It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could ask a director, artist, or musician 1 question, what would it be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It can be anybody, dead or alive.

I would like to ask Al Jourgensen, the creator of the band Ministry, about a certain album and song. He did ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ with Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed and the Way to Suck Eggs in it. Now the song which doesn't have a lot of lyrics starts with a preacher saying turn to the bible psalm 69. Yet the book he's talking about is actually a reference to Aleister Crowley's Book of Lies. And the way to succeed and the way to suck eggs is a reference for a tantric position.
Did he experience what I did? meaning there is something about it that is very bizarre and unusual. Or were you just messing with everyone or really "flying" high.
link - en.wikipedia.org...
link - en.wikipedia.org...

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DISCUSS MINE STICK WITH T&C PLEASE

Anyway that's my question for him.

One more - to Mr Stanley Kubrick - Did they really make you fake the moon footage and did this cause all the symbols in your movies?

Ok I hope people have fun with this. I know I will.

edit on 11/27/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: felt like it

edit on 11/27/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: had to

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

As would ask anyone of the Beatles if they already knew at a young age that they
were made for something special, or if it was all 'luck' and 'coincidence.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUltraFantastic
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

As would ask anyone of the Beatles if they already knew at a young age that they
were made for something special, or if it was all 'luck' and 'coincidence.

I think they were just "special".

Good one - I wonder if we could get the last one on here to answer that.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It can be anybody, dead or alive.

I'd ask Leonard Da Vinci if he would teach me everything he knows. The man was a total genius.

edit on 27-11-2012 by OratoryHeist because: Edited at request of OP

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OratoryHeist

you may want to edit that a bit I don't want this being closed. Please

I personally think it has to do with yin and yang energy. Female /male energy

I just edited OP

Yes good one Leonardo Da Vinci it would be awesome to PICK his brain.
edit on 11/27/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I guess not many people saw this.
Oh well.

I was referencing a specific incident that occurred after I did "Zero Limits" (& the music that goes with it) and ENGAGED in that for at least 30 min. link - www.idreamcatcher.com...

I've written about it in threads (my replies I didn't start those ones) about GOD and HEAVEN

If that helps anyone wondering about my OP.

I'll have more time tomorrow to write and do replies if anyone wants to participate.

My BUMP to get the thread on recent posts ok.
edit on 11/27/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/27/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: cuz I felt like it

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If I could ask a director artist or musician 1 question...

I would have to say that I have two burning questions, for two very different fellows. First, I would ask the immortal Rob Zombie where and when it was that he first had the thought to branch out into movies, since the skills of a director seem so utterly different to one another.

And I would also ask Devin Townsend (of Strapping Young Lad etc) why he saw the need to publish a cute little comic explaining his work and life, to be distributed at the end of the Deconstruction gig in London. I would remind him upon reciept of his answer, that those who appreciate his music, KNOW all the needed to about him and his life, through his music, and that we all love him like a brother, despite many of us never having met him.

Thats my two pence. Nice idea for a thread by the way !!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Some insight on the process;

The Meld of Music and Visual
Even before blending his music world with film, Zombie was on a visual plane with music. “I’ve always thought of music in a visual way,” says Zombie. “I know the song is working when I start picturing things in my mind. I know music does that for everyone when it’s finished, but for me, that happens when I’m writing. And when I’m writing, that’s always how I’ve always approached things.”

Drawing and painting were two ever-burning embers in Zombie’s creative path toward becoming a filmmaker, and ultimately these passions led him full circle — through the music — to deliver him unto feature filmmaking. “I’ve always done the artwork for all the t-shirts and album covers for all these years — that was something I always loved to do,” he says. “But then I always loved movies and music, and as a kid, you just want to do everything. And at this point now, it’s like I really have the opportunity to bring everything all together as one.”

From this interview;www.audiohead.net...

I know it's not the same as asking him yourself, but still, a very insightful interview.

edit on 28-11-2012 by tanda7 because: clarity

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As an artist and amateur photographer, I would love to ask Shinichi Maruyama how he gets these amazing photos.
(I've tried)
I also would like to ask Salvador Dali if he accidentally discovered the "cross your eyes" trick or if he was trained (initiated).

As a music lover and conspiracy nut, I would love to ask Jim Morrison if his dad told him anything about what really happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. (If he let me have another question, I would ask where he plans to spend his retirement years)
I would also like to ask Frank Zappa to tell me the craziest thing that ever happened at "the cabin"

As a film lover I would love to ask director Kenneth Anger what really went down between him and Bobby Beausoleil.
I would also like to ask director Jon Gress why he really stopped working on his Anunnaki movie.

edit on 28-11-2012 by tanda7 because: spacing

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
If I could ask a director artist or musician 1 question...

I would have to say that I have two burning questions, for two very different fellows. First, I would ask the immortal Rob Zombie where and when it was that he first had the thought to branch out into movies, since the skills of a director seem so utterly different to one another.

And I would also ask Devin Townsend (of Strapping Young Lad etc) why he saw the need to publish a cute little comic explaining his work and life, to be distributed at the end of the Deconstruction gig in London. I would remind him upon reciept of his answer, that those who appreciate his music, KNOW all the needed to about him and his life, through his music, and that we all love him like a brother, despite many of us never having met him.

