It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun confiscation - How it will be done

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

There probably is a point of diminishing returns in terms of a numbers (ammo) and safety matrix. Look at Waco.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;
If you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;
You may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival.
There may even be a worse case.
You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Perhaps stick it to your bathroom mirror before it is too late

P

edit on 27/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I believe that once a weapon exists, all humans have an inherent right to possess them. That is the logic that our 2nd Amendment is predicated upon. It is about belaying tyranny. It is not about letting you defend yourself (which is also recognized elsewhere, as if you have a right to life you also have a right to defend that life).

The Bill of Rights is less about enumerating your rights, and the constitution is pretty clear when it says that any power not directly given is not reserved for our government. When you add that thought with the fact that nothing in the constitution gives you rights, but rather limits the ability of the government to supress those rights, then it is obvious what the purpose is: to make sure that whatever weapon our government may use against us would be available to us as recourse against tyranny.

Do I think anyone would own a nuke? Not likely. Would something eventually happen? Absolutely. And who do you blame for this when it does happen?

I would posit that we look in the mirror to place blame. We, as a species, had no right to bring such destruction upon ourselves. And if you have to create laws (which will be ignored when expedient to any party) to prevent a behavior and make you feel safe, then you really don't have safety. You have an illusion of safety. I mean, how many more times do you need to hear a retired General talking about the threat of suitcase nukes (or, "snukes" on South Park
) before you get the picture: the threat is still there. And you are being told to just hold your breath and wait for it.

Is that the security and safety you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

@OP

They don't need to take away people's guns.
In fact, they will use you to do what they want done.
You will point your gun in the direction they want.
Just like it's been.

I swear ATS is getting one step further behind all the time.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-- Albert Einstein

The most devastating weapons we can comprehend are already in the hands of the most insecure, greedy and power hungry people the Earth has ever known.

God help us all.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

The liberal commies who just won the last "election", now will want the members of thier FSA to die.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Do you log in to a dummy account just to star yourself?
How is it that every comment you make about guns is religion based?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Maybe you should visit a prison and ask how many inmates have religiously themed tattoos.

Although i wouldnt expect you to search for any information that might pop the bubble you spent so much time inflating.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

@OP

They don't need to take away people's guns.
In fact, they will use you to do what they want done.
You will point your gun in the direction they want.
Just like it's been.

I swear ATS is getting one step further behind all the time.

What direction is that you speak of?
Do you mean that they would want us to shoot at each other in something like a race war?
That I could understand but perhaps you could clarify your statement for us.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Maybe you should visit a prison and ask how many inmates have religiously themed tattoos.

Although i wouldnt expect you to search for any information that might pop the bubble you spent so much time inflating.

I fail to see the correlation between prisoners with religious themed tattoos and guns. If anything they have guns because they are, get this, criminals. That is such a huge jump in logic to make. /facepalm

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Wertdagf

Do you log in to a dummy account just to star yourself?
How is it that every comment you make about guns is religion based?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. The only thing I can figure is this individual is a theophobe and bigot.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hehe you think guns are going somewhere. Good luck with that civil war XD

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

My opinion is that the gov't is going to let the dollar crash, stop all gov't checks, and then hope everyone will be shooting at eachother. The more "useless eaters" dead, the better.

Not just a "race" war. Just imagine LA, Chicago, St. Louis, Miami.....

After the shooting dies down, FEMA will move in and move the remaining people to camps.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join