It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will global conciousness cause the 2012 doomsday theories?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
After reading Global consciousness , I began thinking that maybe us as humans, could be consistently using our mind to create our version of reality. I mean I have read a theory before stating that scientists could be creating their discoveries by collectively searching for the same answers. And that we could be creating the universe around us, using our own conciousness.

The quantum world is definitely a weird and wonderful world, with discoveries like the Higgs-boson particle and the quantum field, could discoveries like these, be simply us as humans searching for answers that where not there to begin with?

Could we create our own doomsday by collectively pondering over its existence?

Could science be looking for the answers to the big questions, but create the answer?

Could the ancient cultures from around the world, wiped themselves out by simply collaboratively thinking they would be a day of judgement?

Could that be why some ancient cultures simply disappeared?

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 27-11-2012 by The0nlytruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I don't know, but I think that the mind can have an effect on so many things that we aren't even aware of yet.

My best friend's biggest fear all his life was cancer since he first learned about what it was at a young age. Every day he worried about someday getting cancer. It was like an obsessive phobia. Guess what... he got it, when he was 17. Maybe if you think enough about something it will happen. I guess this could be considered the law of attraction?

Be careful what you wish for. Even if you think about what you don't want it can backfire on you.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

That is terrible, I believe we have not even scratched the surface when it comes to conciousness, maybe science is going down a route they have created themselves. I believe that we will never be able to comprehend the universe unless we start to think differently, instead of the mainstream scientists saying "I have theorised about this, and know my theory is sort of true because I have came up with this....... = Accepted mainstream science" they will get to a point when they just stop and say " OK guys we have went as deep as we can get and nothing makes sense, Lets just say its 'A divine entity', or lets just start again". They will get to that point eventually.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
No because most people that know about the theories also know it's complete conjectural crap.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
to be honest 2011 was more interesting of a year than 2012, and if there is any global awakening it would have been 2011...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I propose a new holiday for all be inaugurated on the 21st Dec. From now on we will call it national half-wit day!

21 December this year will be the same as any other. And you can take that to the bank!!!
edit on 27-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Why half-wit day?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth

Why half-wit day?

Simple because its as good a name as any other to describe the senseless stupidity and mass hysteria that surrounds and seems to attach itself to 21 December 2012.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth
After reading Global consciousness , I began thinking that maybe us as humans, could be consistently using our mind to create our version of reality. I mean I have read a theory before stating that scientists could be creating their discoveries by collectively searching for the same answers. And that we could be creating the universe around us, using our own conciousness.

The quantum world is definitely a weird and wonderful world, with discoveries like the Higgs-boson particle and the quantum field, could discoveries like these, be simply us as humans searching for answers that where not there to begin with?

Could we create our own doomsday by collectively pondering over its existence?

Could science be looking for the answers to the big questions, but create the answer?

Could the ancient cultures from around the world, wiped themselves out by simply collaboratively thinking they would be a day of judgement?

Could that be why some ancient cultures simply disappeared?

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 27-11-2012 by The0nlytruth because: (no reason given)

One question leads to another doesnt it?

If we create our own reality by thinking it to be then that changes the Earth Game.

Time itself comes into play with questions and has to be answered before the questions above can be answered. In my mind anyway.

If time is only moving forward and the past cannot be changed, this means it is fixed. Right? If the choices of today determine the future then we must choose wisely, otherwise we are destined by choice.

Makes sense to me. It only makes sense based on what I have in front of me though.... and this too will change. There are many dimensions (at least 10). Do the other dimensions play this game as well? What about the other life forms within these dimensions? Do they account for anything in reality?

Ahhhh... the questions!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its quite an interesting subject and I was reading about this the other day on another thread. Not sure if it was on here or another site but the OP had the same line of thought where we could create our own global conciousness by all thinking of it happening and thus actually MAKING it happen. There is something called "The Hundredth Monkey Syndrome" .. where if a ceratin number of the population actually believe something will happen it can actually influence it to... But then someone commented with a counter-arguement that I just couldnt deny and that was The Millenium. It was WAY bigger then this 21/12/2012 and the whole world was focused on either the world ending or computers crashing/not working.... yet nothing ever happened..did it?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Back in 1999, I was not on the internet, but there were still, some radio talk shows, from where I would listen with anxiety, about 'Y2K' (Year 2000) and how TSHTF worst-case-scenario would go down, upon the turn of the millenium. Some of the alarmism was well, very alarming!

