It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
"We're from the government and we're here to help".

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

GORGE JR BUSH, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

but really the list is much greater than just this, i could fill pages up just with the past twelve years, let alone throughout our history.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
As a response to pleas for internationalism, here is a quote from Canada's wartime Prime Minister. Weasel words from William Lyon Mackenzie King during the war.

"Conscription if necessary, but not necessarily conscription."

I know we're only allowed one but, in true political tradition and in violation of the rules, here is one from Pierre Trudeau, ridiculing Robert Stanfield's "wage and price controls" platform plank during an election. A policy Trudeau then adopted after winning the election.

"Zap, you're frozen."
edit on 28-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

You reminded me of something.

Helen Thomas once quoted George H.W. Bush as having said, "If the American people knew what we were up to they would chase us through the streets and lynch us."

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
this is one i am not proud to post, however, those who read it need to remember ...
these are the words of our CURRENT Supreme Court Justice - Ginsburg

Frankly, I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The thing that bothered me when I was in college was that I saw myself rejecting the way of life that got me to where I was.

USSC Justice Clarence Thomas
Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.

- Al Gore

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
'No U.S. Government Agency has ever taken an interest in UFOs since the closure of Project Bluebook in 1969".

link

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you excuse me. I have no time to listen to such nonsense.

-Napoleon Bonaparte, spoken to Robert Fulton
edit on 28-11-2012 by Snoil because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"All right then, let's get to the forum...."

~Julius Caesar

edit on 28-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
How can you limit this thread to just one item. They start so many programs and screw them up and make so many excuses that it is hard to post just one. You're a tease, that's what you are, limiting us to one.

edit on 28-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
How can you limit this thread to just one item. They start so many programs and screw them up and make so many excuses that it is hard to post just one. You're a tease, that's what you are, limiting us to one.

edit on 28-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I concur! *pound fist on table* Gotta say thanks to Phoenix358-brilliant thread, so many laughs and so little time!

Scorecard as of early Day 2-
Nationally - US is trouncing the rest of the world combined!

Individual Moment of Idiocy - Pelosi is owning numerous nations with just the one quote, justifiably

Lifetime Achievement Award - W may not have one that matches Pelosi on its own, but the scope and breadth of his work cannot be doubted

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ahhhrrrgggh I have some great ones from uk government , but I will need to dig them out of my daft quotes file !

my favourite bush

"mission accomplished "

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
anyone else find it odd that we began running out of oil 11years after OPEC originated ??

Because we are now running out of gas and oil, we must prepare quickly for a third change, to strict conservation and to the use of coal and permanent renewable energy sources, like solar power.

JIMMY CARTER, televised speech, Apr. 18, 1977

one has to wonder how we went from there to here in 35yrs ?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Rumsfeld alone has so many ,....Its hard to pick one,...

edit on 28-11-2012 by codesix because: link not working

edit on 28-11-2012 by codesix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"Read my lips!"

- W's Dad
edit on 28-11-2012 by Snoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." -- Schwarzenegger

I laughed so hard when I read this..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

You reminded me of something.

Helen Thomas once quoted George H.W. Bush as having said, "If the American people knew what we were up to they would chase us through the streets and lynch us."

This quote is more TRUE than stupid!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull
A Ronald Reagan classic

"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles."

Priceless

They do. Ever wonder why the Blue Ridge is blue? It ain't from cars. It is pollution from the trees. The more trees, the more PAH's and other pollutants we get.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Truly a sad, dimwitted individual
edit on 27-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Nothing more entertaining than a President of a Country sounding like that. You could switch the word "entertaining" with "embarrassing" in this situation, though.

"There's a saying in Tennessee. They say it in Texas, but probably in Tennessee, too. 'Fool me once......................................................................................shame on.....shame on you.' " LOLOL Jesus Christ.....hahahaha.

I miss that man's speeches, just not his leadership.

Ron Paul!!!

Lima-1, out.
edit on 28-11-2012 by OperationIraqiFailure because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join