PA radio praised the murderous terrorists as "heroic martyrs," and their heinous crime as one of "heroic martyrdom." In its report the next morning, the PA radio referred to the Jewish residents of Gaza as "settlers" and "terrorists" in light of their plans to build a new neighborhood in N'vei Dekalim. The radio mentioned that the victims of the Sunday attack were "settlers," neglecting to note that they were a pregnant woman and four little girls who were shot to death at point-blank range. So reports Dr. Michael Widlanski of Hebrew University

www.militantislammonitor.org...

How dare those "evil zionists" exist?...

To HELL with France.

(and i was going to write something with a little more punch instead of HELL, starting with the word F)

edit on 28-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
@don'treally "I don't pick and choose who I want to read and learn from like you do. ... in order to support my pre-made conclusions."

Hahahahahaha!

Did you really just say that?!?

I haven't been here long, but it seems to me you support any document which 'proves' Israel is 'right'.

Just b/c Obama got a nobel Peace Prize, it doesn't convince me that his actions are peaceful.

Just b/c these lying scumbag politicians spout double-speak nonsense doesn't mean everyone believes them.

I'll go by their actions and their own published reports which laid out the plans, some years ago, for the very actions we are seeing today.
edit on 28-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

wow...and is that your response?... To ignore evidence that shows the truth of the Palestinian authority?...

Nice work... I guess to you a line with "hahahahahahahaha" is evidence enough...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

It's almost comical to see you mentioning Fawaz A. Gerges as a source of information.

The Transformation of Hamas

Despite its frequently reactionary rhetoric, Hamas is a rational actor, a conclusion reached by former Mossad chief Ephraim Halevy, who also served as Ariel Sharon's national security adviser and who is certainly not a peacenik. The Hamas leadership has undergone a transformation "right under our very noses" by recognizing that "its ideological goal is not attainable and will not be in the foreseeable future," Halevy wrote in the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot just before the 2008 attack on Gaza.

He believes Hamas is ready and willing to accept the establishment of a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders. The US Army Strategic Studies Institute published a similar analysis just before the Israeli offensive, concluding that Hamas was considering a shift of its position and that "Israel's stance toward [Hamas]...has been a major obstacle to substantive peacemaking."

Indeed, it could be argued that Hamas has moved closer to a vision of peace consistent with international law and consensus (two separate states in historic Palestine, divided more or less along the '67 borders with East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, and recognition of all states in the region) than the current Israeli governing coalition.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vehemently opposes the establishment of a genuinely viable Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza, and is opposed to giving up any part of Jerusalem--and Netanyahu's governing coalition is more right wing and pro-settlement than he is.

source

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was replying to don'treally, not you.

Also, I think you're confusing the PA with Hamas. The PA is the group calling for political and diplomatic solutions, ie UN recognition, which Israel and the US have stated they intend to block(?!?), while Hamas represents the extremist armed resistance, which the US and Israel only support when it's in service of their agenda. Wait...what?!?

(I haven't indicated I support extremist actions or indoctrination by anyone.)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

It's almost comical to see you mentioning Fawaz A. Gerges as a source of information.

What's comical about it? I deliberately mentioned him to express my non-partisan reading habits.

However, if you've read the book I mentioned, you would understand an additional reason why I mentioned him. He doesn't 'trust" Hamas beyond all qualification. Although, in this particular article you quote, he does seem to contradict the reticence he shows in the book I mentioned.

Reread this:

I find it hilarious that while many of you are willing to accord political pragmatism to Islamists, none of you are willing to do the same with Israel. Instead, the world is turned upside down: religious fundamentalists can be trusted with political power and are expected not to pursue religious goals with it, whereas a secular liberal democracy like Israel is imagined to be pursuing religious goals that more properly belong to religious fundamentalists.

Isn't that your laughable contention? That the secular government of Israel is pursuing a state called "greater Israel'?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I think you know exactly what's so comical about it. Repeatedly screaming "the caliphate is coming" and then referring to your 'non-partisan reading habits' (whatever that means), is adding to the amusement.