Thats my two pence. Nice idea for a thread by the way !!

Yes Rob Zombie kicks A$$....awesome.

Now I'll have to check out the other ....not familiar with him.

THANKS for posting.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by TrueBrit

Some insight on the process;

The Meld of Music and Visual
Even before blending his music world with film, Zombie was on a visual plane with music. “I’ve always thought of music in a visual way,” says Zombie. “I know the song is working when I start picturing things in my mind. I know music does that for everyone when it’s finished, but for me, that happens when I’m writing. And when I’m writing, that’s always how I’ve always approached things.”

Drawing and painting were two ever-burning embers in Zombie’s creative path toward becoming a filmmaker, and ultimately these passions led him full circle — through the music — to deliver him unto feature filmmaking. “I’ve always done the artwork for all the t-shirts and album covers for all these years — that was something I always loved to do,” he says. “But then I always loved movies and music, and as a kid, you just want to do everything. And at this point now, it’s like I really have the opportunity to bring everything all together as one.”

From this interview;www.audiohead.net...

I know it's not the same as asking him yourself, but still, a very insightful interview.

edit on 28-11-2012 by tanda7 because: clarity

it also would be interesting to see him produce other art as well. Musician to movies and directing.

I also think that with a lot of artists types the first albums, products that are created are untainted with success and I find them to be more moving. I don't down "1 hit wonders" they have some good stuff.

examples - I like Redman's 1st album but not the others
Ministry I like the whole album for "the land of rape and honey" but not much of the others
NIN - "Pretty Hate Machine" I can listen to the whole thing then I'm selective about the later stuff of course "starSuckers" is funny as hell and they made him change it and the vid ...that is the industry huh.

of course there are exceptions Artists like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Clash, Fleetwood Mac, and many others produce great music in a balanced consistency maybe not always having great stuff but still having great songs scattered throughout later albums.

Just starting to get some of my thoughts together.....I'll be writing better soon I promise. I will be back to my semi normal self.....of course I know I am anything but normal.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I would like to ask David Wong how big a part ATS played when he wrote his two novels. "John Dies In The End" and "This Book Is Full Of Spiders, Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It."? Are you a member, or just a lurker?

To the OP, I think there are many 'famous' or 'known' artists of all genre on here. I should think it gives a great deal of inspiration, not to mention giggles. It has to be a joy to have the anonymity that ATS offers. Artists live on the edges of society, can't get much farther out on the edge than ATS, some of the threads and posts on here defy gravity and hover out over the edge

Ps: u2u me David, I promise not to out you. Love your books.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I would like to ask David Wong how big a part ATS played when he wrote his two novels. "John Dies In The End" and "This Book Is Full Of Spiders, Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It."? Are you a member, or just a lurker?

To the OP, I think there are many 'famous' or 'known' artists of all genre on here. I should think it gives a great deal of inspiration, not to mention giggles. It has to be a joy to have the anonymity that ATS offers. Artists live on the edges of society, can't get much farther out on the edge than ATS, some of the threads and posts on here defy gravity and hover out over the edge

Ps: u2u me David, I promise not to out you. Love your books.

Hey when I can get my dis-ease under control that sounds like some interesting reading.

Thanks for posting.

I kind of think it's hilarious actually. The fact that people could be arguing with someone that they actually admire would be an ironic revelation. Then the other side is getting along and having a lot in common with people that we average citizens idolize. The ATS GAME who's who and guess again.....nope wrong one....try again. I have a bizarre sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
WHY YOU KILL Star Gate Universe???? !

edit on 29-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
As an artist and amateur photographer, I would love to ask Shinichi Maruyama how he gets these amazing photos.
As a music lover and conspiracy nut, I would love to ask Jim Morrison if his dad told him anything about what really happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. (If he let me have another question, I would ask where he plans to spend his retirement years)
I would also like to ask Frank Zappa to tell me the craziest thing that ever happened at "the cabin"
As a film lover I would love to ask director Kenneth Anger what really went down between him and Bobby Beausoleil.
I would also like to ask director Jon Gress why he really stopped working on his Anunnaki movie.

WOW that is some cool photography.

I don't get the Jim Morrison one - do you mean from the Doors? I will have to read about Tonkin I guess.

Yes Frank PLEASE tell us we are dying to know.

There's an Anunnaki movie?

I guess I got a lot of reading to do.

THANK YOU for contributing, very much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
WHY YOU KILL Star Gate Universe???? !

edit on 29-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

ok CREEPY avatar person ..... WHO is this directed to? The creators of the show?

I didn't mean to sound rude but ...you know it feels like someone is giving me the evil eye....that's all.
edit on 11/29/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wanna have a beer?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone
Wanna have a beer?

is that at me? I don't drink sorry.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Wanna have a beer?

You asked if I could ask one of these modern aristocrats one thing, and I gave an honest answer. I don't care about their social status or their cowardly attempts to constantly duck the people that pay their salary. So, my question would be, "want to have a beer"?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Wanna have a beer?

You asked if I could ask one of these modern aristocrats one thing, and I gave an honest answer. I don't care about their social status or their cowardly attempts to constantly duck the people that pay their salary. So, my question would be, "want to have a beer"?

ok so this goes out to any artist/musician/director .....I get it. Just hang out and have a beer. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join