It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun confiscation - How it will be done

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"As in Washington D.C., so shall it be below"
- Inscription on future monument to gun confiscation in the Capitol Mall.

This is a brilliant article describing a very plausible method for outright elimination of the 2nd Amendment. We've already experienced this type of incrementalism in other products and activities such as smoking, car ownership, what one can do with their house and land etc. It's the way government works to strip us of our rights in piecemeal fashion.
Attempts at banning guns outright have met with massive opposition so the soft approach is the one most likely to be employed. Read the article for yourself and see if you don't agree. Once you know how Washington works it's pretty easy to see the future especially once our leaders have told us what it is they really want.

ericpetersautos.com...

Incrementalism has proved depressingly effective as a tool for getting most people to quietly surrender their rights piecemeal. For gradually habituating them to an ever-diminishing circle of liberty. When the circle finally closes and their rights no longer exist at all, they hardly notice – because by that time, most of their rights have already been taken. The final surrender is met with a shrug rather than a scream of outrage.

Bye bye 2nd Amendment, it was good to know you.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They can make or abolish gun laws as they see fit. It makes little difference to me. All of my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident off the coast of...Micronesia.

Yeah, Micronesia.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You must have been hit by the same rogue wave that got me.
Threw everything overboard in 1,000 feet of water.
That is what few I had left after they took them after katrina.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was something in the Obamacare bill about firearms and insurance.
If it's not in there now it soon will be.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
archive.newsmax.com.../6/26/12629

June 26, 2000

Last August, the rugged Aussie survivalist whose real-life exploits inspired the "Crocodile Dundee" movies died in what then appeared to be a mysterious shootout with Australian police. A police sergeant was also killed in the incident.

It was reported that 44-year-old blond-haired Rodney William Ansell resembled uncannily Paul Hogan, the actor who played his part in the movie and the sequel. Although Ansell was no angel and had had previous run-ins with police, he had been named 1988 Australian Northern Territory Man of the Year for inspiring the movie and putting "the Australian Outback on the map."

What motivated this shooting? In 1996, Australia adopted draconian gun control laws banning certain guns (60 percent of all firearms), requiring registration of all firearms and licensing of all gun owners. "Crocodile Dundee" believed the police were coming to confiscate his unregistered firearms.

In Australia today, police can enter your house and search for guns, copy the hard drive of your computer, seize records, and do it all without a search warrant. It's the law that police can go door to door searching for weapons that have not been surrendered in their much publicized gun buy-back program. They have been using previous registration and firearm license lists to check for lapses and confiscate non-surrendered firearms.

It all began with the Port Arthur (a Tasmanian resort) tragedy on April 28, 1996...

edit on 27-11-2012 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Real world right there.
If there's a record of it, they know and will come looking for it eventually.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Microstamping on firing pins
The rise in the cost of ammo. I bet soon there will be additional taxes on that as well, it's already being floated.
Reloaders not being able to find anything for their hobby.

etc...etc

People deny that the Second amendment is under attack, but it is. Right along with the rest of the Amendments.

If you haven't read Atlas Shrugged I would recommend it. It very accurately predicts the direction of the world we are living in.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
add in the Obama gun ban, the list that bans various types of fire arms, or stocks, grips, and clips, yep it is just a matter of time before they come knocking on the US citizens door, but by that time your guns will be nothing more than paper weights, no ammo to be had, no powder to found, RFID locks on them there guns.
edit on 27-11-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I believe they know the result of a gun ban and are trying to avoid a bloodbath. If they find ways to make guns so expensive no one can afford to buy them, or ammo, they are well on their way.
All mine were stolen, except my air rifle. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
NOT that I ever want to see this happen.....
But I am very curious, if this scenario does play out, how busy are the police going to be, with reports of gunfire all over. There are just so many people, especially like here in MI, who's guns are going to be "lost at sea" LOL
What's going to happen when you actually have to use it?

