If I take my glasses off, I can't see much at all omg...

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It is upsetting me, cos I take them off and try to read like I used to and it is all blurry. It is like my eyes are constantly pissed and seeing double.

They are my constant companion now and I am starting to hate them. More so because I can't read the words without them.

And murphy's law, all the forms I have had to fill out in front of someone are all little tiny text and I even said to the guy watched me signing in, "farout, I can't read that, I didn't bring my glasses" and then I was embarrassed and he had to help me with it. That was when I really felt it, like my eyesight has gone from normal to #e in such a short time.

oh well...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Wearing reading Glasses are very common dont worry about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
It is like my eyes are constantly pissed and seeing double.

Sorry for laughing...i just found it random.

That is unfortunate however, it is normal in many people...
edit on 27-11-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hold on OP you wear eye glasses? YOU WITCH YOU MUST BURN YOU MUST BURN.

Jking

I hate my glasses too, but no way am I going to get them lasererd, my pal got it done and 1)smelt like chicken 2) didn't work in one eye and sued them (won).

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

thx but it is really upsetting. Yanno, getting used to it. I know it is really pathetic of me but I can't believe how quickly it has deteriated. That is what is a shock for me.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

yeah I am supposed to get my eyes lasered but I am not doing it so I will just HFTU and stop being so pathetic about it.
but it is a shock to go from normal eyesight to blurry haze so quickly. Oh well, I will adjust.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I feel your pain. I've had glasses since the fourth grade. I am 25 now
My eyesight is beyond horrible!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I am near blind without them. I am running 7.5 diopter corrections and even with glasses one eye is useless.

Don't worry, be happy.

P

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Without my glasses I can't determine gender from 20 feet away and my correction isn't too amenable to reading without bifocals! On the other hand, with a scope and no glasses I can see well enough to pick a spot on the target and hit it from 300 yards so.....

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

You need to selotape two scopes to a pair of glasses...sorted

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and my eyesight deteriorates almost every year to the point where I'm getting a new prescription every 12-18 months. I can't do anything without my glasses. I snapped a pair a while back accidentally and had to walk into my local optician and walking down the road with all the shops I realised how pathetic my eyesight is. Can't even read the big signs above the shops

Still, I feel/look weird without glasses, they are annoying yes but not as annoying as contacts in my opinion! I've thought about eye surgery before as it's becoming more affordable and more refined but I'm somewhat apprehensive of having eye surgery.

There are alternatives out there

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
After a small stroke, I wear QUAD-FOCALS. Bi-focals where each 1/4 (half lense) is a different strength. Not a candidate for surg or contacts, and I cant see anything thats not blurry and impossible to read without them.

Still, I am blessed.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have worn glasses ever since I went through first grade the second time. When I was just a whelk I was very shy and sat in the rear of the classroom. I flunked first grade for two reasons. The first was that I couldn't see the blackboard well enough to do my assigned work and the second was because the idiots that ran the school didn't even think to find out why I couldn't do my classwork and let it slide the whole bloody year until I failed first grade. There was no indication given to my family about the situation until my final report card. When my grandfather found out about it he almost got arrested when he went to the school and ripped them a new one.

When I got my glasses I started doing quite well academically. I graduated 8th grade in the top 5% of my class which qualified me for entry to Lane Technical High School. Why I left high school before the end of the second year is a whole other story for another time. Suffice it to say that not finishing high school didn't hold me back as i eventually ended up running my own successful industrial engineering and repair service for 25 years.

Now back to my glasses and eyesight, I am now 73 years old and am typing this without my glasses and can also drive legally without them. I really only need them nor for extremely fine print but i still wear them most of the time because I am used to them.

What I have learned is that most people's eyesight drifts toward far sightedness as they age. So if you start off far sighted you are pretty much screwed. But if you start off near sighted, as I did, the tendency to drift toward far sightedness actually improves your vision.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there for anyone who might find it relevant at all. I used to wear bifocals. Had to get them because my vision just sunk to untold depths once I started working in an office.

Now, understand something first: I have always - since I was diagnosed at the age of nine with food intolerances/sensitivities/allergies. Back then they were just understood to be allergies for simplicity's sake rather than accuracy. They are actually intolerances or hypersensitivities, in fact. I had desensitization treatment for two years at that time, starting with serum injections twice a day, which gradually decreased in amount and frequency over a two year period. I was allegedly able to eat those things then for at least ten years. If this idea were valid, wouldn't the fact that I eat them still convey the same desensitization as the serums did? Hmm. Well, in any case some ten years later I moved to Northern Europe and still had none of the previous plague of symptoms I had had in my early childhood.

