It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun confiscation - How it will be done

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
yeah,

They won't have to go door to door. They know that would be fool hardy.

Step 1: Pass a law making it illegal to buy, own or possess any firearm. ($10,000 fine & 10 years in prison)

Step 2: Give a one year grace period to turn in firearms to a local law enforcement agency.

Step 3: "See something - Say something" Pay a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of an unlawful
firearm owner. (terrorist)

People will fall all over themselves turning in their neighbors and family members for the money.

Go ahead and claim you lost them in a boating accident, lost them during katrina or any other excuse.

Even in the rare chance you don't know ANYONE who would turn you in for the reward and they never found out about your hidden or buried firearms, they would do you no good.....ever.

you can't buy ammo again, you can't hunt or target shoot again because the gunshot would draw a swat team to your location.

I feel that a very large percent of "Americans" would turn their weapons in during the grace period to avoid prison and then it's only a matter of time while they arrest one at a time and retrieve the weapons.

Within 20 - 50 years America would be gun free.

Maybe I'm wrong but I see this as a very possible future.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by 1825114

Real world right there.
If there's a record of it, they know and will come looking for it eventually.
Thanks.

Good and when they find it, they can pry it out of my cold dead hands...

Now reread that with a Clint Eastwood accent.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure how realistic this is to actually see play out and happen. It may very well be something that is tried. Politicians never disappoint or fail to live up to low expectations on common sense or intelligence. The good Georgia Congressman worried about Guam capsizing stands as a monument to the fact. So, they could try...Success would be a whole different matter though. One example are the sheer numbers:

Number of Privately Owned Firearms
The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,0001

Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession per 100 Population
The rate of private gun ownership in the United States is 88.82 firearms per 100 people

Number of Privately Owned Firearms - World Ranking
In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, the United States ranked at No. 11

Rate of Privately Owned Firearms per 100 Population - World Ranking
In a comparison of the rate of private gun ownership in 179 countries, the United States ranked at No. 12

Number of Military Firearms
The defence forces of the United States are reported to have 3,054,5533 firearms

Number of Law Enforcement Firearms
Police in the United States are reported to have 897,4004 firearms
Source

There is also Deer Season. The 2012 deer season saw 610,000 hunters spread out through the woods in Wisconsin. No fatal accidents this year either. A nice note, and that is just one state. The hunters, by themselves, would represent the 8th Largest military in the world. Just a few more states of this years deer season will total enough hunters with permits and in the worlds sufficient to be #1 for manpower. So...I'd ask...who exactly would be doing the confiscating? There aren't enough by my count. Not by any estimate. Couple the millions upon millions of firearms manufactured and sold out of the "Assault Weapons" category since the ban was lifted and it'll be generations before it's hard to find someone with an AR-15 or Ak-, IMO.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And the hunters all have camo, and know their regions territory.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If people have learned anything from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq is that the American military is obsolete when it comes to urban fighting.
You can pour as much money as you want in tanks, weapons, and defense but those things are useless when it comes to IED's or car bombs. IED's costs less than $100 to make and can cause some serious damage.

The US has failed miserably because they didn't know their enemy.
If they implement any tactics at home they still won't know who their enemy is because they blend in to society. The 20th century military is useless in the 21st.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In Australia they had a buy back system, you hand in your guns no questions asked & they gave you gift vouchers to use at stores like Kmart & Target.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
If people have learned anything from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq is that the American military is obsolete when it comes to urban fighting.
You can pour as much money as you want in tanks, weapons, and defense but those things are useless when it comes to IED's or car bombs. IED's costs less than $100 to make and can cause some serious damage.

If they implement any tactics at home they still won't know who their enemy is because they blend in to society. The 20th century military is useless in the 21st.

100% incorrect

This kind of advice gets people killed

Your typical American gun owner is overweight with a multitude of health problems.

Afghani freedom fighters they are not

Best thing to do, is to hand in your guns when asked.

If you barricade your house the military will use mortar fire and you will die

If you hide your cache in the woods the military will find it and charge you with a very serious crime

If you build a bomb in your garage you will end up killing yourself

There is little that can be done against the modern day United States military and government by the patriotic average gun owner

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneggod
In Australia they had a buy back system, you hand in your guns no questions asked & they gave you gift vouchers to use at stores like Kmart & Target.

they do that every year in our town in the USA broken ,rusty, Hot.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

100% incorrect

Your typical American gun owner is overweight with a multitude of health problems.

