It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discover testing fingerprint payments -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Discover Financial Services Inc. employees will be able to pay by finger at their Riverwoods headquarters' cafeteria and convenience stores as they become the first to test a new payment system.

Discover, which is working with French biometrics firm Natural Security on the project and which plans to get the pilot underway in the next three months, has previously used hundreds of its employees to test new technologies including various "contactless" payments, in which credit cards are simply tap. It plans to test the fingerprint payment system with 300 to 350 employees.

link

A little bit here - a little bit there - get those guinea pigs to 'test drive' the new systems. It will happen.

Nice to see the rest of the article though - very nice!

The credit-card company's test comes a few years after U.S. grocer Jewel abandoned its program with Pay by Touch, which got about $300 million in debt and equity financing from investors.

In 2006, Pay by Touch said about 10,000 Chicagoans had signed up for its fingerprint-payment program. A year later, some creditors tried forcing the owner of Pay by Touch into involuntary bankruptcy as its finances went into disarray. By 2008, the Pay by Touch machines were removed from Jewel stores.

I'd like to give a thumbs up for the above FAILS - problem is? It's not the CEO's who'll 'pay' but the people who're put out of jobs. That's a downfall.

But it's good over all to see some of these schemes fail. They'll not fail forever - but for now a few is better than none.

peace
edit on 27-11-2012 by silo13 because: try to link - not working

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
‘Square’ Earth - ‘Money' (no longer) makes the World go ‘round.

For More Information on the demise of the 'dollar' - see the above link.

(I tried to add it to the first post in this thread but it refused to add).

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Cashless society is one way of fighting too many pennies rattling and wearing out pockets that buys nothing which is why they rattle in the pocket forever!

So much for cash under the table jobs. Now one will have to barter the old fashion way when people had no money, that is, to trade services for services. My daughter needs new braces and you need a new wall wanna trade?

What kills me Silo is nobody understands the problem of not having cash anymore........ They cannot wait to use their Square or finger or worse those new credit cards that broadcast your details so that you just walk by a till which automatically charges for you without taking your wallet out.

I will never understand people who have that much trust!

Stars n Flag to you OP!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Scary! Why anyone would volunteer to be tracked like that is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

join