But it is no surprise you've missed the important part, again.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vehemently opposes the establishment of a genuinely viable Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza, and is opposed to giving up any part of Jerusalem--and Netanyahu's governing coalition is more right wing and pro-settlement than he is.

In the geopolitical sphere, the recent revolutions in the Arab world and the doomsday prophesies about the collapse of the peace agreements Israel has signed would appear to be good news to the Israeli right. No more peace process with the Palestinians. No more withdrawals and disengagements. Only one state, from the sea to the river.

haaretz.com

Greater Israel

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Repeatedly screaming "the caliphate is coming"

I don't repeatedly "scream the caliphate is coming"; however, it is germane to mention what Islamists themselves believe, is it not?

and then referring to your 'non-partisan reading habits' (whatever that means)

It means exactly what it professes to mean: I don't read just pro-Israel writings, but also anti-Israel writings. I have books from Ilan Pappe (very against Israel) and Alan Dershowitz (very for Israel) in my collection.

There was nothing remotely unintelligible in what I wrote.

Yeah, that's an incredibly exaggerated statement. He makes such a sweeping statement not realizing, or even taking into account, the reasons for an impasse between Israel (and Natanyahu's government) and the PA. One, the PA demands that 4 million grandchildren of former residents of Palestine to be repatriated to Israel proper. The demographic issues this would create (which is why the PA makes the demand in the first place) would dramatically change the demographics of the state of Israel. Secondly, they've asked for "all of Jerusalem"; not just east Jerusalem, but the entire city, as the capital of a new Palestinian state. This is especially unfair given the religious significance of Jerusalem to religious Jews, and the fact that the city has had a proportionally larger Jewish population than Muslims for the last 200 or so years. With regard to the religious significance of Jerusalem: where do Muslims face when they pray? If they happen to be Jerusalem Muslims, they turn their behind to the dome of the rock and face southwards towards Mecca. Conversely, Jews, wherever they are, face Jerusalem when they say their 3 daily prayers. Thirdly, the PA have demands about complete de-occupation of the west bank, even in those areas which are necessary to defend Israel's economic and population heartland, the Tel Aviv coastal plain. The West Bank - which would be Palestinian territory, is apart of the geological area called the central hills. It thus has crucial strategic value for terrorists who want to shoot rockets into Israel.

Does that seem like Israel is unreasonably preventing the creation of the state? Or is the PA making unreasonable demands out of Israel, which could very well result in Israels destruction, whether religiously/spiritually, by denying them connection to Jerusalem, demographically by overrunning the Jewish state with Arabs, or militarily by shooting rockets from strategically important land. All these demands confirm one sort of policy: Israels destruction.

Greater Israel...

Neither the article quoted, nor you, have provided any substantial basis to this claim.

Besides that obvious point, you seem to have excluded from possibility that this was a propaganda piece. Haaeretz has a nasty reputation for doing this.

But for clarities sake, I'll engage you in discussion on this topic.

There is an enormous difference between fostering a policy of annexation of Judea and Samaria (incidentally, the most historically Jewish area of ancient Israel) and harboring visions of a state from the Nile to the Euphrates. To belie the claim that Israel wants a state from the Nile to the Euphrates, why would Israel give away the Sinai - which began at the Nile - to Egypt, even with all it's oil reserves, for a promise of peace? If Israel were acting pragmatically - as they were - it makes sense why they did that. They had something which could be exchanged for an internationally binding assurance of peace. Because they wanted peace and not a greater Israel, they gave it away.

The reason why Judea, Samaria and perhaps Gaza might be incorporated into Israel proper is due to the intractable demands made by the PA. It does not in any shape or form support the notion of a "greater Israel", as greater Israel is a territory that is many times greater than Israel's current size. Judea and Samaria - which contains old Jerusalem and many other biblical towns and cities (besides ramallah), has much greater religious and national meaning than anything beyond the Jordan.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
What they achieve by this recognition is the possibility to take things to international court.
If true you know the court will be flooded with Palistinian charges for years to come.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm surprised it's France...