I don't have to worry. I don't own any guns.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

see something say something , mean anything DHS will have there Jr patrol knocking on doors, block by block house by house ,if in 38' a few could do it , some 500,000 can do it faster, in the next few years, the ones to get banned 308 9mm 40sw 30 cal 357, 223 243 7.62 5.56, how to do it ?simple say there are for mil and police only, no more ammo no more open sale to the public. Some types have been Obama listed M1 M1a1 ect... one a 30 cal the other 30-06 not because of cal., but of there clip one 8 round the other 10,20 30 50 and 100.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My youngest son graduates high school in 3.5 years. When he is done, he is entering a gunsmithing school. Once that is done, I won't have to worry about microstamped firing pins or any other such nonsense any more.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is my take: First, look at the UN statue of the gun with the twisted barrel. It is not a military assault rifle but rather a revolver (not even an auto loading pistol with a high capacity magazine). Second, they will do it incrementally as suggested (frog in the pot analogy) at first then totally at the end. They will usually leave something left of the 2nd Amendment each time they take out a chunk. For example, go after the military style weapons and ammunition but leave the other semi-autos. The threat of taking away all semi autos is probably a clever psychological ploy to make 2A supporters feel that they won when they only get the "assault" (styled) weapons in a AWB part II. Later they can come for those also and leave the bolt action rifles and revolvers; then come for those and only leave muzzle loaders. Third, they may even allow one to own the weapons put on a list (giving the impression that the Second Amendment has not been dismantled just more "well regulated") BUT they will make you apply directly to the BATFE for approval (more extensive background check than NICS) and pay a $200 transfer tax like for title II weapons (ie, machine guns and "destructive devices" that have to be transferred thru a class III dealer). Then they can start raising the tax from a one time transfer to an annual fee and then when they want to confiscate them they know where they are. Our troops (as well as foreign troops) have been training for this in Iraq and Afghanistan for most of the last decade....Finally, once Martial Law is declared here (Katrina was to establish a precedent) then the order will be given to turn them in. It will probably only have a 30 day window then the troops will be ordered to pick up the remaining firearms. And if they pass the UN Arms Trade Treaty then they will have foreign troops to assist in the operation. They have your address and the last census provided a military GPS location of your front door.
edit on 27-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder of anyone has thought about the effect this will have on wildlife, Non hunters do not understand the valuable service hunters do by thinning the herd. If all guns were taken and no more hunter, expect for deer related road accidents going up and other things. Instead of animals worrying about humans invading their habitat, it will be us humans who are worried when we see wild game animals roming roadways and intersate highways.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by geldib

I do not think this would be a problem for there are bow hunts and the use of single shot rifles are permitted, flintlocks might make a big come come back, or new black powder rifles.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I hope they take away all the guns.

We need to get them out of the hands of the religious idiots before they realize theyve wasted their lives caring for an imaginary sky daddy.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The only way they will ever get my guns is by prying them out of my cold dead hands.

I am in no way an extremist, I am a believer in my right to protect myself if needed.

I know a woman that if it was not for her rights to protect herself, would probably be dead right now.

Guns kill, no doubt. The thing is if law abiding citizens get their firearms taken away, how will they protect themselves from the criminals that will still get their hands on guns anyway. Legal or not, criminals will always have guns.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by geldib
thinning the herd.

I think that they are more concerned with "thinning (our) herd" and civilian disarmament is a prerequisite.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
The only way they will ever get my guns is by prying them out of my cold dead hands.

That is their intent....as you cant win when your house is Swat Teamed or WACOed.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Some day in the future you may have this reflection:
First they came for the guns and you didnt object because you dont have any (and are afraid of them anyway); then they came for your gold and silver and you didnt object because you didnt have any (believing in paper) and then they came for your excess food and you gave it to them because it is for the "greater good" (but you were a little peeved that they didnt pay for it) then they came to take your house and move you to a tiny apartment in a highrise building in the city and now you are really upset but you had to go at the point of a gun....then they came to inoculate you and you took the shot as it was ordered and for the greater good also. Now you are dying and you dont know how you got sick since you took the shot and are trying to make sense of what happened to your country and way of life. You believed in Liberalism (big govt) when you should have believed in Liberty (individual rights).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join