It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate The Twelve!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Not trying to rage to hard as I know the advertisements are simply for AboveTopSecret to sustain itself...BUT SERIOUSLY this new video advertisement that is playing is HELLA ANNOYING THE PISS OUT OF ME!!!!
Every single tab or window I open on this website has Justin Cronin's stupid book screaming at me!Also the ad doesn't start immediately it usually waits about 1 or 2 minutes till I am already reading pages deep in a thread...
I gotta frantically search which tab/window is playing the annoying ad,and stop the video from playing.
Just when I stop that one "The Passage began an epic tale of sacrifice and survival blah blah blah READ THE TWELVE!!!!" sometimes its on ENDLESS LOOP.SO ANNOYING
Gonna stop now,raging as I hate typing in all CAPS to express a point lol.

I know one book I am NOT gonna read and what book I am gonna tell others sucked..The Passage Trilogy and The Twelve!

Anyone else hate this guys books too?!?!?!?!????

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
hmm I don't get hardly any ads. Just click on adchoices and get rid of the ones you don't want.

I haven't even seen the ad you refer to ... lucky me

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

omg blessed you are then,I just assumed we all got the same advertisements.
Im getting this video ad that plays everytime I go to the New,Top Topics,or Forum tabs.I usually open multiple tabs and they all start playing one after another or loop.I would just mute the volume but Im listening to music

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

it is on the front page, right down the bottom and in blue text it says 'adchoices'

I could do a screen shot or even post the link, but I am being lazy... lol

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

UGH! That was happening to me for a few days too. It WAS very annoying. It startled me a few times while i was deep in to reading.
Yes, then the scrambling.

Well, so far NO TWELVE attacks for me today, so there is hope! Chin up

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
guess I should just browse ATS with one window open so I know which tab/window the ruckus is coming from

arrgghhh well at least someone else has shared my "pain" LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

no problem,I condone lazyness

laze away hahaha

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
That they continue to put ads with sound on their main pages shows a serious lack of respect for their membership.

Most people don't mind silent ads - why is that not enough? Do you really get that much more revenue from loud annoying as siht ads?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

ya and don't just love those History channel ads that drop down and get all up in your face,blocking links to a interesting sounding thread?

its not too annoying...or at least less annoying then this Twelve ad that is spamming on me x_X

also....does anyone EVER purchase anything because they saw it on an advertisement???
"oh coca-cola boy do I need to be reminded that coke existed,lets go get some coke because I totally forget it existed" -___________-
edit on 27-11-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I used to bitch and moan about the advertising ....

until I found adchoices.

and I even came up with ideas on how to get revenue by not advertising... which wouldn't have worked anyway. So like me, one day you won't care about it and understand that your membership is free and you don't pay diddly squat to log in and enjoy the forum and when you realise that, just like I did,you will shut up about it.

edit on 27/11/2012 by Thurisaz because: grammar

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I agree on the History Channel pop-up being less obtrusive. I think it's the fact that it lets you know it's coming then gives you an opportunity to X out before it starts playing.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

nuh uh because if ATS started charging to be a member I would just view their website as a guest.If they blocked that I guess I gotta go to a different alternative news site xP

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Of course membership is free. But it's a symbiotic give-and-take relationship, in which we participate and drive traffic and in return, we tolerate advertising.

Sometimes, (about once a month until complaints come up) ATS decides to post ads that play videos with sound, and threads pop up expressing discontent. This is that thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I rarely access ATS on my desktop or laptop. With work I'm out and about most of the time so I usually post from my phone using the full site (doing that now in fact
). It has its downside, no flash and I can't upload images but the upshot is virtually no ads.

Also I haven't seen the ad in question but when I log in on the computer I usually find most of the ads are quite tailored to my interests, either that or they're for something I searched for days earlier. Google using my search info for profit again...!

The ad you describe OP does sound like a pain in the proverbial. A concentration breaker!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
LOL......I almost wrote a thread about this exact AD....it is sooo loud, and takes annoying to a whole new level ! It replays itself over and over until you pick a forum to read, it is completely invasive, and basically FORCES you to listen to it reguardless of the fact you never clicked on that link....I will never read that book just based on the AD.......enough is enough !!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
LOL......I almost wrote a thread about this exact AD....it is sooo loud, and takes annoying to a whole new level ! It replays itself over and over until you pick a forum to read, it is completely invasive, and basically FORCES you to listen to it reguardless of the fact you never clicked on that link....I will never read that book just based on the AD.......enough is enough !!!!!!!!

haha ya it replays itself over and over until you either close window,pause video or click a thread.
Its especially more annoying to me because I usually open up a new tab for everything that appeals to me,etc for quicker browsing...then before you know it that ad starts yelling at me and I have to go through each individual tab or window to find where its coming from....once I stop that one it starts on another tab/window!!lol so annoying/

today Im just cruising through ATS on MUTE

top topics

join