A word about the symptoms now. This was mostly in what one would clump together under hayfever symptoms. Classic hayfever stuff - stuffy nose, itchy and burning eyes, sore throat and so forth, when things were calm. But I also had other things like chronic anemia, chronic sinus infections when things were bad, chronic ear infections that evolved to include tinnitus, chronic tonsillitis, random skin irritations, chronic constipation, cluster headaches, really long and heavy menses, and so much more, but that gives you an idea of what was involved and how the symptoms were pretty difficult to live with. It made school and work and basically my general existence something of a trial.

So, the strange thing was that while I was doing professional pastry, I didn't have much trouble at all despite the fact that I worked with the very stuff that made up my hypersensitivities. It was when I didn't handle it anymore and went to work in an office that my vision, weight, digestion, joint movement, etc., went utterly haywire. I needed bifocals quite suddenly at the age of 43. That's harsh, having gone from better than perfect vision just five years prior. I could see the most minuscule text and fantastic distances all very clearly before this sudden collapse.

The solution came in now avoiding all the things I am sensitive to: wheat and its entire family (rye, barley, and even oats that have been grown in fields that had grown wheat, rye, or barley previously as they are generally rotated), anything with any hint of soy, anything with either added or naturally occurring citric acid, anything with any hint of something peanut (as with soy), and anything with any hint of eggs. To that recently has been added carrots because of a very horrible taste to them, organic or otherwise; potatoes and rice, which made me very ill quite inexplicably but have now been discovered to have unacceptable levels of inorganic arsenic.

Now, after having cut out these foods altogether and continuing to pay close attention to how I feel after ingesting any sort of food, I have regained my excellent vision and have none of the previous symptoms at all, providing I am very diligent and attentive to what I consume. The funny thing is that the better I feel without these foods, the better I feel when I don't eat much at all. I eat less than a half liter in volume per week, and that usually consists of a couple of bowls of oatmeal made from water. organic milk, unrefined Atlantic sea salt, a very pure butter produced locally, and oats carefully grown in carefully cleaned and prepared fields. I drink probably a liter of water per day (our water is cleaned with ozone here) and several cups of very high quality coffee which is ground and prepared by me and by hand each time.

Although I'm not at all following anything medical science would recommend *at all*, I feel great, my weight is steady at 60kg, I sleep very well, I wake up easily and in a good mood. All of the previously existing discomfort is gone.

Food used to be a huge thing in my life. I was a foodie from way back before it was a thing. I studied pastry in Paris. If you don't live and breathe food as I did, you should manage easily once you find out what your food troubles are. Not many people have as many or as badly as I did. It's worth whatever price to feel good again.

It may sound like a huge sacrifice, but think about it. I don't have to think about food at all. I don't have to shop for it, prepare it, store it, throw it out, or any other part of that whole scene. It just doesn't exist the way it did before. I don't get hungry. I can feel health in my body now.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Welcome to the club! When I first started wearing glasses I only had to use them infrequently to read this or that, but with each passing year I require them more and more. I am dreading the day when I will need them for all things, but contacts are not an option (bad allergy eyes) and nobody is coming near my peepers with a laser!

I guess I'm lucky that my husband thinks glasses are sexy, because he's getting to see me in them a LOT more these days!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
thx to everyone for replying. It is great to read what other People are coping with and it has helped.

I am going to look into some herbal treatments, like chinese medicine etc and also, diet!

I am not sure if others feel this but I have noticed, I feel tired more so than when my I didn't have a problem with my eyes. Tired eyes = makes you feel tired, when in fact my body/mind is fine but my eyes seem to get tired.

lol omg I am so carp at describing this!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I feel your pain

I'm blind as a bat without my glasses. I have mastered sleeping in my glasses because I hate waking up and not being able to see anything. I really hate waking up and not being able to see my glasses. My ex use to move them and laugh at me while I hunted around the room looking for them. Evil!! lol I will admit it was funny but it wasn't fun!

I have worn contacts and glasses since HS. My vision now is pretty bad. I can't see anything without them. If I take them off now I can't read the screen. It's literally one big blur. It doesn't even look like words!

I have 3 pairs of contacts and 6mths worth of contacts. I have to have back up vision! You never know when your knee will cause the death of your glasses

new topics

top topics

join