It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to back Palestinian bid for observer status at UN Assembly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

France to back Palestinian bid for observer status at UN Assembly

rt.com

France has announced it will vote in favor of recognition of Palestine as a non-member observer state at the UN General Assembly later this week.

­The French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius told parliament that France "will respond 'yes'” when the issue is put on a vote at the UN General Assembly.

France, a permanent UN Security Council member, is the first European country to speak in favor of elevating Palestinian status from an observer to a nonmember observer state
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandma il.com
rt.com
www.infowars.com

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
HURRAY for Palestine!! This is a huge slap in the face to the Zionist parasites that are probably furious right now! As the article states, this is the first European country and I believe member of NATO to back Palestine's bid for statehood. I believe one of the main reasons for the recent raid in Gaza was to intimidate the Palestinians into giving up all their current efforts... IMO it is unlikely the bid will fail now even though many western powers oppose it.. check out the additional links above and you'll see what I'm talking about

rt.com
edit on 27-11-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Europeans support the Palestine bid, look at all the polls. We have no democracy for the most part so most governments will not support the people they claim to represent.

Well done France.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You can bet that the U.S. will veto once again, and their lap dogs, the U.K. not to be outdone, will also veto.

Unfortunate but true, good on France though

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
You can bet that the U.S. will veto once again, and their lap dogs, the U.K. not to be outdone, will also veto.

aha! But they can't use veto power this time!!

Last year, the US used its veto power to block a similar Palestinian statehood bid at the UN Security Council. However, no country has veto power in the General Assembly.

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
Europeans support the Palestine bid, look at all the polls. We have no democracy for the most part so most governments will not support the people they claim to represent.

Well done France.

Germany still being under Zionist control is not.They are still trying to persuade the other European member states to follow their lead. Doesn't work though.

Most of the countries voting against it will be small countries that depend on the US.
edit on 27-11-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

aha! But they can't use veto power this time!!

Last year, the US used its veto power to block a similar Palestinian statehood bid at the UN Security Council. However, no country has veto power in the General Assembly.

rt.com...

Guess that just leaves corruption then

I hope it passes, I really do but until then, I remain skeptical.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This draft bid cannot be vetoed, there are no vetoes in the General Assembly or resolution:

There are no vetoes in the General Assembly and the resolution, which needs a majority vote for approval, is virtually certain to be adopted.

www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

I imagine that the Zionists in Israel are pretty fumed right now. Surely they will announce even more illegal settlements to be built. I wouldn't be surprised if they officially annexed the whole West Bank once this bid succeeds.

It was submitted this morning and the Israeli response is not very kind.

ETA:

Seenavv beat me

edit on 11/27/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The Spanish government is expected to vote Thursday in favor of granting Palestine observer status at the United Nations despite a warning from Israel that such a move could limit Spain’s influence in any future peace negotiations.

elpais.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I find this a bit strange.

Considering there already is an observer who speaks for Palestine.

Since 1998 the Palestine Liberation Organization has been assigned seating in the General Assembly Hall immediately after non-member States and before the other observers.[12][13]

Source

Besides observers have no real power at the UN, they just get to sit there and squawk while all the others make the decisions. It would just further divide an already useless organization.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What they achieve by this recognition is the possibility to take things to international court.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

HURRAY for Palestine!! This is a huge slap in the face to the Zionist parasites that are probably furious right now!

rt.com

And you wonder why Israel has to defend itself. The only parasites I see are the ones attacking Israel and trying to take the spoils.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
first thing positive i can say about the french in a while. this is a good thing in my opinion that france and spain are probably going to vote to give palestine un status.

Israel is pissed because the incidents going on in palestine can actually be investigated by the UN and UN troops can now hang out in palestine keeping order. Not that IN troops have ever been good at keeping order. But at least there will be witnesses on the ground that Israel can't do anything about.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankieNinja

King David Hotel.

Lord Moyne.

USS Liberty.

Hush fool

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

HURRAY for Palestine!! This is a huge slap in the face to the Zionist parasites that are probably furious right now!

rt.com

And you wonder why Israel has to defend itself. The only parasites I see are the ones attacking Israel and trying to take the spoils.

From the 6th of this month: predictable, inexcusable, illegal, and never-ending colonization on behalf of Israel
Israel advances plans for 1,213 new West Bank settlement homes

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Heres a really cool address for people concerned about this and other such issues,

www.avaaz.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
HAHHAH it looks like they've really lost this time! They're already trying to "soften" the deal

...the UK says it is ready to support the PA in their current bid to become a non-member observer state if the Palestinians comply with three conditions, The Telegraph reports.

British Foreign Secretary William Hague allegedly requested Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, pledge not to join the International Criminal Court after its UN status is upgraded, not to apply for full membership at the UN and to resume peace negotiations with Israel without any preconditions.

So basically the UK is saying: you can have the status, but only if they don't reap any of it's benefits!!

also

...Israeli authorities were unable to block the bid they have changed their stance and now are trying to soften the wording, Haaretz reported on Tuesday citing a senior Israeli official.

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
it gets even better !

Palestinians say they will petition the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague if it’s proved that their former leader Yasser Arafat was poisoned to death.

www.presstv.ir...

Netanyahu is probably breaking a bunch of # in his office right now... and should I say..an office he hopefully won't be holding for much longer

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So basically the UK is saying: you can have the status, but only if they don't reap any of it's benefits!!

The UK is a major contributor to the Palestinian Authority. Snide comments aside, the UK is probably more concerned with getting Palestine in a situation where the focus is on some lasting and sustainable resolution rather than endless claims in the international criminal court or the international court of justice which would achieve sod all in the long run.

Don’t forget that Israeli’s (and other nations) have been at the forefront of endless acts of terrorism from Palestinian groups for decades, so in this complex part of the world it definitely takes two to tango.

Regards

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
William Hague,

Quite the point man for the hidden hand these days it seems.

What with this, and his covering up of claims of paedophilia amongst his own circle of friends.

How do these scumbags sleep at night is what I wanna know?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join