If you hide your cache in the woods the military will find it and charge you with a very serious crime

There is little that can be done against the modern day United States military and government by the patriotic average gun owner

Your trying to be funny right?
A lot of our boys that made it back home had a lot of there friends die
They are our freedom fighters.
A bomb can be made in 5minutes or less.
Dont let them lie to you ,how there home land security is working.

If they come after my guns they can have every one of them they still dont know there enemy.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Sounds like you have laid down and died already... You just aren't smart enough to decay.

The only way to fight them is with Gorilla tactics, as proven by countless conflicts around the world.
You also need to group up and form an UNREGISTERED Militia.
You need to devise plans of Escape, Evade, Recover, Regroup.
To EERR on the side of caution will keep you alive.

Diesel plus Ammonium Nitrate = Perfect IED when combined with a $29 mobile phone (burner). You could even use kids UHF radio's, they perform the same task. Just have to be a bit closer (within 1KM LOS)

Oh noes, they are going to stop selling Ammo... So? Make it yourself?
Can't! They stopped selling gun powder!
SO! Make it yourself you lazy git.

They can never remove EVERYTHING from society that would allow you to fight back!
All you need is will power and determination.

When it comes to the bitter end and you know you can't win... Your last resort is M.A.D.
Ensure they do not win either.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

100% incorrect

Your trying to be funny right?
A lot of our boys that made it back home had a lot of there friends die
They are our freedom fighters.
A bomb can be made in 5minutes or less.
Dont let them lie to you ,how there home land security is working.

If they come after my guns they can have every one of them they still dont know there enemy.

Well I can agree with that, give up your guns when the government asks for them.

That's the best outcome.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneggod

If you are so stupid to hand over your guns for K-Mart and Target gift certificates you are too stupid to own and operate one. Gift vertificates are a good way of purging those stupid people out of gun ownership.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What gun?
(Anybody know where I can get a Bible?)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In this video, produced by the city of Houston, the authorities have disarmed the sheep, who defend themselves by hiding and swinging chairs and fire extinguishers.

"The authorities are working hard to protect us"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Look closley at the dorr at the 59 second mark. What do you see? It's on the door... it's a Texas 30.06 sign. It's say's, paraphrased "no guns allowed".

That really helped the sheep in the video. Even the security guard is unarmed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make a slighgt alternation on my shoulder hoster. Hope one of us is around if the unthinkable happens.

And NEVER surrender your arms. The founding fathers WANTED us armed for a reason.

Oh, and Houston, you should be ashamed of yourself!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I happen to be a christian lady,I am a gun owner and I have
a C.C.W. license.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

One response; two words: Population Reduction.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They can skip South Carolina, no guns in this area.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and allegedly had (by rough estimate) 100,000 rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.
My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter: "Wow! He has about a quarter million machine gun bullets." The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache!"
By southern California standards someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable." Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:
In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector."
In Arkansas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector."
In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.
In Colorado and Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."
In Idaho , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."
In Wyoming , he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."
In Louisiana , Mississippi and Texas he would be called "a deer hunting buddy."

And, in Alabama , he's just "Bubba" who's short on ammo.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They can have my handgun when there is no more ammo to be found, because as soon as I run out of bullets, the next one coming at me gets it thrown in their face.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Obamacare, your whole medical record on computer. Crazy people can't own guns. Have you ever been prescribed a psych drug? Anti-depressant? Anti-anxiety pill? Sleeping pill?

You can't be trusted to own a firearm.

What is the percentage of the american population that willingly takes all this candy the dr. gives them?

Excellent point.
Add to that anyone on the "no fly list" is also ineligible to purchase firearms.
And you can't even find out if your on the list!
Terrorist watch list - same deal.
convicted of narcotics possession or trafficking? No guns for you stoner!

They will use all these tactics plus what they used in the UK and Australia per the buy back program.
Last but not least they may already have or soon will technology that can "see" through walls and identify firearms in a home by simply driving by or flying over it. It's possible they may have already done this and we wouldn't know.

My dad who recently passed was no conspiracy theorist but he was a lifetime member of the NRA and constantly preached to my brother and I of the importance of keeping the 2nd amendment alive. Very sensible, down to earth man and even he knew the government wanted to take our rights away.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join