Am I missing something?
edit on 28-11-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't repeatedly "scream the caliphate is coming";

The ultimate end goal is a caliphate - a union of many Islamic states. Islamist states currently exist in Egypt, soon to be Syria, and probably Libya as well.

So let me make something clear to you. When you let people with this sort of ideology to mobilize, what is the result? The result is allowing them to empower themselves; to reestablish the caliphate, and then become a much more prickly thorn in the side of the west.

The ultimate goal of Islamic doctrine is a global Caliphate under Sharia law.

You speak as if this group doesn't exist, as if we should have nothing to fear about this, although they express their wishes after establishing a caliphate, to expand the caliphate; whether this is done through expansionist wars, or proselytization is hard to say; but one would be compelled, given the aberrant phenomena of Islamic suicide bombings, that a Caliphate would extremely belligerent to non-Muslim states.

You're applying your own ideas to words which have nothing to do with the concepts they ascribe to them. They are a MILITANTS creed. The Muslim Brotherhood aims, and everyone who knows anything about them knows this - for ressurecting the Islamic caliphate.

Obsession

Noun
obsession (countable and uncountable; plural obsessions)

1.A compulsive or irrational preoccupation.

2.An unhealthy fixation.

Islamophobia

Islamophobia denotes prejudice against, or hatred or irrational fear of, Muslims.

not to be confused with:

Anti-Arabism or Arabophobia is consistent advocacy of discrimination, extermination, prejudice, , hatred, or genocide toward Arabs

What the Arabs intend for Israel

Want me to continue?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I don't understand the relevance of what you wrote.

Yes, I am against a caliphate; just as I am against any other totalitarian ideology. Is it wrong to be against a totalitarian ideology???

And don't think I don't notice this inquisitionist fanaticism you're taking to refute my arguments - side stepping any conversation by culling statements I made in another thread, and transforming them into a malediction. That this pathetically immoral tactic works so well bespeaks greatly on the moral vacuity of the people who post here at ATS.
edit on 29-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

You desperately need to buy and read books on these subjects.

Here's a few good ones I just finished reading which you could learn something from:

Have you read any books about northern ireland or just pro-israel propaganda?

What is it with the fixation everyone has over israel/palestine? It truely is MIND-BOGGLING!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Where the # in the american constitution does it say "america must be a christian nation that supports a jewish israel"???????????????????????? I thought the united states of america was a secular republic that allows freedom choice in terms of religious beliefs. Isnt' that why many puritans came to america from europe; to evade religious persecution?

I fear we have been overtaken by zionist war mongers hell-bent on a christian america, and even more scary is their view of a jewish-christian dominated middle east. These people do not respect multi-culturalism and hide behind the liberal use of anti-semitism.

Of course I respect judea and palestine. Both existed at different intervals of human history in the same geographical location. Both jews and arabs and christians have a right to live there, but they are too fanatic and cannot co-exist.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
WOW! UN bid passes!

Votes for: 138

against: 9

abstention: 41

* I think those are the correct #'s

eta: Here is the breakdown:

edit on 29-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add photo

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

France to back Palestinian bid for observer status at UN Assembly

rt.com

France has announced it will vote in favor of recognition of Palestine as a non-member observer state at the UN General Assembly later this week.

­The French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius told parliament that France "will respond 'yes'” when the issue is put on a vote at the UN General Assembly.

France, a permanent UN Security Council member, is the first European country to speak in favor of elevating Palestinian status from an observer to a nonmember observer state
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.theglobeandma il.com
rt.com
www.infowars.com

Not really a big surprise, out of all the European peoples the French have always been the most anti-semetic, and only out-done by the Balkan muslims in rounding Jews up during the second World War.
edit on 3-12-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
France have one of, if not the best(!) diplomats in the world!

Well done France.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join