But maybe John Titor really fixed it.

I keep having these powerfull intuitive feelings, that something big is going to happen, but it will be deliriously good. For the record.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
Back in 1999, I was not on the internet, but there were still, some radio talk shows, from where I would listen with anxiety, about 'Y2K' (Year 2000) and how TSHTF worst-case-scenario would go down, upon the turn of the millenium. Some of the alarmism was well, very alarming!

But maybe John Titor really fixed it.

I keep having these powerfull intuitive feelings, that something big is going to happen, but it will be deliriously good. For the record.

Well if memory serves the Y2K crap turned out to be just that.

I suspect the same with 2012!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

To many questions, To little thinkers.
The world boggles my mind the more I Ponder about these questions, Yet I cant help myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I too am totally feeling that the New Years ball will drop on Times Square, and all will proceed as it has been proceeding.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Q) Could we create our own doomsday by collectively pondering over its existence?

A) I think most certainly we could brig about our own demise as a global consciousness BUT are there Enough people with the same "relative" thoughts to put a "DOOMSDAY" scenario into action? Not sure..

Q) Could science be looking for the answers to the big questions, but create the answer?

A) Time is a Perception I believe...all that IS ever WILL be has all ready been Created..so no discovery's are actually made..JUST found..

Q) Could the ancient cultures from around the world, wiped themselves out by simply collaboratively thinking they would be a day of judgement?

A) Yes but the length of "time" it took may be a reason to say it was other Factors...

Q) Could that be why some ancient cultures simply disappeared?

A) Possibly they didn't disappear they just shifted into other "Emerging" cultures at the time ~ or most are probably due to Climatic catastrophe and famine...

But over all I see where you are going with this Thread and I really like the Idea of it!
Star & Flag for it ...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I could agree in that some people are so convinced of something that they make it happen.. self fulfilling prophecy so to speak.

You see that in the religious world where they are so convinced of the biblical end time prophecies that many groups are actually trying to make those events take place... forcefully .. because they think once they do, Jesus will return..

A mindset like that is a dangerous thing.. if you have politicians that are so convinced at what they think must happen to fulfill a biblical prophecy that they put that above their duties to serve the citizens.. we're doomed
edit on 11/27/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Interesting that this always keeps coming back in various forms and expressions.
"As Above So Below", is a very powerful statement.
"I Think Therefore I Am" is another one.

Just saw a great three and a half minute video on the same topic (and more).

Enjoy LINK

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjembeJedi

A) Time is a Perception I believe...all that IS ever WILL be has all ready been Created..so no discovery's are actually made..JUST found..

Doesn't "discovery" equate to 'find" anyway? .. semantics, I know =)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Interesting thought..

Sorry iv never posted a youtube link before and it doesnt seem to be showing up

Heres the link www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-11-2012 by unknown11 because: cannot imbed video

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I could agree in that some people are so convinced of something that they make it happen.. self fulfilling prophecy so to speak.

You see that in the religious world where they are so convinced of the biblical end time prophecies that many groups are actually trying to make those events take place... forcefully .. because they think once they do, Jesus will return..

A mindset like that is a dangerous thing.. if you have politicians that are so convinced at what they think must happen to fulfill a biblical prophecy that they put that above their duties to serve the citizens.. we're doomed
edit on 11/27/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Let's flip that around - the leaders are occultists guided by the serpent and are actually deceived into believing just as Eve did - that they can be gods through the 'eating' of fruit from the tree of good and evil.

"ascension"
"spiritual awakening"
"global consciousness"
"spiritual evolution"
"the Christ consciousness"
"evolution of consciousness"
"the divinity within"
"dimensional uplift"
"transhuminism"

Hinduism, Freemasonry, Kaballah, Buddhism, Islamic Shi'ite, New Age, ufology cults
All promote:
- attainment of 'god hood' "you can be god"
- immortality either physically or consciously
- gained through 'hidden knowledge' to make one wise
- that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was a liar.

Read the President of Iran's last speech about how his Imam Mahdi will come back to restore the children back to their original state. That is the Adam Kadmon of Kabalah and Freemasonry. Go figure. But instead, you think that the Jesus that they are bringing is the Son of God. You couldn't be more wrong. It's Barabbas, the "son of the father", the murderer and insurrectionist ....the 'Dark Knight Rising'.

And yes, they are fulfilling Biblical prophecy - every last line, they just don't understand how.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join